Acceptable registrations in the queue through November 21 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The H*** Show coming to Detroit! That's H*** news!

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
lovinlife101

Re: The H*** Show coming to Detroit! That's H*** news!

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:58 pm

JLesinski wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:00 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:34 am
JLesinski wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:49 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:30 pm
JLesinski wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:33 am
So the radio signal is going to magically stop at the borders of Detroit when he is on?

"Metro Detroit is not predominantly black". This is a true and factual statement backed up by the census.

Yes, Detroit proper is mostly black. Metro Detroit however where the majority of our population lives, and where the radio signal will travel, is 70% white. I'm not sure why this is such a difficult concept.
When I say "Detroit" I do not mean "Sterling Whites." I mean Detroit.
So you're going with the angle that the signal is going to be magically contained within the literal Detroit borders? Thats a bold take.
No. I'm going with when I say "Detroit," I mean Detroit.

You're going with something else.

When I say the population of Detroit in 2018 was 672,662, I mean the population of Detroit in 2018 was 672,662.

JLesinski: So you're going with the population of Cleveland from 2010?

Me: No. Detroit. 2018. Please try to keep up.
I'm caught up and know the meaning of words. We are in a sub-forum literally titled "Metro Detroit" :lol:
So again, do you think the signal will not be going out to all of metro Detroit? Please just answer that very simple question. The shows audience will literally include all of Metro Detroit which is 70% white. That is not a predominantly black market.
Is it a strong black market? Sure.
Is it a large black market? Sure.
But the fact remains that our area is NOT "Predominantly Black".

You can say the show is coming to "Detroit" and in your head you may mean the literal Detroit borders. In the real world however, signals do not care about city boundaries and all of metro Detroit will be the potential audience; which is, of course, 70% white per the census. That, obviously, is no where near "predominantly black". Its really pointless arguing this though. When the show comes to "Detroit", everyone will understand that its going everywhere. You can continue to think that it is only for "Detroit proper". Honestly, makes no difference to me.
Once again, slowly, so even you can understand.

I. Said. "Detroit."

Show me where I said "Metro Detroit" prior to this post and I'll give you $1 million.

Howard Jones

Post by Howard Jones » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:02 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:19 pm
So, the H*** show is coming to Detroit!

https://www.mlive.com/sports/2020/07/th ... rsday.html

H*** congratulations and H*** success for another white radio host in a predominantly black market!!!
There is no Detroit-only radio market - such a thing doesn't exist. The market, by definition, includes all of Metro Detroit. You lose.

You can send my million to the bottom of Lake Michigan.

Things can only get better

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:14 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:58 pm
JLesinski wrote:
lovinlife101 wrote:
JLesinski wrote:
lovinlife101 wrote:
JLesinski wrote:
So the radio signal is going to magically stop at the borders of Detroit when he is on?

"Metro Detroit is not predominantly black". This is a true and factual statement backed up by the census.

Yes, Detroit proper is mostly black. Metro Detroit however where the majority of our population lives, and where the radio signal will travel, is 70% white. I'm not sure why this is such a difficult concept.
So you're going with the angle that the signal is going to be magically contained within the literal Detroit borders? Thats a bold take.

When I say the population of Detroit in 2018 was 672,662, I mean the population of Detroit in 2018 was 672,662.

I'm caught up and know the meaning of words. We are in a sub-forum literally titled "Metro Detroit" :lol:
So again, do you think the signal will not be going out to all of metro Detroit? Please just answer that very simple question. The shows audience will literally include all of Metro Detroit which is 70% white. That is not a predominantly black market.

You can say the show is coming to "Detroit" and in your head you may mean the literal Detroit borders. In the real world however, signals do not care about city boundaries and all of metro Detroit will be the potential audience; which is, of course, 70% white per the census. That, obviously, is no where near "predominantly black". Its really pointless arguing this though. When the show comes to "Detroit", everyone will understand that its going everywhere. You can continue to think that it is only for "Detroit proper". Honestly, makes no difference to me.

I. Said. "Detroit."

Show me where I said "Metro Detroit" prior to this post and I'll give you $1 million.
Dude, you can say it as slowly as you want and as many times as you want. In the context of discussing radio and television shows "Detroit" refers to the entire area because...stay with me now...the radio signal doesnt care about the borders of Detroit proper. We understand that in your head you are thinking the literal city of Detroit only. What you are not getting is that the physical borders of Detroit proper are irrelevant.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:10 pm

Howard Jones wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:02 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:19 pm
So, the H*** show is coming to Detroit!

https://www.mlive.com/sports/2020/07/th ... rsday.html

H*** congratulations and H*** success for another white radio host in a predominantly black market!!!
There is no Detroit-only radio market - such a thing doesn't exist. The market, by definition, includes all of Metro Detroit. You lose.

You can send my million to the bottom of Lake Michigan.
I'll give you $1 for effort. You'll have fun finding it on me. Or, I'll have fun having you find it.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:11 pm

JLesinski wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:14 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:58 pm
JLesinski wrote:
lovinlife101 wrote:
JLesinski wrote:
lovinlife101 wrote:
JLesinski wrote:

I. Said. "Detroit."

Dude, you can say it as slowly as you want and as many times as you want. In the context of discussing radio and television shows "Detroit" refers to the entire area because...stay with me now...the radio signal doesnt care about the borders of Detroit proper. We understand that in your head you are thinking the literal city of Detroit only. What you are not getting is that the physical borders of Detroit proper are irrelevant.
Detroit is Detroit.

Black is black, I want my baby back.

RedRamage

Post by RedRamage » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:02 pm

So... just "coincidence" that he doesn't debut in the biggest major sports market in the state until after there is no other competition there?

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:23 am

Have you even looked at the actual numbers?
Black is NOT the majority at all.
Just because the city of Detroit is, does not mean the market is.
Try and use real data instead of guessing.

Music is my life.

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:19 am

stopnswop2 wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:23 am
Uh oh, here we go again!

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:00 am

JLesinski wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:19 am
stopnswop2 wrote:
Uh oh, here we go again!
Um, what are you rambling about?
I'm not allowed to correct someone?

Here's the numbers:

Population: 3,832,900 (Black: 842,800) (Hispanic: 153,400)

Music is my life.

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:15 am

stopnswop2 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:00 am
JLesinski wrote:
stopnswop2 wrote:
Uh oh, here we go again!

Here's the numbers:

Dude, did you read the thread? Basically this whole thread is me trying to correct him.

DAC

Post by DAC » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:01 am

Can we make it so when we type "H***" it auto corrects to "worthless motherfucker?"

Also, neither the city of Detroit nor the "Detroit market" are "predominantly black," unless there is a new definition of "predominantly." Always some H*** idiot speaking just to hear themselves around here.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:45 am

JLesinski wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:15 am
stopnswop2 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:00 am
JLesinski wrote:
stopnswop2 wrote:
Uh oh, here we go again!

Here's the numbers:

Dude, did you read the thread? Basically this whole thread is me trying to correct him.
Lmao, no sorry. I get such a headache reading LL's replies on threads, so I just replied to his original post and pretended that was all there was.

I would use the block feature, but then that "show post" button would actually make me tempted to read them, just to see what it said

Music is my life.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:17 pm

Only this board. LOL! Things never change. I needed this.

"I think that those who would try to make you feel less than who you are, I think that's the greatest evil."- Fred Rogers
"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it."-Winston Churchill
I don't respond to trolls.

scifi and horror

Post by scifi and horror » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:59 am

What a weird topic, tried and the link, and read through the thread and have no clue what H** is or what station it will be on. Then all the debate about what Metro Detroit is predominantly. Actually Metro Detroit is predominantly female. So by the logic in this thread, that should be the only demographic radio should be aimed at. Everything else in minority of the listening audience.

RayQix

Post by RayQix » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:47 am

The info is in the link.

The H### show apparently had some negative commentary from members here years ago, and the the Buzzboard was forced to block out the word.

I don’t know.... don’t care.... but apparently that show did.

Whether that’s relevant now, or the show is, I have no idea but the block-out still remains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Image>>RayQix<<Image

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic