Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Brandon Roux..WTF is his problem?

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
deadend

Brandon Roux..WTF is his problem?

Post by deadend » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:09 pm

What is Brandon Rouxs problem? He’s always pissed off, rude and snotty. He acts like the main anchors are bothering him when they go to him for the weather. He acts like he’s doing them a favor and is pissed off they dared to ask him. He comes off as a real jerk. He’s awful at transitioning from whatever is being spoke about to tie into the weather. As bad as Roberta Jasena.

Still not as bad as that creepy Derek Kevra. That guy is a real sleaze.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Brandon Roux..WTF is his problem?

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:29 pm

I don't get that vibe at all.

He comes off as goofy, overcaffeinated and eccentric.

I've never sensed hostility.

Why do you hate Derek Kevra? I happen to think he is a very good broadcaster and decent forecaster.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:35 pm

I never noticed any of this.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

fanniemae

Post by fanniemae » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:07 pm

I know Brandon has some quirks. However it appears he is struggling with his health. He has diabetes, his son also has it. Not sure what kind. But I know it has played a big part in his life. Brandon also had complicated back surgery a few years ago and had to wear a brace for a long time. His weight has fluctuated quite a bit. I wonder how long he can hang on to his job. When he was good , he was good on air. Again he is struggling from all appearances. I hope his health improves. This could be why WDIV is boasting about having 2 weather people in the morning. I really wish Brandon the best. I am a news junkie and like the morning people and most all broadcast people at WDIV.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:04 pm

I agree with MW's observations.

I never thought his weight was an issue until COVID hit, then I was guessing he was hitting up all the Tasty Tuesday vendors for daily home deliveries. That extra weight sure doesn't help the body's ability to deal with diabetes

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:05 pm

fanniemae wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:07 pm
I know Brandon has some quirks. However it appears he is struggling with his health. He has diabetes, his son also has it.....
About a month ago he was doing the weather from home. The weather map was up. He wasn't on screen. He quit talking mid sentence. About maybe 7 seconds of silence. Then Rhonda Walker comes in with something like "Well, looks like Brandon's having technical difficulties".

They go back to him about 10 minutes later and he's holding what looked to me to be a can of Sprite or 7up. He said he had passed out. Said if his son hadn't of been there and got him a pop, he probably would of checked out. He's saying "My son saved my life".

G G

Post by G G » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:26 am

What is it with WDIV and hiring these jokers? Car is another one. That station is absolutely unwatchable.

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:30 am

They go back to him about 10 minutes later and he's holding what looked to me to be a can of Sprite or 7up. He said he had passed out. Said if his son hadn't of been there and got him a pop, he probably would of checked out. He's saying "My son saved my life".
How horrible!!! He clearly had a hypoglycemia episode. THANK GOD he had family at home at the time.

fanniemae

Post by fanniemae » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:51 am

I am not sure, but thought I had heard Roux is on insulin. I am struggling with Type 2, the acquired kind from eating sweets. Type 1 , which I think is what Roux has , could eventually, and I mean a possibility wear out the pancreas and can be life threatening. I get the feeling that Roux has someone, maybe multiple staffers at WDIV on his side and is well liked. As you can tell, most of this is my gut feeling. If Roux were let go, the back lash over firing someone with serious health issues such as diabetes would not be a good thing at the station. Roux was on a medical leave 2 years ago. I really don't want him to lose his job. The other people at WJBK I like except for the new guy that took over the weekends. I have always rooted for Jill Washburn. The struggling , personable woman trying so hard to stay in the business. Nice personality.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:53 am

fanniemae wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:51 am
I have always rooted for Jill Washburn. The struggling , personable woman trying so hard to stay in the business. Nice personality.
I do like her too, but think when she does the weather she is doing it only to 'stay in the business'. She could probably knock it out of the park, with the only competition being Haley Vogel or some of the senior guys.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:58 pm

My father has type 1 diabetes and every so often, he'll crash. He feels better when he has a drink like pop or candy to eat. That's probably what happened to Brandon. That must be scary for it to happen live on the air. He should have a plan when he's on the air in case it happens again.

jsf

Post by jsf » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:59 pm

radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:58 pm
My father has type 1 diabetes and every so often, he'll crash. He feels better when he has a drink like pop or candy to eat. That's probably what happened to Brandon. That must be scary for it to happen live on the air. He should have a plan when he's on the air in case it happens again.
Type 1 diabetes I think is from childhood , older adults have type 2, still good to have sugar handy in case your glucose drops low.

deadend

Post by deadend » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:46 am

I don’t wish any bad health on the guy. He just seems annoyed and pissed off when he interacts with anyone and is irritated while speaking. Almost sarcasm.

As for Derek Kevra, he’s cringe worthy to watch. He’s very awkward, dorky, uncomfortable, and his facial expressions and movements are very feminine (I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with that. Just that he does it in a very creepy way).

A few years back the wife and I were walking dogs in Heins Park and we saw Derek Kevra and he was riding on some kind of electric scooter thing. He went off to the side of a play area and was hiding behind some trees peeking out at people at the play area. Not sure what he was doing but it was creepy, just like him.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:53 pm

deadend wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:46 am
I don’t wish any bad health on the guy. He just seems annoyed and pissed off when he interacts with anyone and is irritated while speaking. Almost sarcasm.

As for Derek Kevra, he’s cringe worthy to watch. He’s very awkward, dorky, uncomfortable, and his facial expressions and movements are very feminine (I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with that. Just that he does it in a very creepy way).

A few years back the wife and I were walking dogs in Heins Park and we saw Derek Kevra and he was riding on some kind of electric scooter thing. He went off to the side of a play area and was hiding behind some trees peeking out at people at the play area. Not sure what he was doing but it was creepy, just like him.
Did he actually do that at the park? That's very weird.

PinkPanther69

Post by PinkPanther69 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:44 am

What triggers me is when Fox 2 sports anchor Dan Miller begins every single segment with
"Aaaight!"

I mean every single segment, every single day, for the last 20 years I have to hear "Aiiiight!!!"
It's so annoying it makes me flip the channel. I wouldn't get away with doing that OCD stuff in college broadcasting , let alone the Detroit market yet he makes six-figures with "Aiighht!!"

Also, Ingrid Kelley signs off every single news story with a very prolonged "Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuux (long pause)......2 news!"
So damn annoying.

Just sign off "Fox 2 News" like everyone else.

And the Bernie daily "comedy" is such a waste of time on WDIV.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic