Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Media Coverage of Local Sports Protests

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
km1125

Re: Media Coverage of Local Sports Protests

Post by km1125 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:27 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:21 am
km1125 wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:53 am
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:30 pm
km1125 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:59 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:17 pm
Annoying Karens about people Black people dying? You do realize white nationalists like you are the Karens, right?
None of those teams, players, or broadcasters really cared about all the black folks that died in Chicago last week or the week before. It's not about black people dying.
It’s about systemic racism. Correct.
Can you name one change in police procedures that would have changed the Jacob Blake outcome?
Draw your weapons only if you see a weapon first.
Are YOU signing up to be in law enforcement???

I would not take that job if I had to wait until someone had already obtained a lethal weapon before I had even a chance at defending my life. Implement something like that and you will definitely see massive really retirements and folks leaving the profession forever. And I would not blame them. Then we will all be responsible individually for our own protection.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:33 pm

It's obvious that RT has very little life experience.

This isn't a game. Those cops had every right to drawn down on the suspect during a felony stop... after tazing him a couple times and rolling around in the fucking rocks for a while.

Homeboy is lucky those seven shots didn't go into his empty head.

Fuck... it's like they have no reasoning skills, those leftists.

Thread Killer

UP906

Post by UP906 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:38 pm

Anyway... pro sports is done, at least as we know it. People just don't care anymore about entitled millionaires playing children's games when there are so much more important things in life, like family and friends.

If they want to try to rebuild their brands, they will have to cut ticket prices, which will lead to cut salaries.

Will the players play for less money? I dunno, maybe... not likely.

Thread Killer

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:48 pm

UP906 wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:38 pm
Anyway... pro sports is done, at least as we know it. People just don't care anymore about entitled millionaires playing children's games when there are so much more important things in life, like family and friends.

If they want to try to rebuild their brands, they will have to cut ticket prices, which will lead to cut salaries.

It's amazing that these protests are occurring after the sports shutdowns that gave everyone the chance to see what life was like without sports. I didn't miss it as much as I thought I would. The seasons that run too long. The big egos. The incredibly large salaries that have to keep growing because of agents.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:59 pm

Yeah Bobbert, I'm walking away from all pro sports and I know a lot of other folks doing the same.

It's amazing how productive an afternoon or weekend is when I'm not wasting time watching a bunch of brats play games.

Done. Out. Forever.

Thread Killer

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:39 am

Bobbert wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:48 pm
UP906 wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:38 pm

It's amazing that these protests are occurring after the sports shutdowns that gave everyone the chance to see what life was like without sports. I didn't miss it as much as I thought I would. The seasons that run too long. The big egos. The incredibly large salaries that have to keep growing because of agents.
Then you weren't a true fan to begin with.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

696lover

Post by 696lover » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:32 am

Off topic but interesting. Last season at the pistons was my first time in the suites at Little Caesars Pizza Arena--we split it with two other businesses. I was surprised how remote it all was. You can only see anything off the bar top if you lean forward or go sit in the seats. Even then the view isn't very good. They did send the brand ambassador, a retired player, to visit and he was fun and very polite for the wives' vapid questions. The food was okay but not great.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:01 am

I don't see any Karen's here. I see people expressing their point of view which is the purpose of the Buzzboard. Used to be differing opinions were acceptable but now one must be in lock step or you are subject to name calling and brow beating. As far as not being a true fan never was an NBA or NHL fan, but enjoy baseball, football and all sorts of motor sports. The pandemic shutdown of all sports showed me how much time I wasted watching. Completed some home projects and all sorts of things I was always going to get around to. Since they have come back I watch if I have spare time otherwise read about the teams I follow the next day. Not having them around was a good thing and a lot of people have realized that. The overall ratings for sports since their return have been down and I wonder if they will ever return to their pre-pandemic level. Some of my friends and myself who went to games or races have found that we have quite a bit of extra money in our pockets now and those who cancelled their sports packages with cable or satellite enjoy the savings too. Of my friends only one signed back up for his sports package and regrets it. Pro sports will never be the same and maybe that's not such a bad thing.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:10 am

zzand wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:01 am
I don't see any Karen's here. I see people expressing their point of view which is the purpose of the Buzzboard. Used to be differing opinions were acceptable but now one must be in lock step or you are subject to name calling and brow beating. As far as not being a true fan never was an NBA or NHL fan, but enjoy baseball, football and all sorts of motor sports. The pandemic shutdown of all sports showed me how much time I wasted watching. Completed some home projects and all sorts of things I was always going to get around to. Since they have come back I watch if I have spare time otherwise read about the teams I follow the next day. Not having them around was a good thing and a lot of people have realized that. The overall ratings for sports since their return have been down and I wonder if they will ever return to their pre-pandemic level. Some of my friends and myself who went to games or races have found that we have quite a bit of extra money in our pockets now and those who cancelled their sports packages with cable or satellite enjoy the savings too. Of my friends only one signed back up for his sports package and regrets it. Pro sports will never be the same and maybe that's not such a bad thing.
Personally I couldn’t care less what they do to protest. As long as the play is good and We win. And frankly you’re talking about tolerance at the beginning of your post. How tolerant for folks in here to say you’ll never watch again? All over differing views. So one side is intolerant of the other sides initial intolerance...

UP906

Post by UP906 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:51 am

It's intolerant because I don't give a crap about their opinion?

They have chosen to not play the game, now I choose to not watch the game... ever again.

Thread Killer

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:01 pm

Talk is cheap; five bucks says you'll be watching by next fall.
Off topic but interesting. Last season at the pistons was my first time in the suites at Little Caesars Pizza Arena--we split it with two other businesses. I was surprised how remote it all was. You can only see anything off the bar top if you lean forward or go sit in the seats. Even then the view isn't very good. They did send the brand ambassador, a retired player, to visit and he was fun and very polite for the wives' vapid questions. The food was okay but not great.
Let me guess...

The ambassador was either Michael Curry or Lindsey Hunter. Am I correct? :)

UP906

Post by UP906 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:14 pm

Nope MW, I'm done.

As a fan of Chicago teams, it's easy to walk away LOL.

Thread Killer

696lover

Post by 696lover » Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:41 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:01 pm
Talk is cheap; five bucks says you'll be watching by next fall.
Let me guess...

The ambassador was either Michael Curry or Lindsey Hunter. Am I correct? :)
Earl Cureton, "The Twirl".

I could see Lindsey Hunter, though

wtfdetroit

Post by wtfdetroit » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:23 pm

Nobody can walk away from the NFL no matter how hard we try especially if we have fantasy leagues with friends and coworkers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:19 pm

As a fan of Chicago teams, it's easy to walk away LOL.
I may have to eat my earlier words with that knowledge in hand.

Speaking as someone who has generally rooted for Detroit's (currently pitiful) teams his whole life, I can certainly relate! :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic