Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

April Moss

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
PinkPanther69

Re: April Moss

Post by PinkPanther69 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:57 pm

SolidGoldDancers wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:43 pm
PinkPanther69 wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:54 am
thatonedude wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:41 pm
I hope she was terminated. Ranting like that on-air is unacceptable; I don't give a shit what side she's on, it's beyond unprofessional, especially for a weathercaster -- who is expected to not even bring politics up at ALL -- to let their political feelings loose on the air.

Also, PROJECT VERITAS? CBS is probably just shitting themselves over that, I'm sure. :roll:

Priceless!

You mean like how WDIV's Devin Scillian was lashing out against Trump during his 5pm newscast last Fall, and how WDIV used his lashing out against Trump as Promotion both on-air and online. And how WXYZ Sportscaster Brad Galli publicly praised Scillian on WDIV's Facebook page for his lashing out against trump. Sportscasters like Galli should be sportscasters and stay out of politics, right?

Not to mention Lester Holt and David Muir on the national "news" casts. Lester Holt, referring to NBC's liberal bias, was even quoted as saying "fairness is overrated."

Or how WJBK Sportscaster Dan Miller and Weatherman Rich Luterman spent an entire segment lashing out on Let It Rip and absolutely trashing Trump a couple years ago? They should all be fired too?

Project Veritas is well respected when it comes to exposing hypocrisy.
April Moss was fired because she went off script and made allegations against her employer when she should have been, ya know, reading the weather. That's it. It is what happens to at-will/performance contract employees when they deviate from the routine, backtalk or it is just their turn. CBS doesn't need a reason to fire her, but clearly she hinted she was on her way to being a giant pain in the ass and they cut her loose.

As much as conservatives loathe the mainstream media, they sure seem to watch a lot of it. Here's a fun fact, did you know Michigan GOP co-chair Meshawn Maddock used to work at WDIV?

Going "off script".... like Devin Scillian! Perhaps if she would have simply trashed Trump she would have received a promotion. Perhaps Devin should have, ya know, read the news rather than loathe Trump!

thatonedude

Post by thatonedude » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:10 pm

PinkPanther69 wrote: Priceless!

You mean like how WDIV's Devin Scillian was lashing out against Trump during his 5pm newscast last Fall, and how WDIV used his lashing out against Trump as Promotion both on-air and online. And how WXYZ Sportscaster Brad Galli publicly praised Scillian on WDIV's Facebook page for his lashing out against trump. Sportscasters like Galli should be sportscasters and stay out of politics, right?

Not to mention Lester Holt and David Muir on the national "news" casts. Lester Holt, referring to NBC's liberal bias, was even quoted as saying "fairness is overrated."

Or how WJBK Sportscaster Dan Miller and Weatherman Rich Luterman spent an entire segment lashing out on Let It Rip and absolutely trashing Trump a couple years ago? They should all be fired too?

PinkPanther69 wrote: Going "off script".... like Devin Scillian! Perhaps if she would have simply trashed Trump she would have received a promotion. Perhaps Devin should have, ya know, read the news rather than loathe Trump!
First off LL (nice try disguising yourself), Scillian was defending his fellow journalists and anchors from Trump's shit-slinging. What he did is different from what Moss did.

Second off, where is your source for Holt's supposed remark? Seems like you're just pulling stuff out of your ass, which is par for the course from you.

Also, Let It Rip is an OPINION segment -- so I don't care what Miller or Luterman said then, and really, it's irrelevant to the discussion at hand. If they did it during their sportscast or weathercast, then I'd have an issue. But they didn't.

Project Veritas is a joke to any respectable journalist, and for good reason. A good portion of their "investigations" have been outed as pure conjecture and bullshit.

You are beyond delusional.

take this job and shove it

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:35 pm

thatonedude wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:10 pm
....Project Veritas is a joke to any respectable journalist, and for good reason. A good portion of their "investigations" have been outed as pure conjecture and bullshit....
Just out of curiosity, can you name a few of those? Especially local folks that might qualify?

thatonedude

Post by thatonedude » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:50 pm

km1125 wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:35 pm
thatonedude wrote:
....Project Veritas is a joke to any respectable journalist, and for good reason. A good portion of their "investigations" have been outed as pure conjecture and bullshit....
Just out of curiosity, can you name a few of those? Especially local folks that might qualify?
I'm sure some will disagree with this, and that's fine, but here's who I consider "respectable":
Huel Perkins
Rob Wolchek
Devin Scillian
Monica Gayle
Roop Raj
Kimberly Gill
Murray Feldman
M.L. Elrick (when he was still a reporter)

I can't speak for national news -- I listen to NPR or read the AP and Reuters -- but the BBC has some of the best news reporting that I've seen internationally. Used to watch BBC World News quite a bit when I still had cable.

take this job and shove it

thekman

Post by thekman » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:25 pm

thatonedude wrote:
PinkPanther69 wrote: Priceless!

PinkPanther69 wrote: Going "off script".... like Devin Scillian! Perhaps if she would have simply trashed Trump she would have received a promotion. Perhaps Devin should have, ya know, read the news rather than loathe Trump!
First off LL (nice try disguising yourself), Scillian was defending his fellow journalists and anchors from Trump's shit-slinging. What he did is different from what Moss did.

Second off, where is your source for Holt's supposed remark? Seems like you're just pulling stuff out of your ass, which is par for the course from you.

Also, Let It Rip is an OPINION segment -- so I don't care what Miller or Luterman said then, and really, it's irrelevant to the discussion at hand. If they did it during their sportscast or weathercast, then I'd have an issue. But they didn't.

Project Veritas is a joke to any respectable journalist, and for good reason. A good portion of their "investigations" have been outed as pure conjecture and bullshit.

I must admit the Scillian thing annoyed me too. People can see what’s going on between Trump and the media, think for themselves, and reach their own conclusions. Maybe it makes me the oddball, but I guess I’m just not a fan of journalists venturing into opinion much at all, frankly on either side of the political fence. Trust the audience to think for themselves, instead of acquiescing to the inclination to tell the world your own opinion. I understand his desire to defend his journalistic brethren, but I think it would be better to defend them by simply going out, reading the news, and doing a great job. It just seemed exceedingly thin-skinned to me.

So, that’s my opinion on not giving opinions, lol.

PinkPanther69

Post by PinkPanther69 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:36 pm

thatonedude wrote:

1. Trump's shit-slinging? How many times has unbiased "respectable" Devin interrupted a live newscast to lash out against Biden? Oh that's right, Biden is "Holier-than-thou" and doesn't deserve any lashings from Scillian. Hence the reason the Washington Post decided to close down it's so-called "fact-checking" department on Biden. The hypocrisy is simply breathtaking, even for a far-left liberal loon like yourself.

2. Here is my source sweetheart. Google is your friend:

https://247sports.com/college/ole-miss/ ... 163455234/

3. You seem to enjoy conspiracy theories, thinking I'm some dude named "LL".

4. Project Veritas is world class. I hold them to a higher standard than any of your knit-wit liberal "journalists" you labeled as "respectable." Why are most of your guys liberals by the way?

5. Apparently you're the "delusional" one drinking the far-left Kool-Aid. Remember, you need to always remember to take your meds on time and at the appropriate dose.

Don't forget to watch your hero Rachel Maddow tonight on MS-DNC weeknights at 9pm Eastern/ 8pm Central. The mere fact that "personalities" from MS-DNC are permitted to cross-over to NBS Nightly "news" tells us everything we need to know.
Last edited by PinkPanther69 on Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PinkPanther69

Post by PinkPanther69 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:38 pm

thekman wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:25 pm

I must admit the Scillian thing annoyed me too. People can see what’s going on between Trump and the media, think for themselves, and reach their own conclusions. Trust the audience to think for themselves, instead of acquiescing to the inclination to tell the world your own opinion.

AMEN brother!

PinkPanther69

Post by PinkPanther69 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:48 pm

Thank God for the good people at Project Veritas and all the painstaking hard work they do exposing wrongdoing! Looks like she will have no problem finding her next gig.

https://rumble.com/vizha3-real-america- ... -2021.html

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:50 pm

PinkPanther69 wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:48 pm
Thank God for the good people at Project Veritas and all the painstaking hard work they do exposing wrongdoing! Looks like she will have no problem finding her next gig.

https://rumble.com/vizha3-real-america- ... -2021.html
Fantastic… she can go be a snowflake somewhere else.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:25 am

Insulting your employer on the air and then badmouthing them to a separate investigative journalism organization is absolutely worthy of termination, assuming we're not talking about a whistleblower situation.

Moss's allegations are not at all protected by whistleblower statutes.

She was rightfully canned.

What Scillian did was defend (not trash)his news organization and fellow journalists, and his bosses likely knew in advance what he was going to say. Very different from what Moss did.

Scillian brings viewers in droves to 4. Conversely, few people give two shits who handles weather at throwaway 62, the bastard child of the CBS empire.

PinkPanther69

Post by PinkPanther69 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:28 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:25 am
Insulting your employer on the air and then badmouthing them to a separate investigative journalism organization is absolutely worthy of termination, assuming we're not talking about a whistleblower situation.

Moss's allegations are not at all protected by whistleblower statutes.

She was rightfully canned.

What Scillian did was defend (not trash)his news organization and fellow journalists, and his bosses likely knew in advance what he was going to say. Very different from what Moss did.

Scillian brings viewers in droves to 4. Conversely, few people give two shits who handles weather at throwaway 62, the bastard child of the CBS empire.
What Scillian did was pontificate his liberal bias during a live newscast for all the world (Detroit) to see. Pure and simple. Nobody needed "defending" from Scillian. What a total joke! After 4-years of Trump, people (especially so-called journalists) knew what to expect. It was absolutely trashing Trump and totally uncalled for.

Scillian's bosses had no way of knowing what Devin was going to say, as they were airing a LIVE Trump press conference before they "canceled" it. Scillian should have been, and would have been fired back in the day. Now it gets promoted and Devin gets a raise. Totally disrespectful and unprofessional for Devin to assume his viewers can't make up their own mind about Trump.

How many times has Scillian said ANYTHING negative about Biden? Exactly!

Ethics be damned as long as you bring in viewers? It's a local newscast, not the Jerry Springer show.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:46 am

Never said Scillian wasn't biased. What I did say is his employer was likely fine with his remarks, rightly or wrongly. He also didn't trash his employer on live TV.

Most if not all national news organizations fail in the ethics department in various ways. Those shows don't exist to inform, they exist to dramatize and inflame tensions.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:21 am

I am just happy that we are finally "containing" the entitled White conservative victim crowd and push them back down to their own little platforms where we can ignore them again.

Could you imagine what a circus this would have become if our recently fired President and not been removed from twitter?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:49 pm

She deserved to be shitcanned. Good riddance!

Smirnoff

Post by Smirnoff » Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:04 am

Any thought about her listing her termination behavior on Linkedin and/or resume? 😁😁😁

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic