Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Fault 98.7 cannot even get its music log right...

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
jadednihilist

Re: Fault 98.7 cannot even get its music log right...

Post by jadednihilist » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:02 pm

This is easily the worst executed alternative radio station I've ever heard. Aside from the terrible music selection, there is way too much talk on this station in the afternoon/evenings. The conversation among the hosts seemed forced and like they're stuck in a broken elevator trying to pass time. Alternative is a music format. Supplemental talk about the music is fine, but talk radio just doesn't work for this format.

I'm here for a good, hearty debate, to agree and disagree respectfully, and commiserate on the current state of terrestrial radio.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:51 am

I'm just bummed about the whole thing. Two "alternative" stations in three years don't do it for me. Sissy music, overplayed 90s gold selections, now this one has talk shows on all day...what is the point? A station that has heavy reliance on 90s and 00s gold, like "classic rock" for us late Gen X/early Millennials, actual jocks, not talk shows with 3 thoughts per break, longer music sweeps, and I'm sure a lot of us would be all in. Most of the point of 89x was playing stuff we weren't gonna get anywhere else, and most of the time it was true. Now? I can get the vast majority of the "music" played here on CHR/Hot AC stations.

Guess we'll stick to YouTube and the record collections. At least WRIF is trying to take care of business with the 90s stuff. Kudos to them.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:21 pm

XM radio is great for 90s on XM41 Turbo. They also play new alternative on XM36, Alt Nation. And no, new alternative is not "I Think Therefore I Am".

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

format this

Post by format this » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:08 pm

Question... was the Breeze billing well? If so, I don’t get the reason for the flip. If it ain’t broke...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Note to WGN... bring back Steve Cochran ASAP.

EDIT: Steve Cochran IS BACK AT WGN!!!

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:59 pm

format this wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:08 pm
Question... was the Breeze billing well? If so, I don’t get the reason for the flip. If it ain’t broke...

I don't think it was necessarily a question of billing (which is odd). I think it has more to do with Alt being David Fields' format of choice and Entercom wanting it in as many markets as possible. That's the beauty of these conglomerates. Whether or not your format is wanted, needed, or bills well... It's all about having market clearance. The same crummy shit nationwide. WLLZ is nothing but the Brew format. Nash. Kiss (Mix). All the same. 1.1 share is cool so long as Lazlo is cleared in Detroit.

-TurkeyTop

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:11 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:59 pm
format this wrote:

I don't think it was necessarily a question of billing (which is odd). I think it has more to do with Alt being David Fields' format of choice and Entercom wanting it in as many markets as possible. That's the beauty of these conglomerates. Whether or not your format is wanted, needed, or bills well... It's all about having market clearance. The same crummy shit nationwide. WLLZ is nothing but the Brew format. Nash. Kiss (Mix). All the same. 1.1 share is cool so long as Lazlo is cleared in Detroit.
You know I noticed that they sound voice tracked and not from Detroit. Guess I was right.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:07 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:11 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:59 pm
format this wrote:

You know I noticed that they sound voice tracked and not from Detroit. Guess I was right.
It is my understanding there is not one single solitary personality on the air originating in Detroit. All of these shows are tracked/national. What's the point anymore.

At least they stopped comparing themselves to 89x. The only link to 89x is a couple Green Day songs.

-TurkeyTop

Gertner

Post by Gertner » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:25 pm

I've tuned in a couple of times and asked myself "wtf are they playing?" and switched it off.

This station's playlist is what would happen if I asked my 68 year old mom to program an Alternative station.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:16 pm

Gertner wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:25 pm
I've tuned in a couple of times and asked myself "wtf are they playing?" and switched it off.

This station's playlist is what would happen if I asked my 68 year old mom to program an Alternative station.
True.

Audacity sucks.

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:54 am

Gertner wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:25 pm

No. It would sound a lot better if your mom programmed it. I don’t know a lot of 68 year olds that listen to rap and Billie Eilish in heavy rotation.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic