Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WRIF Nick Demos "Nick at Nite"

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Makeme

WRIF Nick Demos "Nick at Nite"

Post by Makeme » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:04 am

Hello there!

Nick Demos from WRIF was my uncle I was actually named after him. I know this is sham-less but I was wondering if anyone could share some stories about him or what he was like. He died before I was born and I guess this is just my way of trying to figure out more about the man i'm named after. Since he died at such a young age my family never talked about him...
Last edited by Makeme on Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

lidoshuffle

Re: WRIF Nick Demos

Post by lidoshuffle » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:11 am

Wow, young man I knew Nick personally, met him as I played for the WRIF Softball team in the late 80's/early 90's...he was a heck of a good baller on the diamonds, but also he was a helluva soccer player, as I played some indoor soccer with him back then, we became good friends, I remember his wife, (name escapes me), but she was such a sweetheart. A few times Nick would let me in the old WRIF studios as he did overnights, I helped him out answering the phones as he played the tunes, we partied and hung out many times, he introduced me to a young lady back then, which in turn was a almost five year relationship with that girl. I remember hearing about his passing , it was sudden, he was so young, and at his funeral services his family was inconsolable, it was a very sad affair, but all in all your uncle was a good friend of mine, many many fond memories of Nick Demos from WRIF...

JLesinski

Re: WRIF Nick Demos "Nick at Nite"

Post by JLesinski » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:35 pm

Back in the early 90's I used to call in every now and then. 9 times out of 10 he put my request on the air.
One time, he gave a heavy sigh like he didnt really want to play it... but he did.

Didnt know him but from our brief phone exchanges he seemed like a decent dude.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic