Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Dopey Andrew Humphrey strikes again

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Dopey Andrew Humphrey strikes again

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:00 pm

Andrew on 6PM news an hour ago:
Some storms might have very small hail this evening.

NWS bulletin for storm moving toward western and central Livingston County issued minutes ago:

"Tennis ball sized hail and be alert for a possible tornado!"

I will say it appears the most intense portion of this super cell thunderstorm will likely remain along or just west of the Ingham / Livingston line, closer to Webberville.

musicfan

Re: Dopey Andrew Humphrey strikes again

Post by musicfan » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:26 pm

I swear, Humphrey's spends half of his weathercast spewing out public service announcements.

When it's cold..."Remember to dress in extra layers, make sure that your pets are inside, be careful with your space heaters, give yourself plenty of distance between your vehicle and the one in front of you, make sure that you have an emergency kit in your car should you become stuck".

When it's warm..."Remember to dress in loose and light cloths, wear your sunscreen, make sure that your pets are not left out in the heat, make sure your air conditioner is clear from debris, with the fish flies out from the lake in the east side...make sure that you leave plenty of room between you and the car in front of you as the bugs could be on the road and make it slippery".

Dude is also fascinated with calling out to "our friends an neighbors in Oxford, or Novi, or Wyandotte. And, then there is the infamous Four Zone forecast.

Dude needs to realize that the average viewer is above the age of ten, and has a decent IQ and common sense. Just the Shut The F%#k Up and spend your five minutes detailing the forecast.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:31 am

..."make sure your air conditioner is clear from debris, with the fish flies out from the lake in the east side...make sure that you leave plenty of room between you and the car in front of you as the bugs could be on the road and make it slippery".
I love it! :lol

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:12 pm

It is him, or is it his producer telling him to do that?

Stebo48021

Post by Stebo48021 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:21 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:00 pm
Andrew on 6PM news an hour ago:
Some storms might have very small hail this evening.

NWS bulletin for storm moving toward western and central Livingston County issued minutes ago:

"Tennis ball sized hail and be alert for a possible tornado!"

I will say it appears the most intense portion of this super cell thunderstorm will likely remain along or just west of the Ingham / Livingston line, closer to Webberville.
Having actually chased that storm and got the baseball sized hail in Ovid that helped boost their warning, I dont fault Andrew on that one. I wasn't expected anything of that magnitude either. By the way I am degreed in meteorology from CMU and work down at Metro as a weather observer for 12 years now.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:14 pm

Andrew forecasted mostly sunny skies for this morning on today's 6a newscast.

Instead, I saw mostly cloudy skies and a passing rain shower.

The guy cannot even forecast 3 to 6 hours out semi-accurately!

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:00 pm

It seems there's a wee bit of trouble getting the forecast out even minutes in advance. Is this some kind of anomaly? It seems every day for the past two weeks, it has rained at some point in the day, even for a few minutes. I feel like the weather this summer so far has been extremely unpredictable. Just the other day, as I put away all my materials in Saline, it was a torrential downpour. The site manager came by and even said it was a 20% chance at best. It could be the most gorgeous day known to man, and you could still clouds forming. It waa beautiful in Canton the other day and then I thought a tornado was coming! And that's even before all the humidity lately!

We have a number of experts here on the board. Granted, they're all doctors and constitutional scholars, but does anyone have any explanation why things are so nuts this summer?

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic