Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Some music improvements at Fault 98.7

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Some music improvements at Fault 98.7

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:28 pm

Very nice hearing heavier Green Day, Pumpkins and Bush songs on 98.7, and a wider variety of 90s and 00s alternative hits.

Unfortunately, the automation still sucks. Would be nice if Tim Roberts would get off his ass and fix that. So many fucking songs have the final five seconds abruptly truncated heading into break.

They still need to fire the awful afternoon show, and the station still shows a propensity for spinning fruity ass new music over rock oriented tracks.

Mega Hertz

Re: Some music improvements at Fault 98.7

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:57 am

Perhaps I'll give it a listen today. Thanks.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:46 pm

I see the ratings of 98.7 fell back to their usually shitty level for the four week survey period concluded mid-August.

Back down to a 1.5 share! :lol

Even Hot 107.5 managed a 2 share. Even WDET managed a stronger AQH share than 98.7! LOL

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:45 pm

I just don't understand. You have consistently terrible ratings. You have listeners begging you to change the music up. Telling you to lose that shitty talk show. Yet you soldier on with the same out of market voice tracking, terrible CHR song choices and a show that has worse ratings than a high school station. Wouldn't you want to make some changes and win? Or is losing the in thing now?

-TurkeyTop

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:23 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:28 pm
Very nice hearing heavier Green Day, Pumpkins and Bush songs on 98.7, and a wider variety of 90s and 00s alternative hits.

Unfortunately, the automation still sucks. Would be nice if Tim Roberts would get off his ass and fix that. So many fucking songs have the final five seconds abruptly truncated heading into break.

They still need to fire the awful afternoon show, and the station still shows a propensity for spinning fruity ass new music over rock oriented tracks.
I don't understand how someome with a passion for music could hold that position and be lazy.
If I had that job, I would not be able to think of anything else but making everything sound perfect.

Music is my life.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:48 am

Changes should have been made 3 months ago. They already lost me. Too late.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

BKRPDM

Post by BKRPDM » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:36 pm

They killed 98.7 The Breeze for this?

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:04 pm

I can't stand a single one of their on-air hosts. Voice tracking already sucked, but this is bad. It's like "corporate alternative". And that Lazlo show...fuck me. How. Why. Please put that signal to better use.

-TurkeyTop

armchair pd

Post by armchair pd » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:59 pm

Lunacy just flipped their bottom feeder country station in NYC to classic hip hop.
Could this be an option to put Fault out of it's misery?
Wouldn't be any overlap with any of their current Detroit stations.

https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/arch ... es-classic

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:27 pm

CBS fucked up big time by not moving AMP in such a direction in, say, 2014. They allowed Beasley to swoop in and grab a format that has billed decently.

I cannot see Audacy flipping 98.7 to a format whose longevity remains questionable and is already found on another major signal locally.

I also cannot picture them pulling the plug on Alt this soon. The one year anniversary occurs in November.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:01 pm

Whether you like the song or not, they cut into "The Middle" by Jimmy Eat World this morning around 6 to hit their stop set. That has to be some of the shittiest programming I've ever heard.

-TurkeyTop

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:21 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:01 pm
Whether you like the song or not, they cut into "The Middle" by Jimmy Eat World this morning around 6 to hit their stop set. That has to be some of the shittiest programming I've ever heard.
They did it a few nights ago, when I was listening for about 90 minutes.

They claim to do a "2 minute-promise" for commercials, but adding it all up, there were more commercials than actual music.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:14 am

I guess I just don't understand the point of cutting into songs. Hit your stopset when you have to (provided you're in a decent range of it), and drop/add songs as you have to. Of course, you can do that when you have a live body in the studio. Someone that can compare what's on the list to what time it is. They maybe played a minute and a half of the Jimmy Eat World song and then cut to commercial. Of all the radio people I've ever known and even the stuff I did, I've never heard of anyone stopping a song unless it was a complete and total emergency. A major death. A tornado warning. Bob Seger has bad gas. But to stop a song for commercials? Nah.

-TurkeyTop

Silvio Dante

Post by Silvio Dante » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:46 pm

Seem obvious there isn't anyone there that gives a shit about the station, format or listeners. Standard operating procedure for corporate radio.

tivoking

Post by tivoking » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:03 am

armchair pd wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:59 pm
Lunacy just flipped their bottom feeder country station in NYC to classic hip hop.
Could this be an option to put Fault out of it's misery?
97.9 had their secondary HD playing classic hip hop years ago, but no idea if they still do. The last time I checked years ago it was dead air.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic