Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

KDTI Has Gone All Christmas Music

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:54 am

Why is KDTI in this section? Because KDTI, 37 watts at 90.3, is in Rochester Hills, MI.

Since their network was dropped, it is K Love Christmas. Anyone know if it is all religious Christmas Music? It would be refreshing next to "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer" and "I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas", etc.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

rugratsonline

Re: KDTI Has Gone All Christmas Music

Post by rugratsonline » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:01 pm

And I thought Spring Arbor's KTGG was the only other "K" station in Michigan.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:45 pm

Dude, I haven't heard any FM radio station play "Grandma" in like 10 years.

Music is my life.

ChrisWL1980

Post by ChrisWL1980 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:25 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:54 am
Why is KDTI in this section? Because KDTI, 37 watts at 90.3, is in Rochester Hills, MI.

Since their network was dropped, it is K Love Christmas. Anyone know if it is all religious Christmas Music? It would be refreshing next to "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer" and "I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas", etc.
I heard the 90.9 translator in Lansing (which switched from Air 1 to K-Love Classics a few months ago) play Celine Dion and Brenda Lee, so it seems to be a mix of secular and CCM, similar to what stations like Home.FM and WBCL do during the holiday season.

I wonder what happens to the K-Love Christmas stations after the holidays (I know the Toledo signals are being sold). The classic hits format was a welcome respite from formula praise and worship and "Jesus is my girlfriend/boyfriend" music and showcased an era when CCM didn't all sound the same.

"Grandma Got Run Over" seems to be disappearing from stations' libraries, thankfully. If only the same would happen to "the hippo song" and "Do They Know It's Christmas"...

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:09 pm

ChrisWL1980 wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:25 pm
Ben Zonia wrote:

I heard the 90.9 translator in Lansing (which switched from Air 1 to K-Love Classics a few months ago) play Celine Dion and Brenda Lee, so it seems to be a mix of secular and CCM, similar to what stations like Home.FM and WBCL do during the holiday season.

I wonder what happens to the K-Love Christmas stations after the holidays (I know the Toledo signals are being sold). The classic hits format was a welcome respite from formula praise and worship and "Jesus is my girlfriend/boyfriend" music and showcased an era when CCM didn't all sound the same.

"Grandma Got Run Over" seems to be disappearing from stations' libraries, thankfully. If only the same would happen to "the hippo song" and "Do They Know It's Christmas"...
I only heard "Do They Know It's Christmas" once on 101.5 the River last year.

ChrisWL1980

Post by ChrisWL1980 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:05 am

radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:09 pm
ChrisWL1980 wrote:
Ben Zonia wrote:

That's one time too many for my taste. It appears it's no longer "power gold" on the Premium Choice playlist, as it hasn't played at all this weekend on WNIC. Not shedding any tears over that.

SolarMax

Post by SolarMax » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:53 am

I have a playlist on my old school iPod with nothing but "novelty" xmas music, much of it, including "Grandma..." derived from Dr. Demento. Nobody on radio gonna play South Park's "Merry f*in' Christmas!" :lol:

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:18 am

ChrisWL1980 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:05 am
radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:09 pm
ChrisWL1980 wrote:
Ben Zonia wrote:

That's one time too many for my taste. It appears it's no longer "power gold" on the Premium Choice playlist, as it hasn't played at all this weekend on WNIC. Not shedding any tears over that.
I'm guessing the song is fading away in relevance.

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:08 pm

ChrisWL1980 wrote:
Ben Zonia wrote:

The Promise FM is similar when they add Christmas music to the mix in December. A few years ago, I heard Wonderful Christmastime by Sir Paul McCartney on 91.1 the Promise FM

thatonedude

Post by thatonedude » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:24 pm

SolarMax wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:53 am
I have a playlist on my old school iPod with nothing but "novelty" xmas music, much of it, including "Grandma..." derived from Dr. Demento. Nobody on radio gonna play South Park's "Merry f*in' Christmas!" :lol:
Depends... I think 89x played Cartman's version of "O Holy Night" from that South Park album. That was just as horrifying as when Doug FM would play the barking dog version of "Jingle Bells".

Honestly, I'm fine with novelty Christmas songs...just play them sparingly

(Edited because I mixed up Doug and 89x. I had a hellacious migraine)
Last edited by thatonedude on Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

take this job and shove it

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:36 pm

Let me get this straight.. you want to hear 10 different renditions of Let it Snow, instead of songs like "Do They Know It's Christmas"?

I can't wrap my head around this. Lmao

Music is my life.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:35 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:

Did K Love get canned?

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic