Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

President Schlissel just might’ve caused an uproar

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Matt

Re: President Schlissel just might’ve caused an uproar

Post by Matt » Thu May 28, 2020 8:52 am

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 10:08 pm
The only thing good about Ann Arbor is when you get out a few miles from the UM Campuses, where the real people live, the blue collar skilled trades types, artisans no longer taken in by it, etc. The U types look down on everyone, and they're really no better than anybody. Like this person wrote in the following link-Ann Arbor Sucks. Get out while you still have your dignity. I always remember the first time I visited. There was a little restaurant at one end of Nickels Arcade. Went into the bathroom. There was no light. There was a spoon and a match on the floor next to a stall where someone had shot up heroin. It went downhill from there.

Once you read this, you'll be sorry you stayed.

https://www.michigandaily.com/article/b ... rbor-sucks
You're basically the right wing version of TCT, just posting vapid nonsense.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:33 am

Matt wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 5:16 pm
MSU has announced they will be on campus this fall. Schlissel has been much more publicly bullish than Stanley on in-person in the fall. I maintain the opinion that U-M will be on campus this fall. Now I'm adding to the prediction: football will happen but capacity will be 20-25%.
Well, 1/1 so far. I'd expect to know about football no later than the week after the 4th of July.

https://campusblueprint.umich.edu

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:01 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:33 am
Matt wrote:
MSU has announced they will be on campus this fall. Schlissel has been much more publicly bullish than Stanley on in-person in the fall. I maintain the opinion that U-M will be on campus this fall. Now I'm adding to the prediction: football will happen but capacity will be 20-25%.
Well, 1/1 so far. I'd expect to know about football no later than the week after the 4th of July.

They will be on campus to a degree but there is some significant remote learning in there. If there’s a second wave it’ll be like rats abandoning a sinking ship. Then come the calls asking “why did you let them back?”... then come massive layoffs and program closures...

65memories

Post by 65memories » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:53 pm

And all of this pertains to broadcasting how...?

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:57 pm

65memories wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:53 pm
This is a media forum, and the original post was about football. The University of Michigan is located in Metro Detroit/SE Michigan. The local media broadcasts and discusses Michigan Football. The real question is if you don’t care, why did you post in here?
Rate This wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:01 pm
Matt wrote:
Matt wrote:

They will be on campus to a degree but there is some significant remote learning in there. If there’s a second wave it’ll be like rats abandoning a sinking ship. Then come the calls asking “why did you let them back?”... then come massive layoffs and program closures...
You don't think the regents, the president, and other senior leadership didn't consider? It very clearly states the university is starting on time, eliminating breaks, and putting a two month gap between in person portions of the two main terms. The University has the public health advisors that are assisting Karen in Lansing. Out of respect for the office of the Governor, the University waited as long as it could to make the announcement. Why do you always have to be so contrarion?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:59 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:57 pm
65memories wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:53 pm
This is a media forum, and the original post was about football. The University of Michigan is located in Metro Detroit/SE Michigan. The local media broadcasts and discusses Michigan Football. The real question is if you don’t care, why did you post in here?
Rate This wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:01 pm
Matt wrote:
Matt wrote:

You don't think the regents, the president, and other senior leadership didn't consider? It very clearly states the university is starting on time, eliminating breaks, and putting a two month gap between in person portions of the two main terms. The University has the public health advisors that are assisting Karen in Lansing. Out of respect for the office of the Governor, the University waited as long as it could to make the announcement. Why do you always have to be so contrarion?
I’m just pointing out the inevitable double edge of the sword. If they have to shut it down again it’ll be bad... very bad. The place is already limping along.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic