Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Local4 says it will refer to “militia” as “domestic terrorists”

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Herm

Re: Local4 says it will refer to “militia” as “domestic terrorists”

Post by Herm » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:37 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:32 am
Herm wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:20 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:29 pm
Not “allegedly.” Local 4 really did convict them BEFORE and in spite of a trial.
Ma’am... Local 4 is a TV station. They have no power to convict anyone for anything. Courts do that. Judges and juries do that. TV stations make TV shows and sell ad time.
And how does one go about doing something in spite of an event that hasn’t happened yet?

Note: I did my best to delete all the other posts that would have been included in this quote other than the one I was responding to. And my response was more than one word.
Local 4 refers to innocent people, accused and charged with “terrorism,” as “terrorists” prior to and despite a conviction.

Therefore, in the feeble minds of the Local 4 newsroom, a conviction has already taken place. That, or they’re simply liars, political hacks with no ethics or integrity.
If they did something despite a conviction, it would be exoneration. Look it up!

Or they made a mistake... that’s also a possibility.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:02 pm

Herm wrote:
lovinlife101 wrote:
Not “allegedly.” Local 4 really did convict them BEFORE and in spite of a trial.
Ma’am... Local 4 is a TV station. They have no power to convict anyone for anything. Courts do that. Judges and juries do that. TV stations make TV shows and sell ad time.
And how does one go about doing something in spite of an event that hasn’t happened yet?

Note: I did my best to delete all the other posts that would have been included in this quote other than the one I was responding to. And my response was more than one word.
Ever hear of the "court of public opinion"?? WDIV is using propaganda to try and influence their viewers.

So much for journalistic integrity!

Herm

Post by Herm » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:32 pm

km1125 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:02 pm
Herm wrote:
lovinlife101 wrote:

Ever hear of the "court of public opinion"?? WDIV is using propaganda to try and influence their viewers.

So much for journalistic integrity!

Of course I’ve heard of it. That’s a silly question.
It’s also possible it was just poor judgement or a mistake. Neither of which is cause to question their journalistic integrity. None of us will ever be aware of their motives or reasoning unless they decide to make us aware.

Getoffmylawn

Post by Getoffmylawn » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:39 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:35 pm
Local 4 is judge, jury, executioner, ignorant, and morally bankrupt.
You'll have to forgive us if we don't take your opinion regarding what is "moral" too seriously.

But please, carry on.

Getoffmylawn

Post by Getoffmylawn » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:31 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:47 pm
Getoffmylawn wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:39 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:35 pm
Local 4 is judge, jury, executioner, ignorant, and morally bankrupt.
You'll have to forgive us if we don't take your opinion regarding what is "moral" too seriously.

But please, carry on.
What’s that, faggot?
You had all day to think of a witty comeback and that's the best you can come up with? Tsk.

Oh well, this was an entertaining diversion, but I'm going to go talk to the grownups now. I sincerely hope that one day you reach out for help in figuring out what chain of events led you to this place in life.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic