Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WPON - how do they make money?

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
n8fnr

WPON - how do they make money?

Post by n8fnr » Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:00 pm

Have been listening to WPON when I am driving around and find they play a good mix of music. Have heard songs on there that the other oldies stations do not play.

The only ads I have heard on there is them selling airtime for people that want their own shows. Since they don't seem to sell a lot airtime how do they make money?

Zack S

Gertner

Re: WPON - how do they make money?

Post by Gertner » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:00 pm

I wonder about the same thing with WDFN towards the end. All their ads were from the Ad Council.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: WPON - how do they make money?

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:02 am

WDFN as a sports station sold no ads locally; the station was bundled with other Fox Sports Radio affiliates around the country by Premiere (a iHM subsidiary) to sell ads nationally across the network. WDFN also made a little bit of income from brokering air time to bible thumpers, self-proclaimed financial gurus, etc.

WPON and its sister, WCXI, are probably barely breaking even or losing money.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic