Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

87.9 Detroit Pirate

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
cckadlec

87.9 Detroit Pirate

Post by cckadlec » Sun May 23, 2021 3:40 pm

Does anybody have information about the location or power of 87.9 in Detroit? I did a bandscan at Belle Isle on Friday and ran into the station coming in as a local on seek. No IDs were heard, but I was dealing with the entire FM band and didn't have all evening to wait around for much, but a variety of music was being played and now and then some dead air right when I actually started listening for any talk between songs. I hadn't really paid attention to that specific frequency (as it's not especially normal for broadcasting) prior to my Belle Isle scan when downtown all day, so I don't know the coverage, but by the time I was at VanDyke and I-94 after the scan, it was a goner, but clear in stereo at Belle Isle.

My information from online indicates it is likely AWR Detroit "AlphaDen Radio," which has a number of accounts online over the span of about the past 4 years, including 106.1 Redford in the past. I reached out on Facebook, but suspect that he doesn't regularly check it and that it may be more beneficial to question the masses instead. (Really, I hate unknown information for my projects and am trying to fill in the blanks of an accurate distance from my listening location and station name, if any).

Any help is appreciated.

[ Radio and weather geeks, beware! Coastal tropo studies, the 3-hr. Seoul AM Radio Listening Guide, 6-hr. 500 Top-of-Hour IDs, and Chinese FM at www.chriskadlec.comTuner: Grundig G8 • Location: Fremont, Mich. ]

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic