Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

7 news hits a new low with the political bias

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
km1125

Re: 7 news hits a new low with the political bias

Post by km1125 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:13 pm

"Portland police said some protesters lit fires in the street and tried several times to set them at the courthouse doors."

Were those "protesters" or "rioters"???

"Some in the crowd this weekend used radio frequency jammers...."
Isn't that a violation of federal law??

"... and shot pellet and airsoft guns to injure officers"
again.. isn't that a violation of federal law??

"Some of the demonstrators also tried to barricade federal officers inside the courthouse and set the building on fire, Kupec said."
Yet another violation of federal law??

"...agents have been assaulted with lasers, bats, fireworks, bottles and other weapons and “yet the city of Portland takes little to no action.”
More violations of federal law?

"....protests against racial injustice in Portland attracted thousands and were largely peaceful, though smaller groups vandalized federal property and police buildings and clashed violently with authorities."
"Protesters" or "rioters"??

"PDX Dad Pod"
WTF is a "PDX Dad Pod"???

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:52 pm

Portland is a city brimming with drunks, old hippies, skinheads, homosexuals, and NPR adoring soccer moms. It's a weird, weird place.

jsf

Post by jsf » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:27 pm

This morning (Sat.) they had a story about a young girl protester in Shelby Twp.being hollered at by a man but nothing about what she might have been saying to him that started it.

696lover

Post by 696lover » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:36 pm

It is getting bad there

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:27 pm

This morning (Sat.) they had a story about a young girl protester in Shelby Twp.being hollered at by a man but nothing about what she might have been saying to him that started it.
Why do you assume the girl was the provocateur? Maybe she didn't say a damn thing to the man?

696lover

Post by 696lover » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:06 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:27 pm
Why do you assume the girl was the provocateur? Maybe she didn't say a damn thing to the man?
Because we know what it means when the media shows tapes starting in the middle and proclaims one party is an innocent angel and the other is a bad evil horrible guy

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:26 am

696lover wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:06 am
MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:27 pm
Because we know what it means when the media shows tapes starting in the middle and proclaims one party is an innocent angel and the other is a bad evil horrible guy
I think maybe the tide is shifting a bit with these protests, especially when people see the rioting and looting happening in places like Portland and Seattle during these "protests". So the media has to do their job and make it seem like all protesters are just super peaceful angels. Its a shame because a certain purposely violent element has creeped into these "protests" that are taking a legitimate moment and turning it into something destructive and violent.

rushbuzz1013

Post by rushbuzz1013 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:35 am

Staffing of these locals is mostly younger liberal millenials. It is to be expected. Experienced level headed pros are set aside in some instances to allow room. It's not legal but it happens. Happened to me. So, now we are all subjected to the new generation of interpreted data. Cops are bad. Protesters are good, rioters don't exist. BLM. Meh. If it enrages, lead with it. Cuz, we need our jobs and the bean counters need beans.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:45 am

Today Alicia used the headline "MAN SHOT BY A DETROIT COP" regarding the issue last night, when in reality it should have read more like "SUSPECT SHOT BY A DETROIT COP". I think those two leads give the viewer a completely different perspective of what really happened, and I think WXYZ is doing it intentionally.

Go ahead, keep fanning the flames until the city (and your viewership) is destroyed again. Completely eliminate all the progress that Gilbert, Iliche's, Ford, Duggan and Craig have done over the last ~10 years and get the city solidly back to 'shithole' status and be proud of what you accomplished!!! "7 on your side"??? I DON'T THINK SO!! What a joke!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:45 am

km1125 wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:45 am
Today Alicia used the headline "MAN SHOT BY A DETROIT COP" regarding the issue last night, when in reality it should have read more like "SUSPECT SHOT BY A DETROIT COP". I think those two leads give the viewer a completely different perspective of what really happened, and I think WXYZ is doing it intentionally.

Go ahead, keep fanning the flames until the city (and your viewership) is destroyed again. Completely eliminate all the progress that Gilbert, Iliche's, Ford, Duggan and Craig have done over the last ~10 years and get the city solidly back to 'shithole' status and be proud of what you accomplished!!! "7 on your side"??? I DON'T THINK SO!! What a joke!
Both imply someone was shot by a Detroit cop. Unless you think most people are 5 I’m pretty sure they can figure out what it means.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:51 am

696lover wrote:
If I ever get interviewed by a TV station, I'm going to have someone recording the interview with their phone. That way, if the station edits it to make it sound different than what I said, I can post what really happened on YouTube or FB or whatever.
7 did this to a friend of mine. A few years ago Jonathan Carlson interviewed someone I know. What was on TV was edited to sound nothing like what my friend was saying.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:54 am

I pretty much have turned off the TV.

The bias on copy writing/editing is pretty bad from the supposed capital "J"ournalists.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:09 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:51 am
696lover wrote:
If I ever get interviewed by a TV station, I'm going to have someone recording the interview with their phone. That way, if the station edits it to make it sound different than what I said, I can post what really happened on YouTube or FB or whatever.
7 did this to a friend of mine. A few years ago Jonathan Carlson interviewed someone I know. What was on TV was edited to sound nothing like what my friend was saying.
I forgot about him... he was annoying got some reason... I can’t remember why.

696lover

Post by 696lover » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:04 am

Alicia the Hutt just did an anchor bit talking past the video of the latest gangster pointing a gun at the cops and getting shot, and shading that Chief Craig needs to get fired

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:46 am

696lover wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:04 am
Alicia the Hutt just did an anchor bit talking past the video of the latest gangster pointing a gun at the cops and getting shot, and shading that Chief Craig needs to get fired
How exactly did she shade he needs to get fired?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic