Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Media Driven Racial Hostility

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Rate This

Re: Media Driven Racial Hostility

Post by Rate This » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:29 pm

SixPlusOne wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:47 pm
Bobbert wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:40 am
The reports showed only a small part of the video that placed most of the blame on the white woman. If they had shown the full video, it would have told a much different story: https://youtu.be/iZhdMcrBuDU
It's a practice by which selected pieces of an event are put together to form a predetermined narrative. CNN & MSNBC utilize this tactic every day.
So does FOX... right wing outlets arguably do this more in fact...

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:55 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:59 am
wtfdetroit wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:37 am
I was watching "Let it Rip" last night and one of the segments was Rob Parker saying 97.1 was racist because they have no black hosts. During the segment, an agent who was on said 97.1 is close to bringing a person of color on, I wonder who that is? Part of the segment was complaints that Rico Beard wasn't on the station so it could be him.
Rob Parker is a race baiter.
I agree I can't stand Rob Parker he is such a blowhard I wish FS1 would get rid of him as ESPN did. Wasn't a fan of the Detroit sports teams he was a homer for the New York sports teams.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

696lover

Post by 696lover » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:57 am

Sports TV is a self correcting problem for me. I stopped watching ESPN when it turned into a soap opera and political message channel. Stopped watching NFL when they started insulting the flag (and the Ford family went out and did it with them).

Now I read they and the NBA are replacing jersey names with racial sayings and playing the Black National Anthem before games.

Good luck with that. I know my dollars won't hurt them, but I will not watch a game, either in person or on TV.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:04 am

696lover wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:57 am
Sports TV is a self correcting problem for me. I stopped watching ESPN when it turned into a soap opera and political message channel. Stopped watching NFL when they started insulting the flag (and the Ford family went out and did it with them).

Now I read they and the NBA are replacing jersey names with racial sayings and playing the Black National Anthem before games.

Good luck with that. I know my dollars won't hurt them, but I will not watch a game, either in person or on TV.
I just care about who wins or loses... they can beat off before the game if they like... I really don’t give a damn. Protest is what that flag represents by the way. The people who founded this country were the ultimate protestors and they tore shit up and were radicals In their day looking for a change... to think otherwise is naive. The conservatives at the time were the British loyalists.

Soldiers have fought and died for the people’s right to protest. It’s not even against the flag or the country. It’s just a symbolic gesture against racism. You must have it good if this makes your radar as a problem.

696lover

Post by 696lover » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:04 am

If they have their own national anthem, and it is different than yours, they are not in the same nation as you.

They just told you that. Believe them

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:03 pm

696lover wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:04 am
If they have their own national anthem, and it is different than yours, they are not in the same nation as you.

There's a good quote from the movie Hoosiers that applies to all the protests during games:

"Look, mister, there's... two kinds of dumb.
A guy that gets naked and runs out in the
snow and barks at the moon, and, uh...
a guy who does the same thing
in my living room.
The first one don't matter, the second one
you're kinda forced to deal with."

Just replace the word "dumb" with the word "protest."

How many of these athletes have actually participated in the public protests, where no one could object to their behavior?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:01 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:03 pm
696lover wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:04 am

There's a good quote from the movie Hoosiers that applies to all the protests during games:

"Look, mister, there's... two kinds of dumb.
A guy that gets naked and runs out in the
snow and barks at the moon, and, uh...
a guy who does the same thing
in my living room.
The first one don't matter, the second one
you're kinda forced to deal with."

Just replace the word "dumb" with the word "protest."

How many of these athletes have actually participated in the public protests, where no one could object to their behavior?
#firstworldproblems

That you can even worry about this vs. finding food or water just to not die shows us how lucky we are to be here and what a wonderful place this is. As does allowing protests you don’t agree with but if it’s peaceful which this is then we have the obligation to allow it.

Deleted User 7769

Post by Deleted User 7769 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:24 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:29 pm
SixPlusOne wrote:
Bobbert wrote:
The reports showed only a small part of the video that placed most of the blame on the white woman. If they had shown the full video, it would have told a much different story: https://youtu.be/iZhdMcrBuDU
It's a practice by which selected pieces of an event are put together to form a predetermined narrative. CNN & MSNBC utilize this tactic every day.

You’re an absolute liar. Or you’re just dumb.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:27 pm

radiodoc wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:24 pm
Rate This wrote:
SixPlusOne wrote:
Bobbert wrote:

FOX has been caught editing photos together in the last few weeks of protests from several places to give the illusion something is happening somewhere it’s not and then when called on it it becomes “oh! Our mistake!”... suuuuurrrreeeee.... Their latest “error” is editing Trump out of a photo of him with Ghislaine Maxwell... if you believe their story you’re either dumb or well... dumb.

To think right wing outlets don’t alter images or completely distort sound bytes and take things way out of context is one of the funniest things I’ve heard in years...

n8fnr

Post by n8fnr » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:25 pm

And then there is this guy who is the king of racists;
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/presiden ... XwUGdboLRz

Deleted User 7769

Post by Deleted User 7769 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:28 am

Rate This wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:27 pm
radiodoc wrote:
Rate This wrote:
SixPlusOne wrote:
Bobbert wrote:

FOX has been caught editing photos together in the last few weeks of protests from several places to give the illusion something is happening somewhere it’s not and then when called on it it becomes “oh! Our mistake!”... suuuuurrrreeeee.... Their latest “error” is editing Trump out of a photo of him with Ghislaine Maxwell... if you believe their story you’re either dumb or well... dumb.

To think right wing outlets don’t alter images or completely distort sound bytes and take things way out of context is one of the funniest things I’ve heard in years...
That is a total bull shit story and has been proven to be a lie. They did not edit Trump out and, in fact, had an entire montage of photos of Maxwell with many world figures. Just because that montage DID NOT INCLUDE Trump, doesn’t mean they edited him out. But you can think whatever you want, sweetheart. The fact is CNN, MSNBC, ABC, AND CBS all manufacture bull shit stories on Trump and you fucking know it.
I’m not even a Trump supporter, but I do have ethical standards and the liberal media outlets, AKA: Mainstream Media, are nothing but a propaganda arm for the Democrat party.
Fool.

696lover

Post by 696lover » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:51 am

7 has Jennifer Schanz doing a full court press that Blacks can only spend money in Black stores today, and listing the locations of those stores.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:14 am

radiodoc wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:28 am
Rate This wrote:
radiodoc wrote:
Rate This wrote:
SixPlusOne wrote:
Bobbert wrote:

That is a total bull shit story and has been proven to be a lie. They did not edit Trump out and, in fact, had an entire montage of photos of Maxwell with many world figures. Just because that montage DID NOT INCLUDE Trump, doesn’t mean they edited him out. But you can think whatever you want, sweetheart. The fact is CNN, MSNBC, ABC, AND CBS all manufacture bull shit stories on Trump and you fucking know it.
I’m not even a Trump supporter, but I do have ethical standards and the liberal media outlets, AKA: Mainstream Media, are nothing but a propaganda arm for the Democrat party.
Fool.
Thanks for playing... but unfortunately you are incorrect. Too bad.

Deleted User 7769

Post by Deleted User 7769 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:59 am

Rate This wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:14 am
radiodoc wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:28 am
Rate This wrote:
radiodoc wrote:
Rate This wrote:
SixPlusOne wrote:
Bobbert wrote:

Fool.
Thanks for playing... but unfortunately you are incorrect. Too bad.

Hardly. Lol.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:08 am

Acting like there’s no manipulation or editing or out of context statements utilized by the right is naive at best and dishonest at worst.

What would be most interesting to know is why the incredible hostility towards me and the universe in general. Nobody did anything to you.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic