Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Channel 7 weather FAIL

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Channel 7 weather FAIL

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:01 pm

Their watch / warning icon is the most obnoxious thing in the world as it is.

As a powerful line of storms is moving through Macomb County, the radar map is COMPLETELY BLANK!!!

Such piss poor attention to detail...

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

radioandtventhusiast

Re: Channel 7 weather FAIL

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:44 pm

If you thought the watch/ warning icon was obnoxious, Sinclair's bottom crawl covers half of the screen, much larger than needed. I'm not sure if they still use it with their new graphics or not.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:06 pm

Another great forecast by Firecracker Dave last night!!!

I think most of Metro Detroit has seen zero rain or only a sprinkle since last night.

Dumbass Dave was calling for flooding rains. LMAO

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:08 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:06 pm

I think most of Metro Detroit has seen zero rain or only a sprinkle since last night.

So was Rich Luterman on Fox 2.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:24 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:06 pm

Those wound up passing to the south of us... the washtenaw/Wayne south line got some light rain in the overnight hours.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:55 pm

One of the most inaccurate precip forecasts I have *ever* seen!!! It was pretty clear it was a bust by 10PM, but these clueless dopes stuck to their guns. They seem incapable of discerning when the RPM model is out to lunch.

sirrealone

Post by sirrealone » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:22 am

This past Sunday, there was a line of rain out to the west that was supposed to break up and leave us with hot, steamy weather. Instead, it stayed together, rained in spurts all through mid-afternoon, and it didn't even crack 80 on my thermometer.

I think that whether or not rain systems stay organized as they come off the lake in the weather pattern we're in seems to be one of the hardest things for them to get right. Maybe it's not as easy as people here seem to think it is.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic