Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Valenti & Rico...

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Bryce

Re: Valenti & Rico...

Post by Bryce » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:50 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:16 am
[

It is not appropriate to call me a "Walmart Wolverine".
FWIW...

FWIW...There are NO Walmart stores in the city of Ann Arbor. Lansing has two.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:57 pm

Indeed, Jim Costa has been a breath of fresh air for 97.1.

His departure from WMAX-FM in Grand Rapids was a major loss for that station, whose ratings have crashed for a number of reasons. He didn't leave by choice; he was a victim of budget cuts last autumn.

Sgt. Sackto

Post by Sgt. Sackto » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:50 am

Can't listen to Rico always trying to sound like Valenti. At least we know who his mentor is.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:22 am

Bryce wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:50 pm
Matt wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:16 am
[

It is not appropriate to call me a "Walmart Wolverine".
FWIW...

FWIW...There are NO Walmart stores in the city of Ann Arbor. Lansing has two.
But MSU is in East Lansing 😁

I no longer directly engage trolls

Corporateshill

Post by Corporateshill » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:40 pm

I remember when mike valenti was amusing. I appreciated that he stayed away from the political topics when Terry brought them up.

COVID helped show that mike valenti is just another grifter saying whatever he needs to in order to cash that check. I remember him swooning over Andrew Cuomo’s press conferences last year. Mike told us Andrew Cuomo would be the next president. Good call !

Now he mocks people who think we should at least reflect upon the freedoms we give away due to COVID. Easy to say when he did not have to close his restaurant or fight the government. to feed his family.

radioandstreamer

Post by radioandstreamer » Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:01 pm

Corporateshill wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:40 pm
I remember when mike valenti was amusing. I appreciated that he stayed away from the political topics when Terry brought them up.

COVID helped show that mike valenti is just another grifter saying whatever he needs to in order to cash that check. I remember him swooning over Andrew Cuomo’s press conferences last year. Mike told us Andrew Cuomo would be the next president. Good call !

Now he mocks people who think we should at least reflect upon the freedoms we give away due to COVID. Easy to say when he did not have to close his restaurant or fight the government. to feed his family.

The last few weeks the covid talk from Mike has been very tiresome.. over and over “get the vax” over and over. Shaming others ppls opinions because HE follows the science and experts ! It took a while from Auducy finally took down the PSAs about “get the vax, so we can get back to our lives” eeerr not.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:23 pm

Corporateshill wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:40 pm

You and I share the same attitude. Used to be Valenti just talked sports. Yeah, he could be a broken record about the same thing for an hour, but it was still sports. Now he's getting like the morning clowns. Wants to talk more and more about stuff that isn't sports.

I often wonder if this may be management driven at 97.1. Talk more and more about non sports topics.
Didn't someone die a year or two ago, and one of the comments about him was how he would encourage non-sports chatter on the sports stations that he was a program director at? I suppose I could scroll back and find it.
I remember when I read that, I was surprised it was an intentional thing to do.

Sgt. Sackto

Post by Sgt. Sackto » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:35 pm

Most folks from NY are Kool-Aid drinkers.

jsf

Post by jsf » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:08 pm

I stopped listening to that "Train Wreck" months ago.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic