Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Beginning to think Fox 2 has a liberal agenda

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 15342

Re: Beginning to think Fox 2 has a liberal agenda

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:29 pm

km1125 wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:14 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:33 am
Huel's feigned emotional pleas on Let It Rip have nauseated me for awhile.
+1000 on that one. I like him as an anchor, but every time I see him on Let It Rip I lose a bit of respect for him. Soon he'll be at less than zero.
Every time is see “Let it Rip” it makes me wanna puke.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:05 pm

km1125 wrote:
+1000 on that one. I like him as an anchor, but every time I see him on Let It Rip I lose a bit of respect for him. Soon he'll be at less than zero.
To me, my problem with Let 'Er Rip is that both Langton and Perkins suck as moderators. They are both unwilling or unable to squelch the shouting matches.

They both will just sit there. They might enjoy the chaos. But the viewers can't make heads or tails trying to figure out who said what, what point is someone trying to make, etc. When the "Who can scream the loudest" starts, I reach for the remote.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:04 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:05 pm
km1125 wrote:
To me, my problem with Let 'Er Rip is that both Langton and Perkins suck as moderators. They are both unwilling or unable to squelch the shouting matches.

They both will just sit there. They might enjoy the chaos. But the viewers can't make heads or tails trying to figure out who said what, what point is someone trying to make, etc. When the "Who can scream the loudest" starts, I reach for the remote.
Yes, I agree wholeheartedly with this too. Every now and then I catch and episode where they seem to actually have a discussion and someone who is moderating actually holds one of the speakers accountable for their statements. But those instances are few and far between.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:48 pm

I'll check in tomorrow for the next boogeyman thread..."Beginning to think Bob's Big Boy has a liberal agenda".

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

PinkPanther69

Post by PinkPanther69 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:01 am

km1125 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:51 pm
There are definitely reporters on there that are way left. The do keep it fairly in check though, but every now and then it comes though. I can't think of any of their on-air staff that I'd guess is conservative, except maybe Dan Miller or even Hammer.

Today though, there was some idiot reporting from FOX2 on scene at the protests on 6 mile then later on 7 mile. He was clearly hoping that a wholescale riot would break out and kept making comparisons to 1967 to what was happening today. I'm not sure who he was, but clearly an idiot. They need to get him off the air. It was none of their normal reporters that I could recognize (by voice, they never had him on camera while I was watching).
Dan Miller and Rich Luterman are definitely not conservative. I wish I had the video when they were both on "Let It Rip" a couple years ago with basically the entire Fox2 news staff. To this day, I couldn't believe how explicit and aggressively anti-Trump Luterman and Miller's were.
Ever since that day I never watched the weather and sportscast the same way, knowing how much venom these guys have for Trump and conservatives.

Just the other morning at WDIV, I saw Jason Car take a giant (and obviously long) sigh immediately after they aired a Trump soundbite. As if he were visibly disgusted with Trump's comments. Whether your conservative or liberal, you shouldn't allow your personal bias to be so blatantly visible. In the old days you would be fired for it.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:34 am

PinkPanther69 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:01 am
km1125 wrote:
There are definitely reporters on there that are way left. The do keep it fairly in check though, but every now and then it comes though. I can't think of any of their on-air staff that I'd guess is conservative, except maybe Dan Miller or even Hammer.

Today though, there was some idiot reporting from FOX2 on scene at the protests on 6 mile then later on 7 mile. He was clearly hoping that a wholescale riot would break out and kept making comparisons to 1967 to what was happening today. I'm not sure who he was, but clearly an idiot. They need to get him off the air. It was none of their normal reporters that I could recognize (by voice, they never had him on camera while I was watching).
Dan Miller and Rich Luterman are definitely not conservative. I wish I had the video when they were both on "Let It Rip" a couple years ago with basically the entire Fox2 news staff. To this day, I couldn't believe how explicit and aggressively anti-Trump Luterman and Miller's were.
Ever since that day I never watched the weather and sportscast the same way, knowing how much venom these guys have for Trump and conservatives.

Just the other morning at WDIV, I saw Jason Car take a giant (and obviously long) sigh immediately after they aired a Trump soundbite. As if he were visibly disgusted with Trump's comments. Whether your conservative or liberal, you shouldn't allow your personal bias to be so blatantly visible. In the old days you would be fired for it.
Why does it matter if they like Trump or not in order for you to get the weather and sports? Are you kidding?

PinkPanther69

Post by PinkPanther69 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:38 am

I could care less if they "like" Trump or the tooth fairy or ketchup on their hot dog; however, I don't need to explicitly KNOW about their personal hatred for Trump (or Biden or anyone else for that matter). They have such venomous HATE to the point it oozes out of them.
Let's face it, they're not the "nice guy" they portray themselves to be to the other half of their audience. Why should we even know or be aware of a reporters personal HATRED for Trump? And trust me, it was a HATE fest, not just friendly disagreement,
At the end of the day, a sportscaster or weatherman should deliver the sports and the weather. How is it beneficial to know their personal political views, bias and hatred? How is that a GOOD idea unless your on Fox News or MSNBC which they are NOT?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:36 am

PinkPanther69 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:38 am
I could care less if they "like" Trump or the tooth fairy or ketchup on their hot dog; however, I don't need to explicitly KNOW about their personal hatred for Trump (or Biden or anyone else for that matter). They have such venomous HATE to the point it oozes out of them.
Let's face it, they're not the "nice guy" they portray themselves to be to the other half of their audience. Why should we even know or be aware of a reporters personal HATRED for Trump? And trust me, it was a HATE fest, not just friendly disagreement,
At the end of the day, a sportscaster or weatherman should deliver the sports and the weather. How is it beneficial to know their personal political views, bias and hatred? How is that a GOOD idea unless your on Fox News or MSNBC which they are NOT?
Well.. let’s see... Let It Rip is an opinion segment... if they were on it and you know how it is going in then exactly how did you expect that would turn out? You had about a 60% chance they would be negative towards the man as a baseline average.

PinkPanther69

Post by PinkPanther69 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:55 am

I agree; however, who thought it would be a GOOD idea to give the green light and let their local weatherman and sportscaster express their personal hatred and bias for all their viewers to see? As if they all retain the same intense hatred for POTUS? How is that a good idea to alienate half your audience?
It would have been a better idea to not let them on "Let It Rip" and get other guests besides your main sportscaster and weatherman spouting off profound levels of hate. I wish I had the video to share to prove the hatred. Viewers shouldn't know what Rich Luterman and Dan Miller think of POTUS one way or the other. At least that's what I was taught in Journalism school back in the day.
By the way, it's ALWAYS anti-Trump.
Never pro-Trump or you'd very likely be fired.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:53 pm

PinkPanther69 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:55 am
I agree; however, who thought it would be a GOOD idea to give the green light and let their local weatherman and sportscaster express their personal hatred and bias for all their viewers to see? As if they all retain the same intense hatred for POTUS? How is that a good idea to alienate half your audience?
It would have been a better idea to not let them on "Let It Rip" and get other guests besides your main sportscaster and weatherman spouting off profound levels of hate. I wish I had the video to share to prove the hatred. Viewers shouldn't know what Rich Luterman and Dan Miller think of POTUS one way or the other. At least that's what I was taught in Journalism school back in the day.
By the way, it's ALWAYS anti-Trump.
Never pro-Trump or you'd very likely be fired.
That’s because they’ve gone so far off the rails that you alienate 60-80% of your audience with the rhetoric used by Trump and co. Being pro-Trump is a money loser. If you want journalism ethics go talk to the BBC or demand that the AP start a cable channel or something.

PinkPanther69

Post by PinkPanther69 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:11 am

Rate This wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:53 pm

That’s because they’ve gone so far off the rails that you alienate 60-80% of your audience with the rhetoric used by Trump and co. Being pro-Trump is a money loser. If you want journalism ethics go talk to the BBC or demand that the AP start a cable channel or something.

Priceless.

Rachel Maddow couldn't have said THAT better herself.

Total gibberish.
Sounds like you'd be a good fit as a Fox2 on-air staff member.

You don't cite any facts indicating Trump "alienates" 80% of local news audiences?
Again, Total B.S.

And what the heck does "being pro-trump is a money loser" mean?
Cite your facts. Again, just total B.S.

Anyone worth their salt knows the BBC and AP are left-leaning organizations. You might as well have suggested I look to NPR , PBS , or the CBC while you're at it for "ethical" journalism that isn't left-leaning or anti-Trump.

As Huel Perkins likes to say: "Bottom line"
Fox 2 News most definitely has a liberal agenda (and they're proud of it).

Local journalists shouldn't be "pro-Trump" or "anti-Trump". They should strive to be neutral and objective. The fact that I know pretty much every reporters political leanings in this town is a sad commentary on today's journalism.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:26 am

PinkPanther69 wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:11 am
Rate This wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:53 pm

Priceless.

Rachel Maddow couldn't have said THAT better herself.

Total gibberish.
Sounds like you'd be a good fit as a Fox2 on-air staff member.

You don't cite any facts indicating Trump "alienates" 80% of local news audiences?
Again, Total B.S.

And what the heck does "being pro-trump is a money loser" mean?
Cite your facts. Again, just total B.S.

Anyone worth their salt knows the BBC and AP are left-leaning organizations. You might as well have suggested I look to NPR , PBS , or the CBC while you're at it for "ethical" journalism that isn't left-leaning or anti-Trump.

As Huel Perkins likes to say: "Bottom line"
Fox 2 News most definitely has a liberal agenda (and they're proud of it).

Local journalists shouldn't be "pro-Trump" or "anti-Trump". They should strive to be neutral and objective. The fact that I know pretty much every reporters political leanings in this town is a sad commentary on today's journalism.
Fantastic... so I suppose next thing you’ll say is that only conservative media tells the truth since you by default eliminated left wing media and inexplicably the middle of the road folks too... remember that dead center objectivity which the BBC, the AP, NPR, PBS and the CBC strive for will still appear to be “left” to a conservative.

PinkPanther69

Post by PinkPanther69 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:28 am

Rate This wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:26 am

Fantastic... so I suppose next thing you’ll say is that only conservative media tells the truth since you by default eliminated left wing media and inexplicably the middle of the road folks too... remember that dead center objectivity which the BBC, the AP, NPR, PBS and the CBC strive for will still appear to be “left” to a conservative.

HaHaHa!! If you think the BBC, the AP, NPR, PBS, and the CBC are "dead center objective" then I have some land to sell you in Florida.

Even liberals will freely tell you those are left-leaning organizations.

Next you're going to tell me the New York Times and Washington Post are totally honest and objective newspapers without a shred of liberal bias!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:36 am

PinkPanther69 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:01 am
km1125 wrote:

I thought I liked Dan and Richard before, but wow. This is good to hear.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:05 am

PinkPanther69 wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:28 am
Rate This wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:26 am

HaHaHa!! If you think the BBC, the AP, NPR, PBS, and the CBC are "dead center objective" then I have some land to sell you in Florida.

Even liberals will freely tell you those are left-leaning organizations.

Next you're going to tell me the New York Times and Washington Post are totally honest and objective newspapers without a shred of liberal bias!
The AP is the news organization of record. Too friggin bad.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic