Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Jamie Edmonds needs to be bumped to WDIV's full time sports anchor

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 14896

Re: Jamie Edmonds needs to be bumped to WDIV's full time sports anchor

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:24 pm

Lickalime wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:02 pm
Maybe I'm seeing and hearing things differently. The reactions from Devin and Kimberly always sound like uncomfortable laughter/filler and they're just being polite (or following the teleprompter saying [laughter] once Bernie finishes his schtick).
Is it possible that what you are thinking is uncomfortable laughter is really just them not knowing if it's their turn to talk?
I'm seeing that quite a bit on Fox2. Everyone is separated due to the virus. And there's hesitation when one is done talking, and it's the other one's turn.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:01 pm

Bernie seems like a nice guy but I really don't find his shtick very funny at all. Then it always seems like like everybody signed on their contract a clause- must laugh on air when Bernie cracks a "joke". Jamie certainly would deserve the top hat at WDIV for the sports anchor job. She's easy on the eyes as well.

Lickalime

Post by Lickalime » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:48 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:24 pm
Lickalime wrote:
Maybe I'm seeing and hearing things differently. The reactions from Devin and Kimberly always sound like uncomfortable laughter/filler and they're just being polite (or following the teleprompter saying [laughter] once Bernie finishes his schtick).
Is it possible that what you are thinking is uncomfortable laughter is really just them not knowing if it's their turn to talk?
I'm seeing that quite a bit on Fox2. Everyone is separated due to the virus. And there's hesitation when one is done talking, and it's the other one's turn.
Oh, that is 100% possible. I imagine with doing reports remotely it's gotta be tough to know who talks when.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:29 am

Lickalime wrote:
Bobbert wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:04 am
rushbuzz1013 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:01 am
Jamie is capable but just not strong enough, imo. Bernie is ok, except that schtick "We call this..." video filler has got to go.
Bernie's a Personality, and adds to the chemistry of a highly rated newscast. I agree with all the criticism here, but his co-workers and employer seem to like him, and he knows he's got an easy gig, so I don't see him leaving anytime soon.

Bernie has the easiest gig this side of the Mississippi. I agree with you. He isn't leaving anytime soon.
I admit I haven't watched him much lately. "Tolerate" might be a better word than "like."

TheGoodNews

Post by TheGoodNews » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:16 am

Bernie is the most difficult man to ever work with. Anyone who’s worked with him knows that and has a traumatizing story to back it up.

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:10 am

TheGoodNews wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:16 am
Bernie is the most difficult man to ever work with. Anyone who’s worked with him knows that and has a traumatizing story to back it up.
This wouldnt surprise me. Dude seems like hes all schtick.

uncleb67

Post by uncleb67 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:57 am

TheGoodNews wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:16 am
I’ve heard from people in the service industry (bars, restaurants) who say he is the definition of a self-absorbed tool. Never had the experience myself, but usually where there’s smoke there’s fire. Most of today’s media people lack the um, profile of yesteryears, so I’ve found them to be much kinder/humbler people.

Lickalime

Post by Lickalime » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:31 am

Does anyone know how long Bernie has been doing Weekend at Bernie's? I tried looking it up recently, but didn't really find much other than clips or information about the movie.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:09 pm

Lickalime wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:31 am
Does anyone know how long Bernie has been doing Weekend at Bernie's? I tried looking it up recently, but didn't really find much other than clips or information about the movie.
Probably the early 90’s judging by some of the old clips of people saying that beginning tag line...

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:57 pm

Since a thread about Jamie Edmonds has turned into a thread about Smilovitz, can I ask a question?
I believe I read pre-Covid that he lives in New York or something like that. And that in the pre-Covid days, he commuted back and forth every day, or perhaps every week. Any truth to this?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic