Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Classic Country

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
innate-in-you

Re: Classic Country

Post by innate-in-you » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:13 am

Tman wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:22 pm
How many transistors does your radio have ?
Who knows for sure?

The answer may possibly be in the hundreds.

I can hear you thinking that your radio doesn't have any transistors, and that it has integrated circuits.

What's in an integrated circuit?
-Plastic, tiny metal pins, resistors, and transistors - b---loads of transistors, in the form of silicon wafers than can barely be seen in a microscope.

tivoking

Post by tivoking » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:08 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:59 pm
Had a phone call once, asked me if I would participate in a radio ratings system. It would have involved maintaining a record of my radio listening over a period of time. I agreed to and she said she would need to get some information about me. Postal code, gender etc. When she asked my age and I told her, she said they really aren't interested in what I listen to and ended the call.

I'm part of a demographic group that for the most part have leisure time (retired). Most of us are financially independent. Empty-nesters, mortgage paid off etc.

You would think we would be an audience advertisers would like to reach.
I only knew one guy over 55 who spent his money frivolously. Retirees just don't spend their money, other than vacations, golfing, bowling, and on their children or grandchildren.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:02 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:12 am
Turkeytop - you need to quit posting images from a server that has no security certification. Please find a different host or add a security certificate. Thank you.

I'd be happy to oblige but I have no idea how to do that.

If you prefer that I stop posting images let me know.

Sorry about that. :red

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic