Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Charlie Langton on the anchor desk - WWJ

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
paul8539

Charlie Langton on the anchor desk - WWJ

Post by paul8539 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:41 pm

The last few days, I have heard Charlie Langton on the anchor desk on WWJ. Who is he subbing for? Is someone on vacation? Someone left? Someone fired? Training?

I like it. I don't have a problem with him there. I think it is a good change I just think that sometimes, he talks a bit too fast. He needs to slow down a bit; if it takes 3 more seconds to say what he needs to say, then take that 3 seconds.

km1125

Re: Charlie Langton on the anchor desk - WWJ

Post by km1125 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:36 pm

He is always there on the weekends

jsf

Post by jsf » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:23 pm

Anything that keeps him off the air on 2 is fine with me.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:36 pm

I have liked Charlie since his days at TV Warren. Yes, he started here as a journalist. He began his time at Fox 2 some time around 2007. I met him doing a story for Fox 2 in February 2008.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:04 am

Jason Scott has moved - at least temporarily - to weekday mornings in view of Tom Jordan leaving the station.

I heard Mike Campbell handling weekday afternoons recently but did not listen yesterday.
I have liked Charlie since his days at TV Warren. Yes, he started here as a journalist. He began his time at Fox 2 some time around 2007. I met him doing a story for Fox 2 in February 2008.
I remember him hosting programs on both TV Warren and the Sterling Heights access channel.

Going back even farther - he hosted a legal advice show on the old Talk Radio 1270 WXYT on weekends before it flipped to Sports!
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:29 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:04 am
Jason Scott has moved - at least temporarily - to weekday mornings in view of Tom Jordan leaving the station.

I heard Mike Campbell handling weekday afternoons recently but did not listen yesterday.
I remember him hosting programs on both TV Warren and the Sterling Heights access channel.

Going back even farther - he hosted a legal advice show on the old Talk Radio 1270 WXYT on weekends before it flipped to Sports!
Quite often, when he would do some man on the street stuff, he would be doing it along 10 mile between VD and Hoover, like right by that italian place.

SixPlusOne

Post by SixPlusOne » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:24 am

jsf wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:23 pm
I have never understood how this individual with such a lousy voice can acquire a job announcing. Why he is working in the business at all is the question that remains unanswered.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:13 pm

SixPlusOne wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:24 am
jsf wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:23 pm
I have never understood how this individual with such a lousy voice can acquire a job announcing. Why he is working in the business at all is the question that remains unanswered.
Passion, that's why.

And Neck beard, Firenze's is the restaurant there, and it is amazing. Not quite as good as before(thanks new owners) but still good.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

teedub

Post by teedub » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:05 pm

Charlie was also on the old WUYR AM1310 doing a legal show. I enjoy his radio style, at least when he does the Man in the Street interviews. He has a nice sense of humor.

semihemi8

Post by semihemi8 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:59 pm

Langford sounds normal on WWJ. Why does he have to do the over the top screechy whiny voice on Fox2?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:15 am

As a man on the street reporter type, he is very good. As a weekend anchor on Fox 2's fluffy morning newscast, he's OK.

However, as a news announcer reading copy on the radio, his voice is definitely off putting! Far too hoarse.

I suspect this move is only temporary.

WWJ needs to bring back Greg Bowman full time or should consider bringing back Bill Stevens. Give one of those gentlemen their former afternoon shift and move Jason Scott to mornings.

ProducerXM

Post by ProducerXM » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:03 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:15 am
As a man on the street reporter type, he is very good. As a weekend anchor on Fox 2's fluffy morning newscast, he's OK.

However, as a news announcer reading copy on the radio, his voice is definitely off putting! Far too hoarse.

I suspect this move is only temporary.

WWJ needs to bring back Greg Bowman full time or should consider bringing back Bill Stevens. Give one of those gentlemen their former afternoon shift and move Jason Scott to mornings.
Though Langton sounds ok, I agree. But if they’re going to make the move, I think WWJ would do well to move the afternoon team to mornings.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:58 pm

I liked Greg Bowman but I wouldn't be surprised if he retired after leaving WWJ a few years ago. Who knows if he'll come out of retirement someday.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:02 pm

Mr. Bowman is on the air at WWJ every weekend.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:04 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:02 pm
Mr. Bowman is on the air at WWJ every weekend.
I didn't know he did weekends.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic