Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Limbaugh Has Died

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Rate This

Re: Limbaugh Has Died

Post by Rate This » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:33 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:59 pm
Rate This wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:52 pm

Such an idea might actually give 16 year olds a reason to pay attention better.
I think that is one of the most imbecilic things you have ever written on this board.
Well... we could exclude old white guys with bad attitudes that think everything newer than dirt is stupid if you like.

Deleted User 15502

Post by Deleted User 15502 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:11 pm

AM talk radio is awful, Sports and politics both. I always found Limbaugh to be a very divisive person. When someone claims to know it all or "this is the only correct way, any other is wrong" I don't even bother with them. Most "Know it all's" are the ones who know about as much as the average person, it's a way of getting attention to make up for lack of true knowledge.

hanson

Post by hanson » Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:16 pm

G G wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:44 am
Gertner wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:23 pm
1. The law says it's not and your religious horseshit means nothing

2. Would you rather us bring a child into the world that neither of us wanted. Because that wouldn't screw up a kids mind or anything.

Another example of Republicans telling others how to live their lives. And I'm guessing if your taxes shot up to pay for all these kids you'd whine and complain about that as well.
How about you live up to your responsibilities and think about someone other than yourself rather than killing off kids that never got a chance at life, you big lib.
You paid for the murder of a child just so you wouldn't be inconvenienced by their survival. If the best decision you ever made was to arrange the death of a baby, then you need to re-evaluate your life. Sick freak.

Gertner

Post by Gertner » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:22 pm

Lol. We fixed a problem.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:39 pm

Larry Elder

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:15 am

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:39 pm
Larry Elder
That Uncle Tom?

SolidGoldDancers

Post by SolidGoldDancers » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:38 am

Rate This wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:56 pm
Bobbert wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:51 pm
SixPlusOne wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:13 pm
Bobbert wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:10 pm
I'd vote for Mark Steyn or Laura Ingraham, who hasn't done a regular daily radio show for awhile.
My choice is to move Mark Levin to noon. Laura gave up her radio show to focus her full attention on her TV show. I doubt if Mark Steyn would do that job full time. Rush came across the air in a strong fashion to make his points. The only other one like that is Mark Levin so that is my reason for picking him.
Levin is smart and has a strong personality, but I have a hard time listening to him because of that grating voice and his constant name-calling.

An interesting candidate would be Trump's last press secretary, Kayleigh McEnany. She was sharp and quick and knew how to rip through the hostility of the news media. She has taken a job with Fox News but she wouldn't be the first person to work both radio and Fox News.
She couldn’t hold an audience I don’t think.
She can't hold a thought.

The person who would be a perfect replacement for Rush is currently sitting in Ft. Lauderdale, FL with a lot of time on his hands, and a lot of axes to grind.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:32 am

SolidGoldDancers wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:38 am
Rate This wrote:
Bobbert wrote:
SixPlusOne wrote:
Bobbert wrote:
I'd vote for Mark Steyn or Laura Ingraham, who hasn't done a regular daily radio show for awhile.
My choice is to move Mark Levin to noon. Laura gave up her radio show to focus her full attention on her TV show. I doubt if Mark Steyn would do that job full time. Rush came across the air in a strong fashion to make his points. The only other one like that is Mark Levin so that is my reason for picking him.
Levin is smart and has a strong personality, but I have a hard time listening to him because of that grating voice and his constant name-calling.

An interesting candidate would be Trump's last press secretary, Kayleigh McEnany. She was sharp and quick and knew how to rip through the hostility of the news media. She has taken a job with Fox News but she wouldn't be the first person to work both radio and Fox News.

The person who would be a perfect replacement for Rush is currently sitting in Ft. Lauderdale, FL with a lot of time on his hands, and a lot of axes to grind.
So you’re saying lack of skill won’t matter they’ll just eat it up?

SolidGoldDancers

Post by SolidGoldDancers » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:32 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:32 am

So you’re saying lack of skill won’t matter they’ll just eat it up?
I don't think for a moment that Trump isn't skilled enough to pull off a radio show. He's a showman with no problem being in the spotlight with a microphone in front of his face. I believe he'd be the ultra-conservative equivalent of Howard Stern.

A couple problems with that of course; first he's mulling whether or not he's going to make a run in 2024. Second, he's not a long term solution because he's old. But he would solve an immediate need..

As to your question, radio has slowly distanced itself from talent for the last two decades. It just matters less now.

RayQix

Post by RayQix » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:22 pm

SolidGoldDancers wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Bobbert wrote:
SixPlusOne wrote:
Bobbert wrote:

Who’s got what axe where?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GREATLAKESVET

Post by GREATLAKESVET » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:19 pm

Didn't applaud his death nor shed a single tear for him. Didn't listen to him, didn't care what he had to say and not mourning over him now. I just didn't like the man and never will.

Great Lakes Vet

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:51 pm

https://www.outkick.com/dan-bongino-radio-rush/

Dan Bongino has agreed to terms with Westwood One to begin a new live three-hour radio show from 12-3 p.m. ET, sources tell OutKick. The deal is not signed but is expected to get done barring last-minute differences

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 15506

Post by Deleted User 15506 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:03 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:51 pm

Dan Bongino has agreed to terms with Westwood One to begin a new live three-hour radio show from 12-3 p.m. ET, sources tell OutKick. The deal is not signed but is expected to get done barring last-minute differences
That would be an excellent choice for WJR. Bongino is a great replacement. I was listening to the Bongino podcast today, and there’s a big announcement tomorrow.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:57 pm

Skip wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:03 pm
Bryce wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:51 pm

That would be an excellent choice for WJR. Bongino is a great replacement. I was listening to the Bongino podcast today, and there’s a big announcement tomorrow.
That’s like replacing Tom Brady with some mid level no name quarterback and declaring “Super Bowls forever”. Bongino can’t hold a candle to any of the big talk guys.

Deleted User 15506

Post by Deleted User 15506 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:35 pm

Your opinion is meaningless to Westwood One. They are in talks with Bongino they don’t care what “Rate This” thinks, if weather or not Bongino can be compared to Rush. Read the article and get educated. Bongino has the second most popular conservative podcast currently. 30 years ago Rush was a nobody and couldn’t hold a candle to the big talkers back then either, but he became popular through the years.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic