Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Media Driven Racial Hostility

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Bobbert

Media Driven Racial Hostility

Post by Bobbert » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:40 am

On last night's news programs, the main theme was the different racial conflicts that have occurred in everyday situations in the last few weeks. The media acted shocked and surprised, but they are part of the problem, with the inflammatory way they have tried to stir up hostility between the races in the last five weeks.

Their stories were part of their reporting on the conflict at the Chipotle where the white woman pulled the gun on the black woman. The reports showed only a small part of the video that placed most of the blame on the white woman. If they had shown the full video, it would have told a much different story:

https://youtu.be/iZhdMcrBuDU

Rate This

Re: Media Driven Racial Hostility

Post by Rate This » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:46 am

Bobbert wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:40 am
On last night's news programs, the main theme was the different racial conflicts that have occurred in everyday situations in the last few weeks. The media acted shocked and surprised, but they are part of the problem, with the inflammatory way they have tried to stir up hostility between the races in the last five weeks.

Their stories were part of their reporting on the conflict at the Chipotle where the white woman pulled the gun on the black woman. The reports showed only a small part of the video that placed most of the blame on the white woman. If they had shown the full video, it would have told a much different story:

The full video basically had something for everybody.... nobody involved in that got it completely right...

The one I read from the Washington Post didn’t even match the video at all. It was hyped up and overdramatized and included things you don’t really see in the video. Like the white woman berating the black women at the beginning... she’s silent. It’s behind a paywall now or I would post it.

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:51 am

Rate This wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:46 am
Bobbert wrote:

The full video basically had something for everybody.... nobody involved in that got it completely right...

The one I read from the Washington Post didn’t even match the video at all. It was hyped up and overdramatized and included things you don’t really see in the video. Like the white woman berating the black women at the beginning... she’s silent. It’s behind a paywall now or I would post it.
In other words fake news.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:56 am

Lucky615 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:51 am
Rate This wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:46 am
Bobbert wrote:

In other words fake news.
An actual example of it. When I interned at 4 a few years ago I saw them turn a rather mundane house fire into a giant event with overwhelmed neighbors because a bunch of people standing around talking and watching the house burn isn’t that interesting. But nobody was scared or outraged or anything. They were just calmly chatting. The problem is that years of consultants have told them that the old style “just the facts” (even if it wasn’t it gave you that impression) style of journalism is a money loser and not what people want. I don’t buy that for a second. No conspiracy or anything... just good old fashioned capitalism at work.

wtfdetroit

Post by wtfdetroit » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:37 am

I was watching "Let it Rip" last night and one of the segments was Rob Parker saying 97.1 was racist because they have no black hosts. During the segment, an agent who was on said 97.1 is close to bringing a person of color on, I wonder who that is? Part of the segment was complaints that Rico Beard wasn't on the station so it could be him.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:59 am

wtfdetroit wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:37 am
I was watching "Let it Rip" last night and one of the segments was Rob Parker saying 97.1 was racist because they have no black hosts. During the segment, an agent who was on said 97.1 is close to bringing a person of color on, I wonder who that is? Part of the segment was complaints that Rico Beard wasn't on the station so it could be him.
Rob Parker is a race baiter.

wtfdetroit

Post by wtfdetroit » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:05 am

I agree. His act is old and he pushes it too far.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:05 pm

People get in snits with each other all the time. Tempers can be explosive. Especially if a parent is defending their child. Which may have been going on here.

The difference is we’re here in the USA in 2020 where nearly anybody who wants one can obtain a gun and ammunition. The nation is an armed camp. And one never knows who might pull a gun.

Pour on top of that a load of much publicized white supremacy, good ol’ American racism against African Americans, sky high unemployment, the virus always stalking, uncertainty and fears all are facing in this pandemic, plus a divisive racist president setting the national tone - and you have a tinder dry, wind swept, hot, lay of the land - ready to spark and burn out of control.

We need a leader and many sub-leaders who will all work together to bring down our collective temperature, finally legislate sensible gun laws, be examples themselves of unity, empathy, understanding, and steer this country into a new disposition and appreciation - for and about ourselves and each other.

When you walk into a stranger PLEASE feel the need to apologize. Then do so. If you don’t feel the need to apologize - you’re in the wrong. And if you’re the person who is bumped don’t assume you’re being disrespected due to race. Because if you say something like “excuse you” that assumes the worst. It’s important to remain dignified, and allow the other person to have dignity as well. Otherwise you have escalated the situation.

In this incident the red head is grossly in the wrong because she ends up pulling a gun and threatening death. No matter how the offended family taunts the couple with words and body language - the red head’s final action destroys any benefit of doubt she may have had near the start of this situation.

Is she pregnant? She holds her belly. Is the other woman saying SHE was bumped? Or was her DAUGHTER bumped? The protective “mom mentality” could also be rocketing this scene.

However - despite all factors known and unknown that may have helped escalate this drama - the bottom line is: the woman with the gun threatened to shoot and injure or kill other human beings. So she’s made herself the criminal.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:39 am

screen glare wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:05 pm
However - despite all factors known and unknown that may have helped escalate this drama - the bottom line is: the woman with the gun threatened to shoot and injure or kill other human beings. So she’s made herself the criminal.
Complete bullshit. She acted completely responsible in defense of her and her husband as they were being attacked by two aggressive people.... Who knows what those two could have done it they weren't stopped.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:50 am

km1125 wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:39 am
screen glare wrote:
Complete bullshit. She acted completely responsible in defense of her and her husband as they were being attacked by two aggressive people.... Who knows what those two could have done it they weren't stopped.
Meh... having been in situations like that and knowing how to deal with the kind of behavior the black women were exhibiting that’s only good if you have no clue how to deal with an angry black women. I had the sensation to be irritated but never felt afraid for anybody’s life. That’s a bit of an exaggeration.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:18 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:50 am
km1125 wrote:
screen glare wrote:
Meh... having been in situations like that and knowing how to deal with the kind of behavior the black women were exhibiting that’s only good if you have no clue how to deal with an angry black women. I had the sensation to be irritated but never felt afraid for anybody’s life. That’s a bit of an exaggeration.
Wow... That is a quite racist statement... Can you clarify that for me? How do you deal with an angry black woman??

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:24 pm

km1125 wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:18 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:50 am
km1125 wrote:
screen glare wrote:
Wow... That is a quite racist statement... Can you clarify that for me? How do you deal with an angry black woman??
It’s about the only way I can put into words what they were experiencing but it’s not racist however.... I would deal with a black woman in a slightly different way than a millionaire white guy at a country club simply because these are different people who are going to have different approaches to things.

First off she should have addressed whether she bumped the kid or not.. she never did. Secondly she should have not escalated it onward with the attempted lecture on white People and a purported lack of racism. She is already in the car, just roll up the window and go... that lecture didn’t go over well. Lastly they should have stayed in the car and not hopped back out, they probably could have eventually backed up and gotten out of there without any further interactions.

Bottom line is that you have to tailor your response to suit whatever your audience is, if you can do that it’ll go a long way towards calming them down. The couple in the video didn’t have any idea how to do that.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:35 pm

Rico Beard is fucking HORRIBLE. Please no.

If Terry Foster makes a comeback, that would be OK by me.
She acted completely responsible in defense of her and her husband as they were being attacked by two aggressive people.... Who knows what those two could have done it they weren't stopped.
So, if someone is yelling and kicks the bumper of someone's car, in your eyes, they deserve to have a gun pulled on 'em?

Verbal attacks do not warrant brandishing firearms. That being said, the African American woman was by no means a peacemaker and was also acting irresponsibly.

I must qualify that I am basing my remarks on the full video available on YouTube. The video is imperfect. There were evidently witnesses who saw the entire thing or almost the entire thing. It will be very interesting to see what they have to say in court if this matter ever goes to trial.

SixPlusOne

Post by SixPlusOne » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:47 pm

Bobbert wrote:
The reports showed only a small part of the video that placed most of the blame on the white woman. If they had shown the full video, it would have told a much different story: https://youtu.be/iZhdMcrBuDU
It's a practice by which selected pieces of an event are put together to form a predetermined narrative. CNN & MSNBC utilize this tactic every day.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:55 pm

They all do. Fox News included.

TV news no longer exists to inform; it exists to dramatize and create conflict.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic