Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Is WJLB stunting?!?!

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Is WJLB stunting?!?!

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:33 am

They seem to be playing a loop of 70s, 80s and 90s TV theme songs.

A format change at 97.9 FM would be absolutely stunning!!! A total shocker.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Is WJLB stunting?!?!

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:36 am

Weird. Now they are back to running normal music programming (if one can call hip-hop garbage that).

Perhaps there was a commercial break for which they were unable to sell any inventory. Some sort of top 20 songs countdown show is on.

RayQix

Post by RayQix » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:39 am

As of now (9.39am) they’re playing:

CARNIVAL (feat. Playboi Carti) by ¥$, Kanye West, Ty Dolla $ign & Rich The Kid

Not sure that’s a tv theme song…. But JLB I think is on their normal weekend - lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul Richards

Post by Paul Richards » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:41 am

It would be great if someone did a Classic Soul station in Detroit. WDMK 105.9 would be a good choice considering the ratings lately.
Jo and the Ho gotta Go.

ShempLives

Post by ShempLives » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:06 am

"Old School" Saturdays on WGPR-FM was a lot of fun roughly 20 years ago.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:45 am

ShempLives wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:06 am
Foody would be perfect for Classic Soul. Not sure what he's doing since WMXD shitcanned his Sunday night show, and replaced it with reruns of Keith Sweat. Gerald McBride would be good too, obviously, but his Saturday night show is syndicated by IHM, so he probably has a good thing going with that.

I don't know why they axed Foody. He even had paid sponsors on his Sunday night show. When he left, the sponsors followed.
"Don't you knock when you enter a room?"

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:01 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:45 am
ShempLives wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:06 am
Foody would be perfect for Classic Soul. Not sure what he's doing since WMXD shitcanned his Sunday night show, and replaced it with reruns of Keith Sweat. Gerald McBride would be good too, obviously, but his Saturday night show is syndicated by IHM, so he probably has a good thing going with that.

I don't know why they axed Foody. He even had paid sponsors on his Sunday night show. When he left, the sponsors followed.
What stations is Gerald McBride syndicated on? Is it just iHeart stations? I met Gerald in August, 1979 up on the 19th Floor of the now demolished Genesee Towers, just before WDZZ signed on with Program Test Authority. There were a couple others up there with Vernon Merritt, including Cleodia Myles. I can't remember whether they had left WAMM and WGMZ already. Cleodia had been doing an all night Jazz show on WGMZ, and it seems like Gerald had an airshift at WAMM before that. Marcellus Wilson had passed away a few years before. Trying to think of the third air personality that was there.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:39 pm

When 104.9 in Grand Rapids was Urban AC, they carried his Saturday night syndicated show.

According to the show's website, WDZZ carries it. V100 in Muskegon (another Cumulus station) does as well.

https://www.classicsouljams.com/

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic