Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Jamie Edmonds needs to be bumped to WDIV's full time sports anchor

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Lickalime

Jamie Edmonds needs to be bumped to WDIV's full time sports anchor

Post by Lickalime » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:40 pm

Jamie Edmonds is great with sports. Her reporting is professional and she knows what she's talking about. I love watching her do sports reports.

It might be time Bernie hang it up. He doesn't report anything. His "we've got highlights" is so beyond stale. Weekend at Bernie's and whatever filler videos he shows highlighting someone getting hit in the balls is straight up stupid. Even when there is something to report, he doesn't do an actual story.

Sports is much more enjoyable with Steve Garagiola or Jamie Edmonds.

Momo

Re: Jamie Edmonds needs to be bumped to WDIV's full time sports anchor

Post by Momo » Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:29 pm

Does she still refer to the Kansas City sports teams as Kansas?!

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:40 pm

I don't watch 4 really enough but from what I have seen I fully agree with your assessment. It does align with everything I've observed when I do catch sports updates there while flipping channels.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:13 pm

Lickalime wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:40 pm
... Weekend at Bernie's and whatever filler videos he shows highlighting someone getting hit in the balls is straight up stupid ...
I think I'll always remember one time when Smilovitz showed a clip of someone getting a ball in the crotch. Without missing a beat, Kimberly Gill says "They call that two balls and a strike". I thought Scillian was going to fall out of his chair.

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:14 am

Whatever it takes to get less Bernie.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:26 am

Bernie needs to retire.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

rushbuzz1013

Post by rushbuzz1013 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:01 am

Jamie is capable but just not strong enough, imo. Bernie is ok, except that schtick "We call this..." video filler has got to go.

joe60

Post by joe60 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:31 am

Bernie must have a great contract. His segments during the pandemic have been useless

Herm

Post by Herm » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:34 pm

I fully support this. Jamie is fantastic! She is more than capable of being the #1 in any sports department.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:58 pm

Nobody , I mean noooo-body has more a perfect set of teeth than Jamie Edmonds....need to find out who her dentist is....

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:05 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:13 pm
Lickalime wrote:
... Weekend at Bernie's and whatever filler videos he shows highlighting someone getting hit in the balls is straight up stupid ...
I think I'll always remember one time when Smilovitz showed a clip of someone getting a ball in the crotch. Without missing a beat, Kimberly Gill says "They call that two balls and a strike". I thought Scillian was going to fall out of his chair.
Almost a s good as in 2002 when "Toy Story" came out around Christmas and Carmen asked one of the anchors, "So are you getting a Woody for Xmas?"...of course the studio was in hysterical laughter and Carmen had no clue why....

thekman

Post by thekman » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:59 pm

Lickalime wrote:
Jamie Edmonds is great with sports. Her reporting is professional and she knows what she's talking about. I love watching her do sports reports.

It might be time Bernie hang it up. He doesn't report anything. His "we've got highlights" is so beyond stale. Weekend at Bernie's and whatever filler videos he shows highlighting someone getting hit in the balls is straight up stupid. Even when there is something to report, he doesn't do an actual story.

Sports is much more enjoyable with Steve Garagiola or Jamie Edmonds.
Yes!!!
I agree with this maybe more than anything I’ve read on the Buzzboard in a long time. Bernie has been phoning it in for years, probably over a decade now. I enjoyed his schtick 30 years ago, but he’s so stale now. Steve is great at everything he does, and Jamie is good too.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:04 am

rushbuzz1013 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:01 am
Jamie is capable but just not strong enough, imo. Bernie is ok, except that schtick "We call this..." video filler has got to go.
Bernie's a Personality, and adds to the chemistry of a highly rated newscast. I agree with all the criticism here, but his co-workers and employer seem to like him, and he knows he's got an easy gig, so I don't see him leaving anytime soon.

Lickalime

Post by Lickalime » Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:02 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:04 am
rushbuzz1013 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:01 am
Bernie's a Personality, and adds to the chemistry of a highly rated newscast. I agree with all the criticism here, but his co-workers and employer seem to like him, and he knows he's got an easy gig, so I don't see him leaving anytime soon.
Maybe I'm seeing and hearing things differently. The reactions from Devin and Kimberly always sound like uncomfortable laughter/filler and they're just being polite (or following the teleprompter saying [laughter] once Bernie finishes his schtick).

Bernie has the easiest gig this side of the Mississippi. I agree with you. He isn't leaving anytime soon.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:02 pm

I'm probably one of the few on here that likes Bernie. I definitely will agree that his schtick can be strange at times. But for the most part, he seems to love his job a lot. He will likely be the sports director for a few more years.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic