Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Lynne Woodison

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
blizzard

Lynne Woodison

Post by blizzard » Thu May 13, 2021 5:24 pm

Kidcat

Re: Lynne Woodison

Post by Kidcat » Thu May 13, 2021 6:11 pm

Did she not accuse long time air partner Jim Johnson of sexual.harassement.I think this killed her career.I believe she was involved in union activites when she did afternoons at W4 in the early 80S but I could be wrong about that.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Thu May 13, 2021 8:02 pm

Oddly enough, Lynne Woodison is the female voice heard on WJR, on the intros/open&close liners for some of the junk weekend shows. "Theeeee Car Show" and "MSU Today" are two of them, at least. It was never clear to me what exactly brought her into the Fisher Building to cut those liners. Perhaps she worked there briefly, and I was not aware.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

ProducerXM

Post by ProducerXM » Thu May 13, 2021 9:48 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 8:02 pm
Oddly enough, Lynne Woodison is the female voice heard on WJR, on the intros/open&close liners for some of the junk weekend shows. "Theeeee Car Show" and "MSU Today" are two of them, at least. It was never clear to me what exactly brought her into the Fisher Building to cut those liners. Perhaps she worked there briefly, and I was not aware.
I would love to know what career Colonel Flagg has had, if any at all, in Detroit or anywhere else for that matter.

IIN4MU

Post by IIN4MU » Fri May 14, 2021 9:48 am

I know quite a few radio people from Lynne's heyday who will tell you she doesn't have much use for the male gender.

SolidGoldDancers

Post by SolidGoldDancers » Fri May 14, 2021 12:21 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
What brought her into the Fisher Building is a paycheck. And why they are paying her is likely her voice.

Sometimes, it is just as simple as that.

Kidcat

Post by Kidcat » Fri May 14, 2021 12:33 pm

I remember her and JJ.filling in for Dick Purtan when he was on vacation at WOMC.This lead to JJ gettong a full time shift.If Lynn had played her cards right she could havebeen there with JJ. I believe her lawsuit against WCSX went nowhere.She is known as a trouble maker and malcontent.No wonder she hasn't worked full time in radio in over a decade.What employer would hire her..

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Fri May 14, 2021 12:38 pm

SolidGoldDancers wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 12:21 pm
Colonel Flagg wrote:
What brought her into the Fisher Building is a paycheck. And why they are paying her is likely her voice.

Sometimes, it is just as simple as that.
The voice work I mentioned has to be from close to 20 years ago, long before anyone ever imagined that Cumulus would own WJR. I never saw Lynne Woodison there during my brief tenure, and I don't recall ever hearing that she was employed by WJR at any time. That's why I asked the question. My cheap shot was at all of the paid programs on WJR, not at Lynne Woodison herself. Tough room... Peace Out!

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat May 15, 2021 7:10 am

I'll gladly say something negative about Lynne - I thought she was awful in mornings at WCSX. Sounded like someone who should be on NPR as opposed to a classic rock station.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Sat May 15, 2021 3:51 pm

I've seen her name in the credits on Under the Radar Michigan when they do the funding sponsors at the beginning and end of the show. She voices those parts of the show.

jsf

Post by jsf » Sat May 15, 2021 5:02 pm

I see her name at the end of URM but have never heard her. I think she used to work with Tom Daldon at CSX.

thekman

Post by thekman » Sat May 15, 2021 9:45 pm

I could be wrong, but I think Lynne worked one whole day on Drew and Zip (before it became Drew and Mike Show) at WRIF. Drew was reminiscing one day on his podcast about whomever it was, and how that person did not care at all for being on the show. Of course, Drew had some very humorous musings about about the one day working with her. I’m pretty sure it was Lynne he referenced, but I’m just not certain if my memory is accurate. Trudi Daniels was then brought in as the replacement news chick.

Also, got to say, love Under The Radar Michigan! And yes, Lynne does the sponsor voiceover work at the beginning and end of every episode.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic