Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Steve Kostan

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Kidcat

Steve Kostan

Post by Kidcat » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:44 am

Is he still.with WOMC.Did not hear him last night and he is not on their website.

IIN4MU

Re: Steve Kostan

Post by IIN4MU » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:21 pm

FWIW, there is nothing to indicate any differently on his Facebook page. Last night, he was on Detroit Public Television and was identified as being with WOMC.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:40 pm

Looks like he's gone. No mention of him on the station web page. Beau's shift now runs to 8PM.

Entercom is a piece of shit company. David Field is running it straight into the ground.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:38 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:40 pm
Looks like he's gone. No mention of him on the station web page. Beau's shift now runs to 8PM.

Entercom is a piece of shit company. David Field is running it straight into the ground.
WOMC has been almost entirely dismantled at this point.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:19 pm

Any bets as to what they fuck up next?

"Soft Rock 99.5...here's Judas Priest!"

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

thatonedude

Post by thatonedude » Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:43 am

God, I hope Wheels grabs him for nights. Casey doesn't sound good on air at ALL.

WOMC really fucked up here letting Kostan walk. He sounded really good over there.

take this job and shove it

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:06 am

I'd like to see WCSX rehire him and dump Dahmer.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:21 am

thatonedude wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:43 am
God, I hope Wheels grabs him for nights. Casey doesn't sound good on air at ALL.

WOMC really fucked up here letting Kostan walk. He sounded really good over there.
I'm not so sure him and Podell would get along very well after what happened at WRIF when Podel got there.

-TurkeyTop

armchair pd

Post by armchair pd » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:19 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:06 am
THIS!
Love him doing classic rock, thought he sounded out of place on WOMC.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:55 am

Here's another problem with that:

Steve KNOWS the music. The guy had some great breaks about the artist, the song, some kind of background about it. He's exactly what you would want from a jock. However, that doesn't seem to be the order of the day anymore. Plug your contest, tell some dumb "news" story and don't say a THING about the music. I don't know if I would want to hear Steve Kostan reduced to yapping about a nationwide giveaway.

-TurkeyTop

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:48 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:55 am

Steve KNOWS the music. The guy had some great breaks about the artist, the song, some kind of background about it. He's exactly what you would want from a jock. However, that doesn't seem to be the order of the day anymore. Plug your contest, tell some dumb "news" story and don't say a THING about the music. I don't know if I would want to hear Steve Kostan reduced to yapping about a nationwide giveaway.
“Good evening friends I’m Steve Kostan... just 10 minutes away another guess the first letter of the obscure name and be entered in a nationwide drawing for $5 and a sombrero...”.

That doesn’t really seem like his cup of tea. He’s a wealth of knowledge and relegating him to that feels like a waste.

How long has he been in radio? Anybody know?

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:48 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:48 am
Mega Hertz wrote:

“Good evening friends I’m Steve Kostan... just 10 minutes away another guess the first letter of the obscure name and be entered in a nationwide drawing for $5 and a sombrero...”.

That doesn’t really seem like his cup of tea. He’s a wealth of knowledge and relegating him to that feels like a waste.

IIRC, he started in 1974 or 75. He was on 3 of the big 4 rock stations back when.

-TurkeyTop

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:38 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:06 am
I agree. He was outstanding on 94.7.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:47 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:48 pm
Rate This wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:

IIRC, he started in 1974 or 75. He was on 3 of the big 4 rock stations back when.
I am 59 in April as of this post, I can remember calling into WABX 99.5FM and requesting a song from Steve "The Kid" Kostan back in the late 70's when he was with 'ABX at that time, so yea he's been around a very long time...

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:58 pm

lidoshuffle wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:47 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:48 pm
Rate This wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:

I am 59 in April as of this post, I can remember calling into WABX 99.5FM and requesting a song from Steve "The Kid" Kostan back in the late 70's when he was with 'ABX at that time, so yea he's been around a very long time...
I have an air-check of him from WRIF in October of 1982 (had to piece together when it was from based on concert spots in it), but a lot of those ABX/W4 folks came over to WRIF between 79 and 81.

-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic