Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Beasley flips its two crappiest translators to Sports Talk

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Beasley flips its two crappiest translators to Sports Talk

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:08 pm

The 93.5 translator, whose signal is concentrated over Detroit, Dearborn, Livonia and also extreme southern Macomb County, and a newly launched translator at 99.1 MHz, flipped today to Sports as "The Roar."

94.7 HD2 also flipped.

The programming is mostly if not entirely brokered. Daytime programming comes from the Michigan Sports Network and Woodward Sports.

Nights and weekends come from SportsMap radio from Houston.

This programming will be lucky to grab a 0.3 share. Crappy programming on two very bad signals.

99.1 is receivable in my area (near Royal Oak, Birmingham, Beverly Hills border) but doesn't come in as easily as 98.3, 99.9, 101.5 or 106.3.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Beasley flips its two crappiest translators to Sports Talk

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:42 pm

After some further checking, I'd say 99.1 in my area is on par with 98.3 strength wise.

Not impressive considering 98.3's TX antenna is more than twice the distance from my house.

106.3 doesn't perform nearly as well as it did a few years ago. After some additional checking, I'm going to have to walk back what I said in my opening post. I think 99.1 is a little stronger. Bear in mind I live in an area where 99.1 CJAM has always had a next to non-existent signal. Up in the higher terrain of Bloomfield Hills and Rochester Hills, there is probably some annoying mixing in the car.

HD74

Post by HD74 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:38 pm

So what signal are they translating? They cannot originate their own programming, as they are translators.

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:43 pm

94.7 HD2 is the source station.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic