Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

How to fix the Fox 2 morning show

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Editorcj

Re: How to fix the Fox 2 morning show

Post by Editorcj » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:17 pm

Off the wall suggestion, a full time AM IT person to deal with all of the technical issues that come with most everybody working remotely from home.

joe60

Post by joe60 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:12 pm

I know with the virus they are struggling to find content but at this point an infomercial would be more interesting than the f ox 2 morning show. The morning show has become 3 people talking about the same topics every day for two hours. I cant watch it anymore. Jason Carr showing off his trivia knowledge every day while his cohost laughs and brings nothing to the show is not a better option

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:50 pm

Glenn Beck 9AM - Noon on Blaze TV.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:03 pm

Lucky615 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:50 pm
Glenn Beck 9AM - Noon on Blaze TV.
That’s like watching paint dry while watching the same topics over and over again.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:44 pm

Looks like someone put the paddles to this thread. So I'll say the same thing I did before. According to every ratings posted here since I joined Buzzboard, Fox2 mornings is #1. Yeah, they may be annoying, and definitely into themselves, and think they are all that. And it does show.

But like I said, they are #1. My thinking is until the rating starts slipping, don't change a thing.

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:40 pm

Compared to that train wreck on channel 4, the FOX 2 morning show is incredible. Its not incredible of course but that just shows how bad the WDIV show is. When Deena is on the show is watchable. Without Deena the show struggles. I do miss the in studio couch shots. Lue, Ermanni and the weather boys are "meh" at best. Lee Thomas is solid.

scifi and horror

Post by scifi and horror » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:36 am

I'll admit that it is Fox 2 I put on in the background in the morning as I get ready for work. It servers its purpose in the morning, not every segment is great, yes they repeat stories, doesn't really bother me that much. Some of you are very picky.

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:49 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:37 am
All of the problems would go away if Jay Towers went away. Like everything. World hunger. War. Fat, ugly, washed up disc jockeys who think they can do Tv. Everything!
You also forgot sexually transmitted diseases.

RayQix

Post by RayQix » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:33 am

If it’s #1, then that’s good for them. What are they doing?

Since the crisis started, I haven’t watched morning tv. Just too much for me.

What’s 4 and 7 doing ? They have national shows that apparently are what works.... and pays the bills.

Some of the 2 folks I can do without.... but again I’m not watching it right now.

Do what works.... improve it when it doesn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:42 am

RayQix wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:33 am
If it’s #1, then that’s good for them. What are they doing?
My opinion, and i've said it before a few months ago. They are local. And local is what most viewers want.

When 7 o'clock rolls around, all Today and GMA does for the first half hour is repeat everything that Local 4 and WXYZ have been saying ad nauseam since 4:30 in the morning. I think this is why the folks that were watching 4 and 7 click over to 2 when the network comes on. They've already heard all this. They go to Fox2 for a breath of fresh air.

If you take away all the national news that WXYZ has already talked about, GMA becomes GMNY.
And who in Detroit cares what's going on in New York?

I've also said this before:
What if Local 4 news stayed put and showed the Today show on 4-2 or 4-3 or whatever?

Instead of going to Channel 20 at 7, what if WXYZ sent GMA to Channel 20, and keeps the local news on 7-1?
Would more folks stick around and watch 4 and 7? Start to blend in more local/music/cooking/stuff/chit chat/stuff like the Nine does.

What if WDIV followed the morning newscast with Live in the D at 7 or 8 in the morning. Would more folks watch it? Let's face it. It's a little weird the way they do it now. 3 hours of network, 1 hour of local, followed by another hour of network.
Live in the D's low ratings isn't the fault of the people putting it together and the folks in front of the camera, IMO.
If people quit watching Channel 4 when the Today Show comes on at 7 o'clock (and the ratings posted here prove they do just that), they're not going to go back to WDIV at 10am. They'll just leave it parked on Fox2.

I know from reading on here that Editorcj works at 7. I asked him/her if their station could do that.
I didn't want to know if they would or they should. Just if they could if they wanted.
Or is there some sort of contractual obligation that requires them to show GMA on the main channel.
Editorcj basically said (s)he is not high enough on the food chain to know that sort of thing.

RayQix

Post by RayQix » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:31 pm

Maybe they don’t realize they could flip it to one of the subs.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:52 am

RayQix wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:31 pm
Maybe they don’t realize they could flip it to one of the subs.
There may be contractural reasons why they can't. But I've been curious for a little while now. Could they if they wanted to? In my totally non-professional opinion, I think all the dribble I drabbled two post ago is something for 'DIV and 'XYZ to consider.

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:59 am

Deena looking absolutely stunning this morning. More Deena and less everyone else!

RayQix

Post by RayQix » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:00 pm

Deena is a nice visual for the program.... but the content is what matters.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic