Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 25 at 5:30p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Loco 4 Kissing up to Stafford’s

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Bryce

Re: Loco 4 Kissing up to Stafford’s

Post by Bryce » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:28 am

Rate This wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:08 am
Bryce wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:40 am
I would say they should be kissed...
Outgoing Detroit Lions Quarterback Matthew Stafford and his wife Kelly have pledged $1 million to SAY Detroit to support construction of a new education center on its campus on Detroit's east side.

The gift follows a seven-figure commitment from the couple to SAY Detroit in 2015 to build Stafford Field, a professional-grade football field, and to help fund and support the facility's academic enrichment center at the SAY Play Center campus on Detroit's east side.
https://www.crainsdetroit.com/philanthr ... ion-center

Who does the when they're LEAVING town. Class people in my book!
They also have a million dollars to blow hundreds of times over...
Do you really have to piss in every glass of apple juice you see?
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

jsf

Post by jsf » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:20 am

[/quote]
[/quote]

You sound very bitter to me, I thought their leaving a parting gift was nice.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:57 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:28 am
Rate This wrote:
Bryce wrote:
Outgoing Detroit Lions Quarterback Matthew Stafford and his wife Kelly have pledged $1 million to SAY Detroit to support construction of a new education center on its campus on Detroit's east side.

The gift follows a seven-figure commitment from the couple to SAY Detroit in 2015 to build Stafford Field, a professional-grade football field, and to help fund and support the facility's academic enrichment center at the SAY Play Center campus on Detroit's east side.

Not at all... I’m just merely pointing that out. They can look good on their way out the door, get the reaction you gave, feel no pain and leave. Now if they come BACK and do more at some point that’ll say a whole lot more.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:58 pm

jsf wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:20 am

You sound very bitter to me, I thought their leaving a parting gift was nice.
I never said it wasn’t.

ProducerXM

Post by ProducerXM » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:26 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:57 pm
Bryce wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Bryce wrote:

Not at all... I’m just merely pointing that out. They can look good on their way out the door, get the reaction you gave, feel no pain and leave. Now if they come BACK and do more at some point that’ll say a whole lot more.
While Matthew Stafford was quarterback for the Lions, he gave MILLIONS to charities across the city of Detroit. Not because he had to, but because he WANTED TO. You wouldn’t know this beacuse you’re just another jealous douche, but everyone who is ANYONE in this community knows what he did. And he NEVER advertised it. He was quiet about it. Because that’s what you’re supposed to do. His legacy, in that regard, will be difficult to live up to for anyone. So take your self righteous, smug attitude and shove it where the sun don’t shine, sweetheart.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:42 pm

ProducerXM wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:26 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:57 pm
Bryce wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Bryce wrote:

While Matthew Stafford was quarterback for the Lions, he gave MILLIONS to charities across the city of Detroit. Not because he had to, but because he WANTED TO. You wouldn’t know this beacuse you’re just another jealous douche, but everyone who is ANYONE in this community knows what he did. And he NEVER advertised it. He was quiet about it. Because that’s what you’re supposed to do. His legacy, in that regard, will be difficult to live up to for anyone. So take your self righteous, smug attitude and shove it where the sun don’t shine, sweetheart.
Fantastic... I’ll go back down the board now. Apparently I’m a jealous douche. The person who has been here for 3 weeks and made 3 posts told me so.

As for that last part. Go fuck yourself.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:01 pm

ProducerXM wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:26 pm
While Matthew Stafford was quarterback for the Lions, he gave MILLIONS to charities across the city of Detroit. Not because he had to, but because he WANTED TO. Everyone who is ANYONE in this community knows what he did. And he NEVER advertised it. He was quiet about it. Because that’s what you’re supposed to do. His legacy, in that regard, will be difficult to live up to for anyone.
I do not know the Stafford's personally, only talked with Kelly once for less than 30 seconds at a Ford Field season ticket holder only concession area.

However, the season ticket holders that took me to that game do (did) have a distant social relationship with the Staffords and have said nearly the exact same thing as above about how they quietly contributed to the area.

That, and that they seem like genuinely good young people that were learning on the job about what it meant to be a pro QB in a sports obsessed city. The Channel 4 piece, while definitely fluff journalism, is accurate.
Wellllll... la de frickin da

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:37 am

Kudos to the Staffords for their philanthropic work & donations in Metro Detroit! I think it's terrific.

There are numerous athletes past & present in this area who are very wealthy who have contributed nowhere nearly as much.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic