Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Is Alicia Smith going through health issues, or is she just chunking out?

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Is Alicia Smith going through health issues, or is she just chunking out?

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:06 am

She and a couple other female anchors at WXYZ perform much better on-air than Carolyn Clifford.

Clifford is a truly horrible 6PM & 11PM news anchor.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:26 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:06 am
She and a couple other female anchors at WXYZ perform much better on-air than Carolyn Clifford.
You know it seems no one cares for her. I haven't seen anyone here on Buzzboard say they like her.

And if you look at the ratings that get posted here from time to time, it seems folks will watch Lewis from 5 to 6, then change channels. Check it out next time ratings get posted here, tell me if I'm looking at it wrong.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:51 am

JLesinski wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:48 am

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:23 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:26 am
MWmetalhead wrote:
You know it seems no one cares for her. I haven't seen anyone here on Buzzboard say they like her.

And if you look at the ratings that get posted here from time to time, it seems folks will watch Lewis from 5 to 6, then change channels. Check it out next time ratings get posted here, tell me if I'm looking at it wrong.
If you look at it the 6pm, ratings are much higher than the 5pm and have been for a decade at least.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:01 am

Rate This wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:23 pm
If you look at it the 6pm, ratings are much higher than the 5pm and have been for a decade at least.
I swam back thru the postings. The last one I seen was in May. You are correct.

rushbuzz1013

Post by rushbuzz1013 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:31 am

MWmetalhead wrote:

Clifford is a truly horrible 6PM & 11PM news anchor.
CC's on-air delivery turns me off completely. She loves to push her voice with an upswing as if saying "...better do this, or ELSE!", or "listen to me if you know what's good for you". Top that along with co-host "Milk Toast" Dave, Ugh. CLICK!
Alicia Smith has grown on me. I find her delivery somewhat pleasing. She is smart and classy. But, would also like for her to keep her politics to herself.
Last edited by rushbuzz1013 on Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:11 am

She definitely is getting chunky, which matters on a visual media. She's not my 'type', but I can certainly see how folks are enamored with her looks (similar to M Leu). I will agree she is among the best at delivery, even though she fawns inappropriately over Whitmer and others. I wonder how much of the content and fake banter with the rest of the on-air talent is her own or is what she's directed to say and do.

I don't watch her a lot, and thought she was much older especially after some comments in this thread. She doesn't *look* old, but I'm guessing mid-30's?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:49 pm

km1125 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:11 am
She definitely is getting chunky, which matters on a visual media. She's not my 'type', but I can certainly see how folks are enamored with her looks (similar to M Leu). I will agree she is among the best at delivery, even though she fawns inappropriately over Whitmer and others. I wonder how much of the content and fake banter with the rest of the on-air talent is her own or is what she's directed to say and do.

I don't watch her a lot, and thought she was much older especially after some comments in this thread. She doesn't *look* old, but I'm guessing mid-30's?
She’s probably 45....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic