Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Amy Andrews recovering from surgery after back injury

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
deadend

Re: Amy Andrews recovering from surgery after back injury

Post by deadend » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:56 am

I agree about Sandra Ali. I think she looked better before she lost all the weight. She’s starting to look like a puppet with all the fillers.

But my god… amy andrews has her hair pulled back this morning and her face looks like a nightmare. Amy, why did you do this to yourself??? You were a pretty woman now you look like a freak!!

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:00 am

Do stations use "beauty consultants" or something like that who give direction to the on-air talent, or are they on their own to figure out what should look best?

rushbuzz1013

Post by rushbuzz1013 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:13 am

Now, I have to disagree with some of you. This morning, Amy looked very nice with her hair pulled back and wearing black.
Yeah, she has changed over the years. Got to in the vain TV biz. But, who hasn't.

Lickalime

Post by Lickalime » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:19 am

So two female reporters that haven't given into the vainness of the tv biz are Mara MacDonald and Jennifer Hammond. Now, I know people have commented before that neither of them are the "wowzia! look at the sweater puppies on that girl with a face to boot" category, but they are both good examples of women who have built a career on how they do their job over how they look doing their job. That said, both Mara MacDonald and Jennifer Hammond are attractive women. Maybe this is me sticking up for other women, but I find nothing wrong with a female reporter being of normal shape and size and showing wrinkles and some gray hair. Unfortunately, there is a much higher standard for women on tv.

deadend

Post by deadend » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:47 am

I agree, lickalime. Hammond, McDonald, Robin Murdoch, and the others who haven’t warped their faces are attractive and didn’t need to go that route because they’re talented, which is why they should be there in the first place. Amy andrews face has become a distraction from what she’s reporting

Sgt. Sackto

Post by Sgt. Sackto » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:43 pm

Disregard.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic