Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Marylin Manson

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
sfpcc

Marylin Manson

Post by sfpcc » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:12 am

Has Marylin Manson been cancelled from Detroit radio? The only music stations I listen to are WCSX and WDET, (when they play music.) I'm not the biggest fan of Cancel Culture but in this case yeah I agree.

( I get it an act is an act. Alice Cooper never broke into a morgue and...I can't seem to finish this sentence!)

Mega Hertz

Re: Marylin Manson

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:09 am

You would only ever hear one..MAYBE two...possible Manson songs on the radio anyway. And there's only one station that would play them. Didn't really hear too much before anyway, so I would say he already was "cancelled".

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:10 am

WLLZ plays Sweet Dreams and The Beautiful People regularly.

Haven't heard him on WRIF in a while, but that is probably just a function of normal turnover in song rotations from the library. The two songs I named are the only songs that lame FM radio generally plays.

Edit: WRIF played "Sweet Dreams" shortly after Midnight last night.

Sure would be nice to hear "Dope Show," "Rock is Dead" or "I Don't Like the Drugs" on FM in Detroit once in a while.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:19 pm

The Zone in Toledo still played his music a few months ago. I'm assuming WIOT still does.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic