Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WCXI 1160 Republican Talk Radio

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
CK-722

Re: WCXI 1160 Republican Talk Radio

Post by CK-722 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:47 am

I think they could modify it to be, say 20 kW, and measure the conductivities toward WYLL, and let the nulls out to the West. It would serve Fenton and Livingston County and surrounding areas much better. Some idea of the real WDEO Proof of Performance conductivities can be found on the WMVP application to change patterns, to show the WDEO 990 overlap situation, and WUFL 1030 from the original full Proof of Performance when it went on the air in 1988. The Proof radials cross near the new WCXI site. As I said before, the results would be on the order of 4 or even less vs. 8 using the M-3 Maps. They measured WYLL before the move. I suspect they could have been at least 5 kW Day from the old site in Fenton using their original WFEN Proofs from 1985. I think the RITOIE and overload situations you described near the Fenton tower site were the fault of your receiver. I tried that on two or three drives thought Fenton on US 23 with a Delco GM radio and had no such problems. They could have reduced the 1 V/m blanketing contour with the Proof site conductivities. But unless I buy a 2,000 dollar recalibratred FI meter, no one believes me anyway. I measured the Day signal with the PL-880 in the middle attenuation position, where it is more linear at that field strength range, and doesn't plateau due to the AGC, and WCXI was 25 dB, vs. 50 dB for WJR and 49 dB for Day Pattern CKLW. I measured the actual field strength for WJR years ago at 20 mV/m and CKLW Day at 18 mV/m. So my estimate 30 miles East of WCXI is about 1.1 mV/m.

Is THAT where they got the idea for the 486-SX?

Same (x, y, z), different (t)

Your bullet missed my trial balloon.

RTN Price. Not guaranteed. As of 12:30, 157.71 Down 0.22.

Artificial Intelligence is a Child that needs a Parent to guide it through.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:12 pm

The lineup on WCXI is basically who Mark Levin is referring to when he mentions "the back bencher's" :lol

1160 may be better than 1400 for Hannity, on AM, but did Sima ever file for an FM translator? Translators, in a large metro area, are only useful if you're stationery, but at least you can say you're "on FM"

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:56 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:12 pm
The lineup on WCXI is basically who Mark Levin is referring to when he mentions "the back bencher's" :lol

1160 may be better than 1400 for Hannity, on AM, but did Sima ever file for an FM translator? Translators, in a large metro area, are only useful if you're stationery, but at least you can say you're "on FM"
I thought the 103.9 translator in Macomb County was going to be for WCXI.

Deleted User 3751

Post by Deleted User 3751 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:16 am

I've tuned in from time to time to see if their audio sounds any better, and it sucks. I don't know how anyone can listen to that distorted crap. I'm done!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic