Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

New ABC logo (well, sorta)

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 7620

New ABC logo (well, sorta)

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:43 pm

The ABC logo was introduced 11 days ago. My question is, Will WXYZ use the new ABC logo? Since ABC is pushing for the affiliates to use its new logo with the station logo, I say yes. Personally, I say leave it like it is now, as in the station continuing to use the old ABC logo. I see no real difference between the new and the old.

Deleted User 7620

Re: New ABC logo (well, sorta)

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:03 am

rp
Last edited by Deleted User 7620 on Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:03 am

Apparently, WXYZ is going to use the new ABC logo, but it’s not going to be as recognizable, as it’s going to be a ghost version. It’s supposed to be used in the fall.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:09 am

Is WXYZ renovating its news set?

Over the past two to three weeks, I've noticed only a small portion of its set (i.e. the area directly in front of the video wall) is being utilized.

If yes - hopefully the next one is a little brighter and less dreary looking.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

sfpcc1

Post by sfpcc1 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:26 pm

CircleWXYZ wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:43 pm
The ABC logo was introduced 11 days ago. My question is, Will WXYZ use the new ABC logo? Since ABC is pushing for the affiliates to use its new logo with the station logo, I say yes. Personally, I say leave it like it is now, as in the station continuing to use the old ABC logo. I see no real difference between the new and the old.

CircleWXYZ, I'm just curious and I apologize in advance if this question seems nosy. Do You have a background in graphics arts or do you have a keen interest in TV Station logos? I guess I would fall in the later category, especially logos made before 1980, (logos of today are boring.)

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:59 pm

sfpcc1 wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:26 pm
CircleWXYZ wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:43 pm

CircleWXYZ, I'm just curious and I apologize in advance if this question seems nosy. Do You have a background in graphics arts or do you have a keen interest in TV Station logos? I guess I would fall in the later category, especially logos made before 1980, (logos of today are boring.)
Not a background as a major, but I’ve been fascinated with images. I think changing the ABC logo was very unnecessary, because it’s timeless. I understand why they did it but I just don’t agree with it.

As long as they stick with the “ 7 ABC” image and don’t go to an “ABC 7” image (network logo to the left of the station logo) incorporating the new logo should be flawless.

G G

Post by G G » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:00 am

I like that this thread is about a logo, and six posts in, there isn't even an image of the logo. I can't find it, and I even went to the WXYZ logopedia page.

https://logos.fandom.com/wiki/WXYZ-TV

If you're going to start a thread about a new logo, how about including it in the OP.

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:40 am

G G wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:00 am
I like that this thread is about a logo, and six posts in, there isn't even an image of the logo. I can't find it, and I even went to the WXYZ logopedia page.

https://logos.fandom.com/wiki/WXYZ-TV

If you're going to start a thread about a new logo, how about including it in the OP.
https://logos.fandom.com/wiki/ABC_(United_States)

Talking about this new ABC logo! According to some on tv news talk (https://forums.tvnewstalk.net/topic/183 ... /#comments), some ABC owned stations and affiliates are pushing back on this. I think it’s possible they will either slowly integrate the new logo or just delay it all together. WXYZ Will apparently use it at some point (I believe in the next couple weeks) but they might roll it out slowly. Remember, Scripps just introduced a new graphics package just last year.
Last edited by Deleted User 7620 on Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:45 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:09 am

Over the past two to three weeks, I've noticed only a small portion of its set (i.e. the area directly in front of the video wall) is being utilized.

I think they are. I’ve noticed this as well!!

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:47 am

WXYZ showed the new logo today in a fall preview for a promotion of the new season of Kelly and Ryan.

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:31 pm

CircleWXYZ wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:47 am
WXYZ showed the new logo today in a fall preview for a promotion of the new season of Kelly and Ryan.
:wink:

Herm

Post by Herm » Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:35 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:09 am

Nope… it’s delta variant related.
We needed to create space between anchors.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:06 am

Aren't they sitting at the same anchor desk that's always used?

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:54 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:06 am
Aren't they sitting at the same anchor desk that's always used?
They are. They’ve used that same set since 2011. It’s due for a change!!

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:07 pm

They are going to introduce the new look on the newscasts I heard in the next couple weeks. They might get a new opening as well.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic