Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Limbaugh Has Died

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Gertner

Re: Limbaugh Has Died

Post by Gertner » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:06 pm

Yeah, fuck science and stuff.

This is why you should be screened for stupidity before you're allowed to vote.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:38 pm

Gertner wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:06 pm

Great comeback, ironic how you "Liberals" accept "the Science" from Whitmer yet don't accept the science when it comes to genders, there's only TWO genders, not five or six as you Libs would have it...I waited for stupid replies and I was not disappointed.....

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:03 pm

lidoshuffle wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:38 pm
Gertner wrote:

Great comeback, ironic how you "Liberals" accept "the Science" from Whitmer yet don't accept the science when it comes to genders, there's only TWO genders, not five or six as you Libs would have it...I waited for stupid replies and I was not disappointed.....
Shades of grey... that must have gotten lost in the shuffle somewhere...

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:10 pm

SixPlusOne wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:54 am
paul8539 wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:59 pm
So, which conservative talk show host is going to take over for him?
Courtesy: NewsMax

Rush's Producer to Newsmax TV: Show Will Get New Host

https://www.newsmax.com/newsmax-tv/bosn ... d/1012031/
They are in a strange situation. I've avoided listening to the show, because I don't want to attend a continuous wake. But the thought of him completely disappearing is hard to accept for his fans. They have to figure out a way to keep the brand alive, but with a strong personality who's not intimidated by his legacy. I'd vote for Mark Steyn or Laura Ingraham, who hasn't done a regular daily radio show for awhile.

Gertner

Post by Gertner » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:52 pm

lidoshuffle wrote:
Gertner wrote:

Science says there's more.

Again, I know Grade 8 was difficult but Science is your friend, not your enemy.

ProducerXM

Post by ProducerXM » Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:44 pm

Gertner wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:52 pm
lidoshuffle wrote:
Gertner wrote:

Science says there's more.

Again, I know Grade 8 was difficult but Science is your friend, not your enemy.
Science does NOT say any such thing. Liberal progressives say that. Full stop.
Being cruel to people who identify as something different than how they were born is pure abhorrence and completely disgusting, however, that does not mean that there is any scientific evidence whatsoever showing the multitude of sexes that progressives claim. Hermaphroditism is the only exception and individuals with both sexes are less than .02-.05% of the actual population. That’s the science. That’s the data.

SixPlusOne

Post by SixPlusOne » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:13 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:10 pm
I'd vote for Mark Steyn or Laura Ingraham, who hasn't done a regular daily radio show for awhile.
My choice is to move Mark Levin to noon. Laura gave up her radio show to focus her full attention on her TV show. I doubt if Mark Steyn would do that job full time. Rush came across the air in a strong fashion to make his points. The only other one like that is Mark Levin so that is my reason for picking him.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:35 pm

SixPlusOne wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:13 pm
Bobbert wrote:
I'd vote for Mark Steyn or Laura Ingraham, who hasn't done a regular daily radio show for awhile.
My choice is to move Mark Levin to noon. Laura gave up her radio show to focus her full attention on her TV show. I doubt if Mark Steyn would do that job full time. Rush came across the air in a strong fashion to make his points. The only other one like that is Mark Levin so that is my reason for picking him.
His screaming style will turn off a sizable number of folks who use it as background noise or who aren’t 100% true believers. Hannity is probably the most logical replacement. He’s already the #2 host in the country.

SixPlusOne

Post by SixPlusOne » Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:02 am

Rate This wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:35 pm
SixPlusOne wrote:
His screaming style will turn off a sizable number of folks who use it as background noise or who aren’t 100% true believers. Hannity is probably the most logical replacement. He’s already the #2 host in the country.
Initially I thought of Hannity however he is significantly repetitious asking everyone of his guests the same questions and then interrupting them before they can get four words out especially on his TV show.

DAC

Post by DAC » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:43 am

Gertner wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:17 pm
lidoshuffle wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:22 am
non-anon bob wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:49 pm
Gertner wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:06 am
An evil person who spent his entire adult life convincing his listeners to hate and fear anyone who looked or thought differently than they did is now unable to spew his hate speech. If he would’ve stopped on his own, that would’ve been great. But he didn’t and kept his fear mongering rhetoric going on his death bed.

My opinion on Rush when he was alive was the same as it is in death. The world would be a better place if Rush Limbaugh wasn’t in it. And now he’s not. Good.

I had a good laugh about it.
Amen, Gertner! Glad that the self-righteous racist and sexist is gone, unable to poison the minds of his listeners anymore. :lol
You mean political views and beliefs that you don't agree with, there, fixed it for you....
Mocking people who died of Aids is not a political belief. It just makes you an asshole. What is it with you Republicans? I know grade 8 was hard for 75% of you, but can you at least read? Zero to do whether he's a Republican. Everything to do with how awful of a human being he was.
I knew when I saw this thread that someone would take the role of being the Thought Police. The type of person who is so convinced that they are right about everything that they are completely incredulous that anyone else could possibly think otherwise. A person who believes that those who think differently must be an idiot or a racist or a sexist. Someone who will claim to be a person of intelligence, tolerance, and virtue, stressing that people of dissent are way below their own intelligence level. Someone who is completely against hate, unless they perceive that someone else hates first, then it's alright to spew hatred with vigor and without shame (generally behind the safety of a online alias and a keyboard). Gertner, you are that person. Congratulations. What do you really know about Limbaugh? Just things you've read, written by people who think the same way you do? I doubt you actually know much about him. This being a broadcasting forum, the fact that he was an enormous influence on the medium cannot be denied.

I wonder about the Thought Police. Are they racists, sexists, and xenophobes in their heads rather than in their actions? I mean, police is police, right?

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:51 pm

SixPlusOne wrote:
Bobbert wrote:
Levin is smart and has a strong personality, but I have a hard time listening to him because of that grating voice and his constant name-calling.

An interesting candidate would be Trump's last press secretary, Kayleigh McEnany. She was sharp and quick and knew how to rip through the hostility of the news media. She has taken a job with Fox News but she wouldn't be the first person to work both radio and Fox News.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:56 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:51 pm
SixPlusOne wrote:
Bobbert wrote:
Levin is smart and has a strong personality, but I have a hard time listening to him because of that grating voice and his constant name-calling.

An interesting candidate would be Trump's last press secretary, Kayleigh McEnany. She was sharp and quick and knew how to rip through the hostility of the news media. She has taken a job with Fox News but she wouldn't be the first person to work both radio and Fox News.
She couldn’t hold an audience I don’t think.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:47 pm

Gertner wrote:

But Democrats are all in favor of stupid people voting...
Majority of House Democrats vote in favor of lowering voting age to 16

Progressive Democrats in the House of Representatives unsuccessfully pushed an amendment lowering the federal voting age to 16 as part of the H.R. 1 voting rights package on Wednesday.

The vote was 125-302 in the House with the majority of Democrats voting in favor, 125-93, according to C-SPAN.

Not to mention them being all in favor of people not bright enough to have or need identification being able to vote.

I've listened to the Limbaugh program for a few day's since his passing. I like the temporary guest host (I believe it was Todd Herman) and the way he and the producers select past Limbaugh segments that speak to what is going on at the moment. Sort of like a best of but topically current.

It works well for the moment. And may work well occasionally into the future, but eventually there will have to be someone take over the franchise so to speak.

Me? I'd give Dan Bonginio a shot at it.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:52 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:47 pm
Gertner wrote:

But Democrats are all in favor of stupid people voting...
Majority of House Democrats vote in favor of lowering voting age to 16

Progressive Democrats in the House of Representatives unsuccessfully pushed an amendment lowering the federal voting age to 16 as part of the H.R. 1 voting rights package on Wednesday.

The vote was 125-302 in the House with the majority of Democrats voting in favor, 125-93, according to C-SPAN.

Not to mention them being all in favor of people not bright enough to have or need identification being able to vote.

I've listened to the Limbaugh program for a few day's since his passing. I like the temporary guest host (I believe it was Todd Herman) and the way he and the producers select past Limbaugh segments that speak to what is going on at the moment. Sort of like a best of but topically current.

It works well for the moment. And may work well occasionally into the future, but eventually there will have to be someone take over the franchise so to speak.

Me? I'd give Dan Bonginio a shot at it.
Such an idea might actually give 16 year olds a reason to pay attention better. They can already kill someone with a car after all.

As for Bongino.. he’s absolutely useless. Hannity or bust.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:59 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:52 pm

Such an idea might actually give 16 year olds a reason to pay attention better.
I think that is one of the most imbecilic things you have ever written on this board.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic