Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Hey, 96.3 WDVD - your audio sounds like horse shit - FIX IT!!!

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
SolidGoldDancers

Re: Hey, 96.3 WDVD - your audio sounds like horse shit - FIX IT!!!

Post by SolidGoldDancers » Mon May 03, 2021 8:38 am

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 10:23 am
Ed was CE at WJR, but Hal Buttermore was CE at 96.3.
Ann Delisi did a shout-out to Hal on her show this past weekend.

In his day, Hal always had the station sounding great. Word among other engineers is that he had some wicked matrix processing going on, of which I do not know make, model or details. At the height of Detroit's stupid loudness wars, he had WCZY spending bank to make incremental improvements, and all WDTX/WDFX could do is crank up the composite clipper, as if to say "see, we're loudest".

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Mon May 03, 2021 11:39 am

IIRC, Ann Delisi had the last 'music program' on WJR- it was on Sunday nights and it was titled something like "behind the music" - like Bob Dylan's XM Theme Time Radio, it had a topic, like songs about "whilstling" - I enjoyed her WJR show quite a bit, and it was when WJR still had their superior stereo sound.

SolidGoldDancers

Post by SolidGoldDancers » Mon May 03, 2021 3:49 pm

WOHO wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 11:39 am
IIRC, Ann Delisi had the last 'music program' on WJR- it was on Sunday nights and it was titled something like "behind the music" - like Bob Dylan's XM Theme Time Radio, it had a topic, like songs about "whilstling" - I enjoyed her WJR show quite a bit, and it was when WJR still had their superior stereo sound.

Her shows and Jay Butler's are pretty much the only shows I try to catch on terrestrial radio.

RayQix

Post by RayQix » Sat May 22, 2021 9:16 am

WDVD’s audio is still horrid….. too much bass for how my stereo in the vehicle is set.

Their RDS info is usually useless or stuck on something other than what the song really is, which is okay except that it’s part of modern radio.

Most of the time I’m not watching it while driving but what’s the point of having it if it’s not correct?

Maybe something did die In a rack somewhere…. But….. who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

armchair pd

Post by armchair pd » Sat May 22, 2021 11:36 am

Sounds fine to me.
Agree about the RDS both cumulus stations are useless when it comes to that.

Wanna hear actual horrid audio try 93.9 or any station Tim Roberts programs.
Talk about muffled muddy garbage.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic