Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Pretty boy Grant Hermes

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
PinkPanther69

Re: Pretty boy Grant Hermes

Post by PinkPanther69 » Wed May 26, 2021 5:41 pm

Last edited by PinkPanther69 on Wed May 26, 2021 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PinkPanther69

Post by PinkPanther69 » Wed May 26, 2021 5:43 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 4:54 am
Mike Oxlong wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 6:47 pm
Bryce wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 9:51 pm
who the hell is Grant Hermes? Never heard of him.
Grant is a reporter for Channel 4 news in Detroit. How this thread evolved into a dissertation of Trump and Abrams eludes me.

But since it has, Google "Stacey Abrams taxes". Read a few of the articles that come up. That's how she lost the election. The media won't tell you that the results of your internet search was quite the topic of discussion in Georgia at the time.
These threads always turn political… if you can’t beat em… join em…
The irony of this statement is simply breathtaking.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed May 26, 2021 5:49 pm

PinkPanther69 wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 5:43 pm
Rate This wrote:
Mike Oxlong wrote:
Bryce wrote:
Grant is a reporter for Channel 4 news in Detroit. How this thread evolved into a dissertation of Trump and Abrams eludes me.

But since it has, Google "Stacey Abrams taxes". Read a few of the articles that come up. That's how she lost the election. The media won't tell you that the results of your internet search was quite the topic of discussion in Georgia at the time.
Do tell. I always respond to one of you guys getting political with something but never start it.

PinkPanther69

Post by PinkPanther69 » Wed May 26, 2021 5:58 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 5:49 pm
PinkPanther69 wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 5:43 pm
Rate This wrote:
Mike Oxlong wrote:
Bryce wrote:

Do tell. I always respond to one of you guys getting political with something but never start it.
I meant from Grant Hermes being unfairly biased/political to you complaining the threads turn political. Too much!

BirdieKingBobo

Post by BirdieKingBobo » Wed May 26, 2021 7:34 pm

You all need some help. Until you realize that all parties are responsible for the mess this country is in; then we can't start the recovery. Limit terms on Congress, repeal Buckley vs. Valeo. And get rid of BS factories like Fox News, CNN, Breithport, OANN, and the rest of the one sided news stations that make up news. Only report truths. Stop televising opinions. If you want to share opinions, start a blog or Podcast... therefore no one has to listen to the BS.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed May 26, 2021 8:48 pm

Priya annoys me more than Grant on Loco 4's weekend morning newscasts.

So sick of her gigging and acting amused at everything her co-anchor says. If I had a dime for every time she says "I know, right?," I would've been able to retire by now.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed May 26, 2021 11:12 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 8:48 pm
Priya annoys me more than Grant on Loco 4's weekend morning newscasts.

So sick of her gigging and acting amused at everything her co-anchor says. If I had a dime for every time she says "I know, right?," I would've been able to retire by now.
+1

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu May 27, 2021 12:16 am

Stacy Abrams is a true American Patriot. She’s almost single handedly been the number one driving force in her state and across the nation making sure Americans are registered to vote, know their rights, and are mightily aware of every voter suppression tactic being authored and pushed by the Republican Party so that they might be able to win some elections. Because unless they make it impossible or very difficult for non-white persons to cast their ballots republicans can’t win.

BTW - I’m sure Abrams views any sketchy story about her on the cover of The National Review a kick ass victory. That rag is bird cage carpet.

Scooter

Post by Scooter » Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:12 pm

PinkPanther69 wrote:I'm so sick of the far-left liberal reporters interjecting their stupid adjectives for conservative Republicans.

For example, this evening Grant Hermes referred to Steven Crowder has a "right-wing antagonizer" rather than simply calling him a "political commentator, media host and comedian."

Same thing with his description of Tudor Dixon, labeling her as from "far-right wing media channels" rather than simply "media pundit."

Grant Hermes would NEVER in a million years refer to Rachel Maddow as "far-left wing antagonizer" or from "far-left media."

This is the same dude that was acting as the "Truth Police" telling us what to believe is true or false.
It's the equivalent of having Chuck Schumer and Andrea Mitchell spoon feeding us their biased version of "truth."

Similar to when they interject "falsely" claims" or "without evidence" when reporting on people they politically disagree with. Not a single time was there a Joe Biden story with the words "falsely claims" or "without evidence."

For example, The Washington Post ended its presidential fact-check database just 100 days into President Joe Biden’s administration.
Now Grant is in the anti Tudor Dixon attack ads. How can a news anchor be objective when advertising for Democrats?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

SolidGoldDancers

Post by SolidGoldDancers » Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:44 pm

Scooter wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:12 pm
Now Grant is in the anti Tudor Dixon attack ads. How can a news anchor be objective when advertising for Democrats?
As of right now, there is nothing stopping political ads from using news footage. So it is likely neither this person nor the station had any say in its use.

https://www.rtdna.org/article/can_they_ ... ws_footage

Editorcj

Post by Editorcj » Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:27 pm

Yes, Grant is very pretty.

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:37 pm

SolidGoldDancers wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:44 pm
.... As of right now, there is nothing stopping political ads from using news footage. So it is likely neither this person nor the station had any say in its use ...
I'm thinking Local 4 does not mind one bit.
Free publicity for their newscasts airing on other stations. Such a deal.

dial-it-in

Post by dial-it-in » Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:07 pm

When opinions and slanted coverage make their way into the news it really shouldnt surprise anyone. Polls consistently show that a majority of young people entering the profession did so to "make a difference". Translation: push what they consider the correct view and disparage what they do not.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:32 pm

Well, we wanted unfettered capitalism and now something like 4 companies own all media outlets and there are now outlets starting up that tell you the sky is green and fire is cold. Something about being careful what you wish for...

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:05 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:32 pm
Well, we wanted unfettered capitalism and now something like 4 companies own all media outlets and there are now outlets starting up that tell you the sky is green and fire is cold. Something about being careful what you wish for...
The law of unintended consequences also known as “maybe these people who prevented this with regulations before were onto something”… but I digress…

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic