Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Audacy Centralizing

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 15225

Audacy Centralizing

Post by Deleted User 15225 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:04 pm

http://www.insideradio.com/free/exclusi ... a54b8.html

Home
Classified Ads
People Moves
Resources
Deal Digest
Subscribe
Advertise
Contact Us
Podcast News Daily
Search...
Toggle navigation
site-logo
FEATURED
Exclusive: Audacy Implements Regional CHR Programming Structure.
Jul 15, 2021 Updated 1 hr ago
audacy-375 (best)
Facebook
Twitter
Linkedin
SMS
Email
Save
Audacy is implementing a regionalized CHR programming leadership model under the direction of Format Captain Brian Kelly, who serves as the company’s VP/Programming based at “Kiss 103.7” WXSS Milwaukee. Kelly will be supported by a team of Regional VPs of Programming and Regional Brand Managers.

Similar to what it has done with the company’s alternative and country radio stations, Audacy will also roll-out two shows nationally. The centralized approach includes “B96” WBBM Chicago afternoon personality Julia Lepidi being placed in middays across 15 of the company’s stations and “97.1 Now” KNOU Los Angeles afternoon host Josh “Bru” Brubecker covering the daypart on seven additional signals and added to nights on seven more.

“We are fortunate to have two rising stars, Julia and Bru,” Executive VP of Programming Jeff Sottolano tells Inside Radio. “We believe each of them has the ability to connect with the current and next generation of Top 40 listeners.”

Lepidi is a Detroit native who started with the company as a part-timer in the Promotions department. She first joined “B96” for nights in January 2019, after hosting mornings at the company’s former “Amp Radio 98.7” WDZH Detroit.

She will now be heard 10am-3pm local time on WKSE Buffalo; WKXJ Chattanooga; WFBC Greenville, SC; KLUC Las Vegas; KNOU Los Angeles; WPOW Miami; WXSS Milwaukee; WEZB New Orleans; WNVZ Norfolk; WTDY Philadelphia; KALV Phoenix; WRVQ Richmond; WPXY Rochester; and KUDL Sacramento.

Brubecker is the self-proclaimed CEO of Radio Tik Tok, with more than 3.3 million followers. “Bru” regularly weaves content from the platform into his Los Angeles drive time program, which he has been hosting since March.

He will be heard 3-7pm local time on WKSE Buffalo; WKXJ Chattanooga; WFBC Greenville, SC; KLUC Las Vegas; KNOU Los Angeles; WXSS Milwaukee; WNVZ Norfolk; and WRVQ Richmond.

He will also handle evenings (7-11pm) at WBBM Chicago; WPOW Miami; WEZB New Orleans; WTDY Philadelphia; KALV Phoenix; WPXY Rochester; and KUDL Sacramento.

New programming features include “Julia’s Lifehack of the Day” and her “Dirty in 30” segment, while “Bru” will host the weekly “TikTok12” countdown show.

All changes go into effect Monday, July 19.

Imagining And Production Centralization Too

In addition to on-air changes, Audacy is also creating a new national imaging and creative production team, “which is going to elevate our sound execution for imaging, production and contesting across our Top 40 footprint,” Sottolano explains. The common thread amongst the changes Sottolano says is to “identify some of our best creators in various areas of expertise and give them the opportunity to do more to improve our creative output.”

Kelly will lead five Regional Vice Presidents of Programming – DJ Buck (WZMX Hartford), Jammer (WEZB New Orleans), Nathan Graham (WTDY Philadelphia), Sue O’Neil (WKSE Buffalo) and Todd Cavanah (WBBM Chicago).

The Regional VPs will be supported by Regional Brand Managers Erik Bradley (WBBM Chicago), Michael “Big Mic” Buhrman (KSFM Sacramento), Mike Danger (WPXY Rochester), Mike “OD” O’Donnell (WKRZ Wilkes Barre-Scranton) and Molly Cruz (WXSS Milwaukee).

“We believe, as we did with alternative and country, that we are blessed to have some of the very best programmers and curators in America in our portfolio,” Sottolono says. The new structure will allow the programmers to “work more cohesively as a unit.”

Audacy will continue to deploy research, airplay and streaming data to program music in each of the individual markets and has no plans to change mornings at its roster of pop-formatted stations. “We remain committed to all of our Top 40 markets where we have local talent,” Sottolano notes. “We have some high-performers in that space.”

The timing of the changes coincide with what Audacy believes is a “once-in-a-generation moment (in the Top 40 format) … to serve the next generation of listeners as the country rebounds from the pandemic.”

Facebook
Twitter
Linkedin
SMS
Email
Save
advertisement
advertisement
advertisement
advertisement
Search...
Sections
Features
People Moves
Ratings
StationIntel
Station Search
This site Is For Business Use Only.
Services
About Us
Advertise
Art Specifications
Contact Us
Help
Place A Job Opening
Pressroom
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy

Insideradio.com
PO Box 742263
Atlanta, GA 30374
Phone: 800-248-4242
Email: contact@insideradio.com
Follow Us

© Copyright 2021 Insideradio.com, PO Box 742263 Atlanta, GA | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy