Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Locast Streaming Local TV Channels In Detroit

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
SolarMax

Re: Locast Streaming Local TV Channels In Detroit

Post by SolarMax » Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:43 am

From Cord Cutters News Sept. 2:
Locast suspends Service as Legal Battle with Broadcasters Continues

If you use Locast for local OTA channels, better get that antenna up before winter!

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:00 pm

That's unfortunate. In the age of digital TV where weaker signals just completely disappear instead of present a snowy picture, I have found Locast to be a great option. I use it in my house in Livonia on the TV in an area of my house I can't physically run an antenna line from the rooftop antenna. I also used Locast at the family cottage between Port Huron and Lexington, which is still part of the Metro Detroit TV market, but I can't get any TV reception whatsoever, even with the 40-some element antenna on top of a 30-ft tower that was recently removed.

Hopefully they're allowed to resume operations, or another option comes along that doesn't involve purchasing cable or satellite TV service.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:20 pm

In the bluewater area, shouldn't some Canadian stations be receivable via outdoor antenna?

The suspension of Locast definitely sucks! One year to the day it launched in Detroit.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:17 pm

I must be in some RF dead zone. I get no viewable digital channels (whatever I can get pixelates, freezes, drops, etc). I also can only get a weak 3G cell signal too.

I used to get some Canadian stations (29, 42, 51), and a few Detroit stations (7, 38) with the antenna pre-digital.

I decided to resolve all these issues with new wifi service, supplementing that with Locast.

mtburb
Location: Wyandotte, 17 miles from Southfield, 38 miles from Oregon

Post by mtburb » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:43 am

The official death blow has come. Locast has been permanently banned (key words) from resuming operation.

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/tech-and- ... right-case

My furthest DTV tropo: KDKA Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania at 202 miles for three days in January 2017 and a night in September 2017 with only an Antennas Direct C2V!

Current setup: Antennas Direct C2Max (2018-present)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic