Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Bernie is back

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
high fidelity

Bernie is back

Post by high fidelity » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:50 pm

While watching WDIV, I noticed that Bernie Smilovitz is back in the studio rather than doing his sports from home.

craig11152

Re: Bernie is back

Post by craig11152 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:45 am

I used to like Bernie and while I don't now dislike him I wouldn't miss him if he retired.
Somebody should tell him everybody has access to TikTok and YouTube now days and his little video haha's aren't very haha anymore.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:17 am

craig11152 wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:45 am
Somebody should tell him everybody has access to TikTok and YouTube now days and his little video haha's aren't very haha anymore.
Sometimes I think he really don't have a lot to do with those. Like someone at the station pulls all that together. And he's seeing it for the first time like 10 minutes before we do.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:21 pm

This guy is laughing all the way to the bank that he still has a gig and can do half of his sportscast in "Oh so stinkin' funny video's not related to sports". Then to have Devin, Kimberly, and whomever is doing the weather all giggling at his "Oh so funny vids". I swear it has to be written into their contracts- must show humor at ALL Bernie jokes or you find will yourself on the 5am newscast or weekends. He must have some dirt on someone high up, his shtick has really grown old/tired.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:37 pm

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:21 pm
This guy is laughing all the way to the bank that he still has a gig and can do half of his sportscast in "Oh so stinkin' funny video's not related to sports". Then to have Devin, Kimberly, and whomever is doing the weather all giggling at his "Oh so funny vids". I swear it has to be written into their contracts- must show humor at ALL Bernie jokes or you find will yourself on the 5am newscast or weekends. He must have some dirt on someone high up, his shtick has really grown old/tired.
They must pump laughing gas into the anchor area at Channel 4. Both Rhonda Walker and Priya Mann are constantly in hysterics over the smallest things.

SoutheastMIViewer

Post by SoutheastMIViewer » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:54 am

I stopped watching WDIV because of Bernie. It feels like we are stuck in the 90s when he reports sports information.

If you don’t have a mask covering your exhaust pipe on the car, you are not trying to stop global warming by preventing the harmful emission particles from spraying out!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic