Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Hey, 93.9...

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
windsor

Re: Hey, 93.9...

Post by windsor » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:25 am

And another example of Bell Media's ineptitude, there are billboards all over Windsor touting "Windsor's Newest Hit Station" but the freq number is so small in the right hand corner of the sign you will never see it as your driving by. Im sure the signs are just generic ones used by Virgin Radio in its other cities but really, this company is brain dead.

And Mega ....I agree with your conclusion on the Detroit radio dial, its over folks last one out the door plz turn out the lights.

F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:33 pm

innate-in-you wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:38 am
radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:54 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:51 am
Someone finally cleaned up 93.9's crappy audio processing.

Today is the first time I've sampled the station in over a week. Audio definitely sounds cleaner than before. Unfortunately, the playlist remains reprehensibly awful.

88.7 sure seems like it's broadcasting at reduced power. I have no issue picking up a clean stereo signal from 89.9, 93.9 and even 95.9. I cannot decode stereo on 88.7 unless I fidget endlessly with the antenna wire.
88.7 comes in pretty good on my Bose Wave radio in Toledo, so chances are, it's coming in better here than in parts of Metro Detroit!

Compared to Class B FM radio stations stateside, the Windsor FM stations offer a good signal in Toledo Proper, because some of the Windsor stations are some distance south of Windsor.
That's probably why both Windsor stations come in good in Toledo.

thatonedude

Post by thatonedude » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:00 pm

Mega Hertz wrote: Good. Fuck 'em. They can reduce power all the way down to 1 watt for all I give a shit. Fuck them and their shit kicker music. I'll listen to the 95.5 tracks that "Alternative" 98.7 plays.

God I fucking hate Detroit radio.
Abso-fuckin-lutely. Still can’t believe this shit happened, and it’s been almost a month. 98.7 is not even remotely close to 89X, and probably won’t ever be if they keep this horseshit playlist.

All 98.7 needs to do is play an assload of gold tracks, and I’ll tolerate them more. The new rap bullshit should be left to 95.5 — that’s where it belongs. It ain’t Alt, no matter how you look at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

take this job and shove it

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:26 pm

thatonedude wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:00 pm
Mega Hertz wrote: Good. Fuck 'em. They can reduce power all the way down to 1 watt for all I give a shit. Fuck them and their shit kicker music. I'll listen to the 95.5 tracks that "Alternative" 98.7 plays.

Abso-fuckin-lutely. Still can’t believe this shit happened, and it’s been almost a month. 98.7 is not even remotely close to 89X, and probably won’t ever be if they keep this horseshit playlist.

All 98.7 needs to do is play an assload of gold tracks, and I’ll tolerate them more. The new rap bullshit should be left to 95.5 — that’s where it belongs. It ain’t Alt, no matter how you look at it.

Whaddya say we start a classic rock station and play Frank Sinatra and Kool & the Gang? Why not, makes sense!

"Bummed about losing WCSX? We're classic rock 93.7, here's The Kingston Trio!"

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:51 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:26 pm
thatonedude wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:00 pm

Whaddya say we start a classic rock station and play Frank Sinatra and Kool & the Gang? Why not, makes sense!

"Bummed about losing WCSX? We're classic rock 93.7, here's The Kingston Trio!"
HaHa!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:27 pm

Call me crazy - but I'd say 98.7 in its current format actually sounds somewhat WORSE than the ill-fated Alt 106.7.

The processing on 98.7 is rotten; bass drowns out everything else. Guitar sounds distant and is underemphasized. Virtually zero high end treble response. It's as if all audio frequencies above 4 kHz were cut out of the audio chain with a scalpel.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:56 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:27 pm
Call me crazy - but I'd say 98.7 in its current format actually sounds somewhat WORSE than the ill-fated Alt 106.7.

The processing on 98.7 is rotten; bass drowns out everything else. Guitar sounds distant and is underemphasized. Virtually zero high end treble response. It's as if all audio frequencies above 4 kHz were cut out of the audio chain with a scalpel.
I'm not 100% on THAT just yet, but I will stand by my original assertion that I will hear a good song, followed by 4 or 5 that blow chunks and 89x wouldn't have played with a gun to their head. I gotta wonder if these shitty rap songs are an attempt to fill out some of the younger demos. I seriously doubt 18-24 year olds wanna hear 90s alternative rock songs that haven't been played but twice since 1996. But they're gonna have to make a choice. It's like chocolate and urine.

-TurkeyTop

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:07 pm

I was happy to hear Foster the People on there today though.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:28 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:56 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:

I'm not 100% on THAT just yet, but I will stand by my original assertion that I will hear a good song, followed by 4 or 5 that blow chunks and 89x wouldn't have played with a gun to their head. I gotta wonder if these shitty rap songs are an attempt to fill out some of the younger demos. I seriously doubt 18-24 year olds wanna hear 90s alternative rock songs that haven't been played but twice since 1996. But they're gonna have to make a choice. It's like chocolate and urine.
That's literally the equivalent of saying WCSX wants some younger listeners so they have to play Ariana Grande once an hour.

It makes no sense.
This is Alternative, not AMP Radio 2.0

Music is my life.

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:40 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
I totally agree with you. While I like the gold material on 98.7 better, the currents are anywhere from ok to downright horrible. The worst part about it is the songs that belong least, “Mood”, “Dance Monkey”, and Billie Eilish are played almost every time I listen. The old 106.7 would probably be playing Eilish wayyyy too much, but at least iHate Alts tend to avoid a lot of the rap stuff that 98.7 loves.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:49 am

I will say that it's nice to look at the display and see 98.7 and hear Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Offspring, Smashing Pumpkins, etc. again (I know MW hates Everclear, but they have been playing "Santa Monica, a song he can tolerate and one Today's Wheels was playing), but like Sam said, they're trying to be AMP 2.0. It seems like we're in agreement about the gold selections, and I think this should be a gold-based format unless they WANT another 1.2 rating.

Q: How do you know it's time to change the station from 98.7?

A: When the "new music discovery" sweeper plays!

-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic