Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Amy Andrews recovering from surgery after back injury

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 15621

Re: Amy Andrews recovering from surgery after back injury

Post by Deleted User 15621 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:01 pm

rushbuzz1013 wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:46 am
Alligatorarms wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:34 am
Sgt. Sackto wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:41 am
Immortalized nationally for her "lets hope its a dry hump day" blooper. :lol:
https://youtu.be/CoMDMrxkx74
Wow, Amy looks COMPLETELY different. :(
Wood filler does wonders nowadays.

Tman

Post by Tman » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:11 am

Never a complaint about Amy until she is out with an injury . Then the Trolls pounce on her while she's down . She looks great and sounds even better at work . Hope she returns soon .

deadend

Post by deadend » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:48 am

She looked great… until she screwed her face up

Deleted User 15621

Post by Deleted User 15621 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:33 am

Amy could be the new spokesperson for Minwax High Performance Wood Filler.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:13 am

Actually, there have been quite a few posts here regarding her evolving facial appearance over the past few years.

It is very noticeable to anyone watching in high def.

I don't know if it's bad plastic surgery, bad makeup application, different video processing or some combination, but she definitely does not look the same as she did even five years ago.

Her injury sounds awful. Definitely wish her well and look forward to seeing her return soon.

On the topic of Fox 2 News in general, they should consider upgrading air talent, weather radar imagery (why is their radar imagery resolution so piss poor compared to 7, 4, and most stations outstate?) as well as their crappy looking news set.

Whereas 7 and 4 bring in fresh faces, 2 seems to just get by with fewer people.

Station took several steps backward when it reduced investigative reporting resources, LeDuff quit, Savage tragically passed away, and Feldman retired.

Fox 2 is the last station I turn to for breaking news or weather these days.

non-anon bob

Post by non-anon bob » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:56 am

I'd love to "tango" with Amy! :hat https://youtu.be/GdqrswOD8jY

...and NOW, Ladies & Gentlemen...The Next Poster!
...CKLW, the Motor City...

matt1

Post by matt1 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:48 pm

I guess they took the song off because of music royalities!! The sound starts at 1:41 mark!!

SoutheastMIViewer

Post by SoutheastMIViewer » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:31 pm

Hope she recovered well. Back injuries can be Nasty

If you don’t have a mask covering your exhaust pipe on the car, you are not trying to stop global warming by preventing the harmful emission particles from spraying out!

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:02 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:13 am
On the topic of Fox 2 News in general, they should consider upgrading air talent, weather radar imagery (why is their radar imagery resolution so piss poor compared to 7, 4, and most stations outstate?) as well as their crappy looking news set.

Whereas 7 and 4 bring in fresh faces, 2 seems to just get by with fewer people.

Station took several steps backward when it reduced investigative reporting resources, LeDuff quit, Savage tragically passed away, and Feldman retired.

Fox 2 is the last station I turn to for breaking news or weather these days.
Myself, I think Fox2 should shuffle things a bit. Who there decides who sits in the studio, and who runs around on the street?
I could name a swap or two I'd like to see. Bring Murdoch or Erickson in to sub for Andrews and see how it goes.

Swap Ermani and Woodriffe. See how Woody does as a morning anchor. I could see him doing well myself.

If memory serves me right, I believe the last few ratings posts on here show Fox2 most watched in morning. And while I agree with you that more and more, Fox2 is not the place to go for local breaking news ("It's been 15 minutes, let's go to Doug Luzader in Washington AGAIN"), out of the three local stations, it seems they do weather and traffic more frequently than the other two. The two things most people crawling out of bed want to know.

I just now watched Mr & Mrs Smith on if I recall is the least watched morning news in Detroit. They went 17 minutes between weather reports. Instead telling us about some guy with a rare fungus. With graphics. Just the sort of thing somebody half asleep is interested in looking at.

Deleted User 15225

Post by Deleted User 15225 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:16 pm

I bet she had labiaplasty from Roche too.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:48 pm

I just now watched Mr & Mrs Smith on if I recall is the least watched morning news in Detroit. They went 17 minutes between weather reports. Instead telling us about some guy with a rare fungus. With graphics. Just the sort of thing somebody half asleep is interested in looking at.
WXYZ does a horrible job with its weather & traffic scheduling. That's the one thing their revolving door of news directors seems to have in common.

On WJBK, you know you'll see it on the 2's. (Even though the reports at :22 after the hour are often half-assed and of limited usefulness.)

On WDIV, you know you'll see it on the 4's.

What about WXYZ? I couldn't friggin' tell ya. Their schedule is impossible to figure out. You raise a terrific point. Sometimes, the reports are spaced 7 or 8 minutes apart. Other times, they are spaced more than 15 minutes apart.

musicfan

Post by musicfan » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:18 am

I'm happy to see that Amy is recovering well enough to be back on the news again. Back issues are tricky conditions and I hope she is able to get back to a normal way of living. BUT...she must have had a two for one (BOGO) while in the hospital. Beyond the back surgery, she must have had additional facial work. Noticed that Fox 2 is back to spit screen close ups again. Yesterday, she tilted her head downward to read some printed copy, and her upper lips protrusion definitely looked as though she had fillers injected. Plus her checks appear to be more puffed and frozen. She definitely is moving beyond the "Whitmer" botox appearance toward the Stonehenge chiseled look. If she is not too careful, the "cat like" features will not be too far behind. It's a shame...without all of that work, she is a naturally attractive woman. She needs to age more gracefully.

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:18 pm

Glad she is doing well, I am surprised she is back though for the coverage, made it sound she would be out for months

deadend

Post by deadend » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:02 pm

Her face looks more solid and plastic like than before. I bet she had more work done. Such a shame. She’s uncomfortable and freakish to look at anymore. She was a beautiful woman and now… yuck

Lickalime

Post by Lickalime » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:48 pm

I'm shocked Amy Andrews is a year younger than me. I've been told I don't look my age, but it's obvious I'm not in my early/mid 30s. I get having to look a certain way being on tv, but yikes!

Sandra Ali is another one who should lay off the fillers and botox a bit. Again, I get there's a certain news reporter look and women really aren't allow to age on tv, but it's to the point where all the fillers and botox is distracting.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic