Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

DeFy,TruReal & GetTV INVADE Metro Detroit

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
windsor

DeFy,TruReal & GetTV INVADE Metro Detroit

Post by windsor » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:40 am

WPXD has just launched the NEW diginets DeFy tv 31.4 , TruReal tv 31.5 and returning to a full power signal is GetTV on 31.6.

At the moment DeFy and TrReal are stunting leading up to their July 1 launch.

Big THX :D to WPXD for bringing back GetTV to a full power after GetTV was relegated to a low power low vhf signal which most of the metro cannot receive.

F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

Splouge

Re: DeFy,TruReal & GetTV INVADE Metro Detroit

Post by Splouge » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:09 pm

And Court TV is in HD now. I didn't think that WPXD would affiliate with any non-Scripps owned diginets. Don't expect Rewind TV to end up on 31 though, GetTV pays their affiliates, Rewind and Antenna dont. Still pretty cool

I am looking forward to Defy and TrueReal. I don't know why Storage Wars is gonna be on TR as opposed to Defy though

"Wanna watch some syndicated slop with very little budget or entertainment value? You got it buddy!"

-Byron "The Broadcast Butcher" Allen

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:22 am

I haven't seen websites for Defy or TruReal do they have websites?

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:12 am

The dual high-def pictures on WPXD 31.1 (ION) and 31.2 (Court TV) look really nice! Most of the standard def signals look really nice, too. Unfortunately, Get TV looks a little washed out and grainy.

Pretty sad that a low budget ION-affiliated station and the local PBS station upgraded to dual high-def broadcast capability before all of the major network affiliates in town. Bounce, for example, would probably look great if it were broadcast in HD.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

windsor

Post by windsor » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:06 am

The stunting is a great idea to build excitement for the channel and let viewers know something new is coming.Sadly most of the diginets dont stunt just appear.

Did Doozy turn into Trureal ?? I remember it being DeFy and Doozy as channel names.

Splouge

Post by Splouge » Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:18 am

Windsor: Yep, Doozy became TrueReal.

Metalhead: WXYZ already has dual HD. 20.1 is on their signal. So don't count on Bounce in HD

"Wanna watch some syndicated slop with very little budget or entertainment value? You got it buddy!"

windsor

Post by windsor » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:11 pm

Is GetTV still being shown on WHNE???

SolarMax

Post by SolarMax » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:00 pm

windsor wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:11 pm
Is GetTV still being shown on WHNE???
I saw it on there earlier this week. Maybe July 1 will be a drop-dead date for it on 3.2.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:26 am

It's not terribly uncommon for diginets to appear on multiple signals in the same market. Wouldn't shock me if GET remains on 3.2.

On a related note, the drive-in movies channel on 3.6 has been blank now for a few weeks.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:50 am

I noticed that 3.6 too, but was thinking I might have to re-scan to get it to work. Glad to see it's not just me.

Not sure when they made the switch to 3.10. It's not "Fun Roads". Not sure what it was before but I know I watched it a lot more when it was the other content.

szmigiel

Post by szmigiel » Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:22 am

It will be nice to have Get TV on a more reliable signal. I still have issues getting WHNE in consistently.I'm not real a fan of "Reality TV" shows so I will probably just leave DeFy and TruReal on skip and only add Get TV.

According to WHNE facebook they needed to fix the computer that runs Drive-In, but that parts they ordered didn't work and they had to reorder parts again. They are hoping to have it back up soon.

SolarMax

Post by SolarMax » Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:51 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:26 am

On a related note, the drive-in movies channel on 3.6 has been blank now for a few weeks.
On their Facebook page, WHNE said that "DriveIn" originates solely from a computer at the transmitter site.
That computer has failed in some fashion, and they say they've been waiting weeks for "parts" to fix it. :roll:
Maybe they don't know MicroCenter is right up the road...

SolarMax

Post by SolarMax » Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:54 pm

From TVTechnology trade mag about these new diginets:

Scripps' Defy TV and TrueReal Launch in 92% of Country

tvtechnology.com/news/scripps-defy-tv-and-truereal-launch-in-92-of-country
July 1, 2021

CINCINNATI—Scripps has announced that its new reality-based national television networks Defy TV and TrueReal got wide distribution at launch on July 1, reaching 92% of the United States.

The launches are part of a larger expansion of the Scripps Networks. The company now has a portfolio of nine networks, with Defy TV and TrueReal joining ION, Bounce, Laff, Grit, Court TV, Court TV Mystery and Newsy. Newsy will launch as a free over-the-air network on Friday, Oct. 1.

Defy TV will cater to men ages 25-54, with programming that “celebrates fascinating and independent-minded people living life to the fullest,” the company reported.

Programming will include popular series such as “Swamp People” (Mondays), “Counting Cars” (Tuesdays), “American Pickers” (Wednesdays), “The Curse of Oak Island” (Thursdays), “Forged in Fire” (Fridays), “Ax Men” (Saturdays), “Alone” (Saturdays), “Dog the Bounty Hunter” (Sundays) and “Pawn Stars” (Sundays) among others.

TrueReal will serve women ages 25-54 with what Scripps is calling “addictive, unscripted dramatic television.”

Similar to Defy TV, its lineup will include popular series such as “Storage Wars” (Mondays), “Hoarders” (Tuesdays), “Little Women: LA” (Wednesdays), “Intervention” (Thursdays), “I Survived” (Fridays), “Married at First Sight” (Saturdays), “Little Women: Atlanta” (Sundays) and “Wahlburgers” (Sundays) among others.

Splouge

Post by Splouge » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:22 pm

I actually really like these channels. I just discovered the Curse of Oak Island, and I am hooked. I just wish they wouldn't have marathon scheduling every day.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic