Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Valenti & Rico...

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
JLesinski

Re: Valenti & Rico...

Post by JLesinski » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:00 pm

Done. Cant do it anymore. I used to defend Mike. Hes lost me and I'm sure a bunch of others as well. Thats a shame because the rest of the crew is basically unlistenable now that Jamie has passed.

scifi and horror

Post by scifi and horror » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:42 pm

Been enjoying the show

deadend

Post by deadend » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:57 pm

Who the hell is rico?

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:06 pm

JLesinski wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:00 pm
Done. Cant do it anymore. I used to defend Mike. Hes lost me and I'm sure a bunch of others as well. Thats a shame because the rest of the crew is basically unlistenable now that Jamie has passed.
I agree. I tried to listed for about 10 minutes today and of course it's all politics. Mike of course saying he doesn't care about either side of the fence but completely identifying with one side of the fence. I'll just keep to the sports podcasts these are safe for now.

radioandstreamer

Post by radioandstreamer » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:21 pm

Yaaa I had to log back in .. been just a reader . Mike definitely played the middle card but he definitely is pushing the agenda now and Rico god love him agrees with mike on every take

atariboy

Post by atariboy » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:33 am

I actually agree with Mike on most political topics (although my take on COVID has evolved and his hasn't,) but the addition of Rico has really killed the mood. He agrees with Mike on everything, so what's the point?
I stopped listening last week, the show really is no different than the hundreds of other talking head shows and podcasts available everywhere. And with no college football, it's not likely to get better any time soon.

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:36 am

Virus doom and gloom Mike mixed with a heavy dose of Social Justice Mike is not a good combination. As I said before, I used to defend him as I think hes a premier radio talent in the market, but those things along with adding a partner who falls over himself to agree with Mike just makes bad radio. I wont be listening anymore.

The funny thing is this: Mike would say "I dont care. I'll do my show my way and cover the topics I think are important." Well, Mike and 97.1 management...your listeners DO care what you talk about. Your station pays the bills with advertising revenue. If your listeners keep turning you off you wont be on much longer.

thekman

Post by thekman » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:50 pm

atariboy wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:33 am
And with no college football, it's not likely to get better any time soon.
Well, no Big 10 football. Central Arkansas is already 1-0 this season with its big victory over Austin Peay yesterday.

radioandstreamer

Post by radioandstreamer » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:34 pm

JLesinski wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:36 am
Virus doom and gloom Mike mixed with a heavy dose of Social Justice Mike is not a good combination. As I said before, I used to defend him as I think hes a premier radio talent in the market, but those things along with adding a partner who falls over himself to agree with Mike just makes bad radio. I wont be listening anymore.

The funny thing is this: Mike would say "I dont care. I'll do my show my way and cover the topics I think are important." Well, Mike and 97.1 management...your listeners DO care what you talk about. Your station pays the bills with advertising revenue. If your listeners keep turning you off you wont be on much longer.
Yes! It’s funny how 85% of the time no callers call in on a topic. Today mike was doom and gloom again about covid and football .. he went allllll in on the psu doctor .. aaaand during the show the doctors study was getting shredded and Mike didn’t address the holes and why. Maybe tomorrow ??

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:40 am

The self-righteous piece of shit known as Mike Valenti wouldn't even visit Terry Foster in the hospital following his stroke and then did everything in his power to ensure Foster would never return to the air beside him.

Mike Sullivan also is a piece of shit.

Mr. Foster is downright saddened by the treatment he received from his former co-workers.

Rico Beard is an MSU fan boy with an overinflated ego, just like Valenti. At least Valenti has made an impressive career for himself. Beard, on the other hand, has had a very unremarkable career in media circles.

just interested

Post by just interested » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:39 pm

How pissed off do you think Mike is now that it's the Jamie Samuelsson Studios?
I remember Jamie speaking of Mike's "Always Aggravated" podcast earlier this year and referring to it as being called "Never Downloaded". He cracked up the whole crew.
On the morning show on Fridays they have a national picks guy come on and give his professional advice. The guy is good. Then, at 9 am, they have Valenti come on and give his picks. Sometimes he's on for an hour.
Do people actually like that asshole that much?
Those show promotions where he tries to be funny are so fucking painful. The guy isn't funny at all. His delivery sucks.
That fucking Eric Ebron thing they keep playing is so fucking stupid. Do people really think that's funny?

scifi and horror

Post by scifi and horror » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:11 am

So much non-biased insider info on this board.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:20 am

There is nothing worse than the audio mash-ups and Valenti's obnoxiously fake laugh.

Indeed, not only are those segments not funny, they are cringe worthy. They are one of the reasons I stopped listening.

I refuse to give his show another chance so long as Rico Beard is part of it. He replaced one douche (Sullivan) with an even bigger one.

wtfdetroit

Post by wtfdetroit » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:44 am

I've said this before on here but how do people listen to this show? The horrible fake guy act for the whole show, the extreme testosterone rage, and talking about MSU/Michigan 90% of the time makes for bad radio. Its 4 hours of anger and anxiety with these people, in comparison when I listened to Stoney and Wojo it was a pleasant/relaxing afternoon drive. Send Valenti back to NY and bring someone listenable to the airwaves.

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:50 pm

Wonder if the ratings will slip without the Tigers to help out?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic