Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Amy Jacobson Barred From Pritzker Briefings

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Ben Zonia

Amy Jacobson Barred From Pritzker Briefings

Post by Ben Zonia » Wed May 20, 2020 8:43 pm

Amy Jacobson has been banned from covering Gov. Pritzker's Briefings, because she has spoken out against some of his edicts.

https://www.robertfeder.com/2020/05/19/ ... briefings/

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Amy Jacobson Barred From Pritzker Briefings

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed May 20, 2020 9:17 pm

Do the individuals in question have any connection to Detroit?

I guess I don't understand why this topic is posted to the SE Michigan forum.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Wed May 20, 2020 9:19 pm

How old are you? Amy Jacobson worked for quite a stretch at WJBK-TV. Maybe you were out of town?

Read all about it.

Wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Jacobson

Linkedin.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/amy-jacobson-7182689

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Editorcj

Post by Editorcj » Wed May 20, 2020 11:13 pm

I remember Amy, she was rumored to be quite unethical while at Fox 2 and scandal seems to follow her around.

696lover

Post by 696lover » Thu May 21, 2020 5:51 am

If she isn't supporting the party, what did she think would happen?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu May 21, 2020 7:08 am

I appreciate the info. Thank you, Ben.

I did not move to the area until 1999, in case you're curious.

She certainly is no stranger to controversy. I'm guessing morning co-host at WIND 560 doesn't pay nearly as well as her former gig (many years ago) at NBC 5. But hey - I'll give Salem credit for offering listeners of its Chicago news/talk outlet a 100% local morning show! I believe John Howell (early/mid 80's morning man at WGRD Grand Rapids) previously hosted that daypart before accepting a job at 890 WLS.

Who woulda thunk the Illinois Governor's office would ever act spitefully against a political dissident? :blink
I mean, that has never happened before!

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Thu May 21, 2020 3:27 pm

There are so many people over the years that worked in Northern Michigan, Grand Rapids Kalamazoo Battle Creek, Lansing Jackson, Flint Saginaw Bay City, before Detroit or other large markets that the list seems almost endless. TV, but especially Radio. Sometimes, you think it's two or more people with the same name. Sometimes it is, like the two or three Dusty Rhodes. Sometimes it's confusing, like the late Bill Gibson, who worked at WCZN/WWCK, and later some Detroit area stations, and then as Manager Bill Gildenstern, his given name, at WCBY/WCBY-FM and WQLZ. Some, like Kurt Kelly and Art Morrison, have been all over. WJRT-TV 12 used to be the fast track to WXYZ-TV 7, and even WLS-TV 7. This included Rich Fisher, Rob Kress, Jim Madaus, Peter Karl, Roseanne Cerra, and others. Many have passed on, so many I can't remember all of them. Rhonda Hart (can't remember her given name) and Prudy, Alison Harte (Prudy Dykstra) have passed on and were quite a few places. Good to remember all of them, and sadly the many who have passed on.

-Author Unknown

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic