Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 2 at 7:30a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Schitt's Creek

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 6075
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Schitt's Creek

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:40 pm

blizzard wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:03 pm
Not bad, but Corner Gas is better.
:hat
I've never seen the schit Creek, but I like Corner Gas. Watched it just last night.


"Last night my Lord returned from the wars and pleasured me twice with his boots on."

The Duchess of Marlborough.

amehloldiesfan
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2004 11:32 am
Location: metro Detroit

Re: Schitt's Creek

Post by amehloldiesfan » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:12 pm

I haven't seen this program myself but if you watched the Emmy's last weekend, nearly every award in the first hour was won by Schitt's Creek or a cast member or writer/supporting team member. It used to air on POP TV - not sure if they are still airing episodes in rerun.



User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 6075
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Schitt's Creek

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:52 pm

amehloldiesfan wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:12 pm
I haven't seen this program myself but if you watched the Emmy's last weekend, nearly every award in the first hour was won by Schitt's Creek or a cast member or writer/supporting team member. It used to air on POP TV - not sure if they are still airing episodes in rerun.
I have never even once in my life watched the Emmys.


"Last night my Lord returned from the wars and pleasured me twice with his boots on."

The Duchess of Marlborough.

Matt
Posts: 4452
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:18 pm
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: Schitt's Creek

Post by Matt » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:46 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:09 pm
tvbobn wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:40 am
Matt wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:15 am
sfpcc wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:33 am
Channel 50 is picking up the recently concluded Canadian Sitcom Schitt's Creek. This is the first new show they've added in a couple of years. I've seen the first two episodes on CBC and It's pretty funny. Has anyone else out there seen this show? Do you think it's a good choice? (I've always really liked The Big Bang Theory but after nine years it's getting kind of stale.)
We know Netflix and Hulu exist, yes?
You know this is the "Michigan Radio and TV Buzzboard", yes?

Why would we care about streaming internet here?

Amen

These are the same people who believe the Internet is radio.
You prefer the capitalist bought and paid for time that much (commercials)? I know you are mostly a radio listener rather than a TV viewer, but do you pay for TV?



User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 6075
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Schitt's Creek

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:01 am

Matt wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:46 am
[
You prefer the capitalist bought and paid for time that much (commercials)? I know you are mostly a radio listener rather than a TV viewer, but do you pay for TV?

I don't see what possible relevance any of this has to the subject of this thread, but I do have satellite TV for my wife. She gets about 150 channels and watches the same half dozen all the time. (Happy wife happy life.)

In Florida we get free TV off an antenna, but I pay for radio by making a contribution to the local NPR station there every year.


"Last night my Lord returned from the wars and pleasured me twice with his boots on."

The Duchess of Marlborough.

Graham Wellington
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: Schitt's Creek

Post by Graham Wellington » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:02 pm

tvbobn wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:40 am
Matt wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:15 am
sfpcc wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:33 am
Channel 50 is picking up the recently concluded Canadian Sitcom Schitt's Creek. This is the first new show they've added in a couple of years. I've seen the first two episodes on CBC and It's pretty funny. Has anyone else out there seen this show? Do you think it's a good choice? (I've always really liked The Big Bang Theory but after nine years it's getting kind of stale.)
We know Netflix and Hulu exist, yes?
You know this is the "Michigan Radio and TV Buzzboard", yes?

Why would we care about streaming internet here?

Using that logic, I better not hear any comments about programming viewed via Cable TV! Or any programming on a cable channel!



Graham Wellington
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: Schitt's Creek

Post by Graham Wellington » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:04 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:01 am
Matt wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:46 am
[
You prefer the capitalist bought and paid for time that much (commercials)? I know you are mostly a radio listener rather than a TV viewer, but do you pay for TV?

I don't see what possible relevance any of this has to the subject of this thread, but I do have satellite TV for my wife. She gets about 150 channels and watches the same half dozen all the time. (Happy wife happy life.)

In Florida we get free TV off an antenna, but I pay for radio by making a contribution to the local NPR station there every year.
"Satellite" TV? Is that like "Internet" TV?



User avatar
Bull Shannon
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:31 pm

Re: Schitt's Creek

Post by Bull Shannon » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:24 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:40 pm
blizzard wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:03 pm
Not bad, but Corner Gas is better.
:hat
I've never seen the schit Creek, but I like Corner Gas. Watched it just last night.
Letterkenny is better than both.



Ohio_Quebecois
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:40 pm

Re: Schitt's Creek

Post by Ohio_Quebecois » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:01 pm

I love Corner Gas, but Letterkenny is the funniest show I’ve ever seen.



Matt
Posts: 4452
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:18 pm
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: Schitt's Creek

Post by Matt » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:37 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:01 am
Matt wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:46 am
[
You prefer the capitalist bought and paid for time that much (commercials)? I know you are mostly a radio listener rather than a TV viewer, but do you pay for TV?

I don't see what possible relevance any of this has to the subject of this thread, but I do have satellite TV for my wife. She gets about 150 channels and watches the same half dozen all the time. (Happy wife happy life.)

In Florida we get free TV off an antenna, but I pay for radio by making a contribution to the local NPR station there every year.
You compared internet radio to streaming. With streaming, you can watch what you want, when you want. Its better than watching a show at 2:30am.



Gertner
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:27 am

Re: Schitt's Creek

Post by Gertner » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:13 pm

Corner Gas is great. I lose track of time regularly watching back to back episodes on the Comedy Network (I'm from Canada)



User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 6075
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Schitt's Creek

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:41 pm

Gertner wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:13 pm
Corner Gas is great. I lose track of time regularly watching back to back episodes on the Comedy Network (I'm from Canada)

We get it on our local CTV channel 11:30, every Saturday night. It's the only show I watch on a regular basis.


"Last night my Lord returned from the wars and pleasured me twice with his boots on."

The Duchess of Marlborough.

sfpcc
Posts: 689
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:05 pm

Re: Schitt's Creek

Post by sfpcc » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:12 pm

I noticed something unusual about 50's 2:30 AM showing of Schitt's Creek. They're only showing every other episode. Starting with the pilot you're seeing episode 3, 5, 7 etc. I've know of airing of reruns that only show certain seasons, (My Three Sons, Gunsmoke) but nothing like this.



Matt
Posts: 4452
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:18 pm
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: Schitt's Creek

Post by Matt » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:49 am

sfpcc wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:12 pm
I noticed something unusual about 50's 2:30 AM showing of Schitt's Creek. They're only showing every other episode. Starting with the pilot you're seeing episode 3, 5, 7 etc. I've know of airing of reruns that only show certain seasons, (My Three Sons, Gunsmoke) but nothing like this.
ANOTHER advantage for streaming: you can watch the series in order.



Graham Wellington
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: Schitt's Creek

Post by Graham Wellington » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:56 am

Matt wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:49 am
sfpcc wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:12 pm
I noticed something unusual about 50's 2:30 AM showing of Schitt's Creek. They're only showing every other episode. Starting with the pilot you're seeing episode 3, 5, 7 etc. I've know of airing of reruns that only show certain seasons, (My Three Sons, Gunsmoke) but nothing like this.
ANOTHER advantage for streaming: you can watch the series in order.
Nope, we'd rather be stubborn and stick with the old ways, and then turn around and bitch about the shortcomings of the old ways.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic