Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WJR, Hosts need to get back to work!

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Colonel Flagg

WJR, Hosts need to get back to work!

Post by Colonel Flagg » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:32 am

For the last 20 minutes, Kevin Dietz has sounded like he's doing the show under water. Why in the fuck are these idiots not back to work in the Fisher Building???

One would think fill-in hosts, temporary hosts, lame replacement hosts, and a nearly non-existent news department would be enough strikes against WJR, without adding garbled audio and "Can you hear me NOW?" to the mix. :x

Hey Mike Wheeler, grow a pair, and get your people back in the studio where they belong!

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

windsorjoe

Re: WJR, Hosts need to get back to work!

Post by windsorjoe » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:06 pm

Kevin Dietz always sounds like he miles away. I do like when he fills in, but he really needs better audio.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:10 pm

Michael DelGiorno at Cumulus' WWTN Nashville has a complete studio in his home. He's taken a serious interest in studio contruction and engineering. I think they put up an STL because they had so much trouble with the internet feed. It's much better now.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:15 pm

windsorjoe wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:06 pm
Kevin Dietz always sounds like he miles away. I do like when he fills in, but he really needs better audio.
What he needs is to be back at the station.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:21 am

Guy Gordon was filling in for Paul W this morning, and threw it to Kevin for a preview of the midday show. Guy told him, "Kevin, I'm only getting every third word"

Yep. That's good radio, alright :lol

windsorjoe

Post by windsorjoe » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:26 pm

“Can someone replace the string between the two soup cans?”

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:15 pm

windsorjoe wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:26 pm
“Can someone replace the string between the two soup cans?”
Yep. And remember, this is considered "high tech" :lol

My question remains, why are these people still at home, sounding like they are broadcasting from a tiled bathroom? Get back to the studio! Do you want the job, or not?!!!

armchair pd

Post by armchair pd » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:47 pm

WJR's studios are supposedly gutted right now they are remodeling and the board ops are in a tiny studio.
That's most likely why they are still remote.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:26 pm

armchair pd wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:47 pm
WJR's studios are supposedly gutted right now they are remodeling and the board ops are in a tiny studio.
Are they going to try and cram everything into the 8th floor, and get rid of the 7th? Or vice-versa? I can't see the bean counters at Cumulus paying for "remodeling" without there being some other machinations involved.

armchair pd

Post by armchair pd » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:09 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:26 pm
armchair pd wrote:
Are they going to try and cram everything into the 8th floor, and get rid of the 7th? Or vice-versa? I can't see the bean counters at Cumulus paying for "remodeling" without there being some other machinations involved.
I believe 7 is going bye bye at some point.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:27 am

armchair pd wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:09 pm
Colonel Flagg wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:26 pm
armchair pd wrote:
I believe 7 is going bye bye at some point.
I always thought moving downstairs was a bad idea. Mike Fezzey's thinking was that they needed more space for WDRQ. Once "Doug FM" came along, that was no longer the case. The WJR sales area, during the couple of years I was there, was largely empty. Lots of wasted space on the 8th floor.

Glad to hear Lloyd Jackson back on WJR, even with the signature tiled bathroom toilet echo. Kevin Dietz and Guy Gordon are still lousy. If Cumulus had a brain in their empty heads, they would get Phil Valentine's show from WWTN on WJR. Local shows are preferred, except when they totally blow, which is the case here.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic