Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

FETV

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
stopnswop2

Re: FETV

Post by stopnswop2 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:56 am

innate-in-you wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:20 am
stopnswop2 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:26 pm
Bobbert wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:11 pm
SolarMax wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:29 pm
My wife has latched onto some shows on FeTV. My issue with it is that Comcast does not format FeTV in the correct aspect ratio. FeTV's apparent 4:3 is stretched out to be fake 16:9 on the X1 box. My TV has a "wide" and "stretch" setting but not a "squeeze" so I can't correct it on my end.
Another technical oddity is the louder volume on FETV. I often alternate between FETV and a digital subchannel retro station, and I always have to adjust the volume.
I don't quite understand how to access digital subchannels. Is it because I have Satellite, or do I just have no idea how to work my TV?
AFAIK, cable and satellite carriers don't use subchannels. Their channels are all integers.

Subchannels are on over-the-air TV transmitters. You need a terrestrial TV antenna - which can cost anywhere from 1/3 of a cent to $200**

If your TV is older than about 13 years, you'll need a converter box to watch the subchannels. Your major stations will have the main program as their ".1" channel (e.g., WDIV is channel 4.1, WXYZ is 7.1, and so on). Channel 4.2 is This, 4.3 is MeTV, and channel 4.4 is Cozi TV).

Subchannel stations are usually presented in SD mode (also known as 480i - the resolution we all watched for half a century. Notable exception: PBS Kids on 56.2 is 1080i HD).

** If you're within about 15 miles of a full-power transmitter site, and have a window facing Southfield, a completely unfurled jumbo paperclip, inserted in the center of the F connector on the TV set, will receive stations that transmit on the UHF channels (not Fox 2, CBET, WUDT nor WHND).
Thank you for the proper information!
Well, I guess I'll have to skip on the subchannels for now

Music is my life.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: FETV

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:07 am

I guess it's time to scan my digital converter box again.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic