Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Frank Beckmann to retire from WJR

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
JGP1954

Re: Frank Beckmann to retire from WJR

Post by JGP1954 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:58 am

Back when Frank started at WJR around 1972, I remember him doing the news breaks during Arthur Godfrey Time.

Trophyhead

Post by Trophyhead » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:52 am

I remember Frank being "in the booth" as a Red Wings game began, when Bruce Martyn was being recognized on the JLA ice, prior to his 1991 trip to Toronto, to receive the Foster Hewitt Award from the Hockey Hall of Fame. It was a matter of the first few minutes of the contest, where Bruce was on his way up, with Frank serving as a fish out of water (or above its frozen form) until the PBP guy resumed his duties.

Is that the "game" he's talking about in his "I did all four 'big' sports in town/citation of Michigan's top sportscaster" statement? I don't expect an answer to this question, feeling the assertion alone is indicative of the level of puffery involved with the departing broadcaster and host.

SteveS

Post by SteveS » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:18 am

RachaelFeig wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:01 am
Realist wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:42 pm
Good bye and good riddance, Frankie. Your know it all, arrogant attitude won’t be missed.

Like you said, don’t let the door hit you in the ass...
There's disagreeing with someone, and then there's being classless. You're the latter.
Looks like you're new here so you'll find that to be very common on this site.

thatonedude

Post by thatonedude » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:40 am

RachaelFeig wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:54 am
SteveS wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:18 am
RachaelFeig wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:01 am
Realist wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:42 pm
Good bye and good riddance, Frankie. Your know it all, arrogant attitude won’t be missed.

Like you said, don’t let the door hit you in the ass...
There's disagreeing with someone, and then there's being classless. You're the latter.
Looks like you're new here so you'll find that to be very common on this site.
Brand new.

Guess I expected more civility.
You'll get used to breaking out the "foe" button soon enough...

I agree with Realist, but I won't be as extreme in my messaging. Then again, 95% of the programming on WJR is nowhere close to being my cup of tea...

take this job and shove it

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic